How did he get away with writing the same song over and over and over?

How did he get away with writing the same song over and over and over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-nRddsy2Uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How so. