/punk/

Hello Sup Forums. I have decided that I want the most patrish punk vinyl collection. post punk albums that are good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIOsw2wK4os
feebleminds.bandcamp.com/album/brown-sugar-sings-of-birds-and-racism-lp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

start by throwing out that one

Public Image Ltd - Metal Box [1979]
Mission of Burma - Vs. [1982]
Hüsker Dü - Zen Arcade [1984]
Black Flag - My War [1984]
X - Los Angeles [1980]
Minor Threat - Minor Threat [1981]

None of these are punk. Buy Fun House by The Stooges

That is incorrect.

if you want a truly patrician punk album, start looking for obscure 7 inches.

lmao

>Black Flag
>not punk
wut

Black Flag is one step away from being Led Zeppelin. Get some actual taste.
>RYM said it was good so it must be good! I know punk rock!

stop

It's an "if I pretend a sub-set doesn't belong to the larger set, I can look informed on the internet" episode.

Black Flag is nothing like Led Zeppelin.

Sorry you got your shit taste BTFO user. Try again next year.

Black Flag is the punk equivalent. They're not that great and are heralded as legends.

stahp

Kollaa Kestää
Subhumans
The Flesh Eaters

Even if Black Flag was the tiniest bit like Led Zeppelin, that's not a bad thing.

Again user sorry your shit taste got blowm out. Invest a little more in the genre than the bare minimum and your opinion will mater

stop

Fight me you fucking faggot

truest words, listen to this one
>mater
also try Ludus and Flesh Eaters

What does /punk/ think of Bad Religion? Personally, I think they're some good stuff.

Don't make me say it again user. You don't care about punk rock.

stahp

They're heralded as legends because they are. They pioneered hardcore punk and blazed the trail for countless other bands and scenes (particularly in the west coast). Their work ethic was unmatched and they had a huge part in developing the DIY aesthetic of future hardcore punk acts.

Their music is actually enjoyable as well, which sets them apart from much of the contemporary punk / hardcore bands of the time (and since).

This is all a moot point because calling them the "punk equivalent" of anything supports the assertion that they are, in fact, punk.

Say that to my face IRL and see what happens.

early stuff ranges from meh to great, rest is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=WIOsw2wK4os

Real scared of some faggot on Sup Forums hit me with your horn rimmed glasses you fucking pussy

stop

Make me you fucking pussy. Listen to some actual punk rock.

M8 I'll rip you up gud (like I did to your mom's pussy).

make me

I just don't understand why you don't listen to punk rock that goes deeper than the most entry of entry level shit. None of you care about this music.

is this a punk general?
what do you guys think of this album?
one of my all time favs, DeSu

No Control is one of my favorite records of all-time. When they moved into the 2000's they reinvented themselves but never really lost any integrity or experimented too much, which kept them really safe and saved their legacy, but as a result their later discography tends to blend together and become forgettable as their own records.

I think Bad Religion is a fantastic band who had such a unique identity which inspired many copycats, but they never truly moved forward as a band, they only chased their own tail, playing it super safe. If they tried to do something new, I don't know if Graffin and friends could make something that would compare to their greatest moments, or even be as good as the bands around them.

>I just don't understand why you don't listen to punk rock that goes deeper than the most entry of entry level shit.
I actually do. I just so happen to also like black flag.

Music isn't like videogames. You don't "level up" to more challenging or obscure music.

All bantz aside, nobody is saying that they listen to Black Flag exclusively, they're just saying it's some good shit and essential for any punk's collection.

I'm a punk and wouldn't touch black flag with a 10 foot pole. so no it's not essential

black fag sucks

why does every punk thread always have some faggot like you who wants to measure dicks over who has the most obscure record collection?

Yeah, well that's just like, your opinion man.

That's not true. As a kid, I remember finding most metal to be too abrasive and "scary" for me. When I started getting into punk, I still wasn't a huge fan of death metal or anything for a long time. Once I started appreciating hardcore, I eventually wanted heavier stuff. I listened to Gorilla Power by Gorilla Biscuits and wondered "Is there any song faster than this?" then I started listening to Slayer, and then I moved up the ranks over time, finding heavier and faster stuff until I heard every grindcore release looking for something even heavier.

