Is Sup Forums hype for the Dark Tower movie?

Is Sup Forums hype for the Dark Tower movie?

the books are great

Kings twitter implies that it's a sequel to the book series.

I'd rather have an adaptation.

This is a good way to appease the butthurt, though. I like it. But I understand why you'd want a direct adaptation

>sequel

isnt the whole point is that roland just redoes his quest over and over?

So how many "You have forgotten the face of your father" jokes are we going to be able to milk out of this?

The picture he tweeted is the horn with "last time around" superimposed on it, implying he'll finally be able to blow the horn at the end

Wow, he looks exactly like in my headcanon where big interactions between protagonists dont make sense because skin color actually DOES matter for once. Crazy.

Here come the faggots

the only reason im interested

From what i've heard the script is a fucking mess.

Also the first movie won't be based on the first book.

Also the final movie won't even start

>the books are great

Any book where the characters "leave" to visit the writer of the book is automatically 0/10.

>From what i've heard the script is a fucking mess.

Source?

Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?

I think in the last chapter it implies each loop has been a little different.

Doesn't imply that Roland changes race though. Though at this point Elba is the least of my worries.

The books are trash, but I'm hyped for Blacked Roland Deschain

I want his dark tower inside my wife.

>You have forgotten the face of your father

I cringed every time I read that. It felt forced as fuck.

This desu

Even King admits it was an awful idea

Lol

>instead of a lanky Clint loner cowboy archetype we have a cocksure stocky black guy who looks like he can tear anything apart with his bare hands

One of the things that I liked about the Dark Tower is that Roland is basically Clint except mixed with HDS's character from Paris,Texas.

He went through hell and back on his own, is completely broken and tired yet he has an unyielding resolve to get things done.

While I like Elba, especially in Luther, he just doesn't capture that, at all.

He might act well enough to overcome the atypical casting choice but I'm disappointed that they took this route since it's basically just stunt casting for no particular reason.

Odessa?

He was going through that stupid phase sometimes people do when they have a near death/someone super close has a near death experience and then they have to make everything about that event and divine intervention.

It seems super significant to them but they don't realize nobody gives a fuck. Anybody objectively looking at the plot should realize a book and a half about him almost getting flattened by some hillbilly on a backroad in bumfuck Maine is a terrible idea. His editor should have slapped him upside the head.

Like we don't get enough bumfuck Maine in the rest of his books.

Considering how fucking bad that ending was, and how long I waited for it, no.
>the books are great
You didn't finish the series, faggot.

They were great till the end..

There's some good ideas in the last books and Wind Through the Keyhole wasn't even a bad hodgepodge he just needed to sit on the books more instead of cranking 3 of them out

I don't care about Elba being cast, but man does he look like a huge fucking faggot in this picture.

are they gonna make the racist black woman in the book white?

>The Dark Tower
King is fucking shit writer. Fuck off.

No. The cycle after the last book ends is the going to be the last one because he finally has the horn.

Detta/Odetta/Susannah isn't even cast.
Might not even be in this story

honestly it working as a sequel to the books works better than a straight adaptation

As soon as I found that they are skipping the first two books I lost interest immediately.

Is the man in black going to be an oppressive white cislord?

He is a good writer when he tries. He did an AMA on reddit and I got the impression that he didn't put much effort into his writing.

that shit better be done right, and properly epic. holy cow

That's not what they meant by the middle.

They meant that the end the book series is the middle and that this second loop is the second half

I'm sure a Hollywood writer will come up with something better than King. I'm fine with the time loop shit honestly, it reminded me of the first book. But the sneetch fight with the Insomnia kid was stupid

>Tik Tock is saved by Randall
>except Tik Tock to become a badass and get his revenge
>gets red shirted in the next book by getting shot a shitload of times
When did you realize the books were going on a downward spiral?

>Randall fucking Flagg getting killed off by literally who the character introduced in the last book

Just to hype up a character who barely makes it through the rest of the book. Total fucking waste.