Listen to this and Smile

>listen to this and Smile
>almost everything i've listened to since is slightly disappointing just because it pales in comparison

what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZW9NYX6JZA&t=16s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I went through a Future phase

Try animal collective, they are like an electronica Beach Boys

Listen to Gershwin or something, Wilson loved him.

Ha-ha, no.

This because it built on what pet sounds had established.

This, Animal Collective is actually able of curing this... you just have to start at the right album and I dont know which one to suggest... Probably "Strawberry Jam" though.... also the band "Women" might work too.

>animal collective
>electronica

Its totally not electronica... I dont know why user said it but its still a good suggestion.

I thoguht that, then I listened to this

youtube.com/watch?v=AZW9NYX6JZA&t=16s

Tages - Studio
The Fallen Angels - It's a Long Way Down
Scott Walker - Scott 3/Scott 4
Love - Forever Changes
Small Faces - Odgens Nut Gone Flake
Nirvana - All of Us/Story of Simon Simopath
The Freeborne - Peak Impressions

There is plenty of other fucking excellent music out there, don't worry about it. You will find something else that speaks to you, guaranteed

Jellyfish

oh, and The Four Seasons - Genuine Imitation Life Gazette

Besides from Pet Sounds and Smile what are other Beach Boys albums worth my time?

They definitely have a heavy Beach Boys influence, and Noah has a vocal resemblance to Brian, but I think the real connection between BB and AnCo are the open-hearted, childish, almost naive emotions both artists let out on full display in their music. And anyone who denies that AnCo is one of the most significant/influential and, dare I say, one of the best bands of the 2000s is simply being a contrarian.

Surfs up

Sunflower, Wild Honey, Surf's Up, Love You, and Today!

Everything from Surfin' Safari to Love You.

Surf's Up is so close to being a 9/10 if it wasn't for Student Demonstration Time.

Everything from their early output (1965 and earlier) is worth listening to outside of their "cars" phase.

I just didn't know what to label it desu. What does it actually fall under? indie pop? lol.

I've heard them called neo-psychedelia, which is more fitting than electronica. Indie pop honestly wouldn't be too far from the truth either.

Sooooo fucking true. I hate that song. I only like the line The pen is mightier than the sword but no match for a gun.