I still sometimes have a desire to find the most brutal, blood-curdling music of all-time, and I worked my way up to the point I am at now.

i don't like the beatles, but they are still essential for anyone looking to get into rock.

don't buy this on vinyl, this is terrible mastered

also Dead Kennedys are the worst punk band

>also Dead Kennedys are the worst punk band
why

>Sup Forums is still having its punk phase
When will they learn

>vinyl collection
why specifically vinyl?
just get it on whatever however you can do it

Don't be a cheeky cunt.

>I listened to Gorilla Power by Gorilla Biscuits and wondered "Is there any song faster than this?" then I started listening to Slayer
You are literally proving my point for me.

true

The double standards of this board are amazing. Everybody here shits on the beatles but you shit on the Dead Kennedys and you're objectively wrong. Everybody can fuck off.

god I hate it when my wet fags undulate in the rain

>b-but the dead kennedys have the same politics as me so i have to like them!!

>people shit on band a
>people don't shit on band b
>therefore hypocrites
gr8 logic there pal

fucking hell these robots here, so long whilst I go to mo town retards

I've seen way more hate for DK than appreciation on this board

you are downright fucking retarded if you are clueless to the fact that the politics exhibited in DK's earlier work isn't objective fucking facts, also you are even more retarded if you fail to realize that real punk's quality is fucking dependent on there being correct politics god you are so retarded

don't come back

sorry, laughing at the retardation in you god dammit why do you have to be so gay?

t. typical dk fan

people like you are the reason these threads are always shit

^typical retard

says the one who legit hates themselves and is possibly gay

This album brought me out of my depression after a terrible break up. Not to sound too fruity, but I don't know where I'd be without this album. The feeling I get when I hear that opening bass riff in "Myage" is fucking indescribable.

This album grew on me. It took a long fucking time, but it grew on me. Title track is fucking sick.

oo wee good thing no one asked

>^
typical retard

good job stealing my joke you indescribable bastard

All time favorite hardcore album.

wait a second......did anyone ask? I don't think so......

feebleminds.bandcamp.com/album/brown-sugar-sings-of-birds-and-racism-lp

Gorgeous

It has nothing to do with their politics. Hate DK. It has to do with both bands being classics of their genre and one being vilified and the other loved. None of you people know anything about music.

Brown Sugar sucks

god you're even more retarded than the others punk is completely weighed in quality by the politics represented in the fucking music you dolt, that's why it's called "punk" (political underlying kaos) god people like you make me vomit from lack of brain cells

holiday in the sun gave me ptsd from hearing it so many times. thanks tony hawk.

idc about their politics but i think jellos voice is shit. not one of the anons you were replying to btw.

there are plenty of people on this board that like the beatles.
there are plenty of people that hate DK (hence why half the people in this thread that aren't shitposting are actively shitting on them).
why are you so butthurt about people liking things you don't like?

didn't ask you ignorant fuck

>both of these bands are considered classics
>therefore people liking one and not liking the other is hypocrisy
only poseurs care about how popular a band is.

you are such a fucking queer I don't think I'll live to see tomorrow

You've got to be fucking kidding. If you think punk is inherently political you know nothing.

wow real clever asshole

thanks man, if you really liked it i got more

you have to be fucking kidding. do I have to spell it out for your retarded ass again? Political UNderlyig Kaos you dolt fucking hell learn to read pls

ITT: posers

The biggest appeal to me is that every breakdown in their songs is absolute fire. The fact that they had 3 guitarists doesn't really change much and I might have enjoyed them better if they were a power trio.

I'm curious. What website did you find this on?

expedia you ignorant fuck

>how fast can you play the pentatonic scale
>the genre

wow we're all really impressed user i bet all the girls suck your dick

why is no wave the best punk genre guys?

>says black flag is one step away from led zeppelin
>recommends fun house instead

It's hard to imagine someone so dense.

using retarded bug words makes you look more retarded not smart buddyo fuck off

wew lads another late night /punk/ general why do these always turn into a shitfest