Hey Anons

Hey Anons.

I'm an oldfag who has been using imageboards for over 6 months. Though I have grown to greatly appreciate imabeboard/chan culture this are certain toxic aspects that I think it's time that we, as a community, address.

The first and most obvious example is the use of the word "fag" as a suffix. Using this type of destructive and hurtful language does nothing but make gender and sexual minorities (GSM's) in the community feel unwelcome, (as well as making the speaker appear vulgar and uneducated). One of the most appealing things about this website and our community is the promise of free speech. Many consider the use of inflammatory and venomous language to somehow be a part of "free speech", but it is not. By discouraging the use of this monstrous word we promote and foster true free speech.

Another word used promiscuously here is "cancer". Which is used as both a noun and an adjective. Chances are we all know friends and loved ones who have had to suffer through this awful disease. Using the word in this way is crude and insensitive.

Lastly, I suggest that we as a community stop promoting and normalizing violence against women and persons of color (POC's). I know that this is common to Sup Forums but it has leaked its way to every board on this website. Racist or sexist remarks, like the other ones listed in this post, prevent constructive discourse as well as creates an atmosphere of discomfort for women and POC's who are a part of this community.

There are of course other things that we as a community should recognize and stamp out to foster social consciousness and social justice.

I've created a pledge and ask that all anons repost it, to show their support to the cause. Below the line.

——————————————

I, user, hereby pledge to regulate my own behavior and discourage the language of others who use incendiary comments and content against people of gender and sexual minorities, women, persons of color, as well as other oppressed groups.

Mfw I can't tell if its bait

>I'm an oldfag who's been using imageboards for over 6 months

I, user, hereby pledge to regulate my own behavior and discourage the language of others who use incendiary comments and content against people of gender and sexual minorities, women, persons of color, as well as other oppressed groups.

Stop

>I'm an oldfag who has been using imageboards for over 6 months.

You're still a newfag. Try a decade then come back and talk.

just keep lurking

Nice Bait, Fag

The phrase is
>Lurk more faggot

>is against fag as a suffix
>calls himself an oldfag
>after only 6 months

Lurk More Faggot

Lol op is such a faggot that I got cancer after just 6 days on imageboards

I'll join you but only if I can still hate the niggers.

>More faggot
Are you coming on to me?

>sexual minorities
There's only two genders you fuckwit

>oldfag who has been using imageboards over the past 6 months

i would like to debait this but defagging and decancering are not possible with this amount of fail

Ahem, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Thank you and goodnight

I, user, hereby pledge to mind my own business and encourage the language of others who use incendiary comments and content against people of gender and sexual minorities, women, persons of color, as well as other oppressed groups.

Fuck you nigger cancer faggot OP.

bump so others can have a laugh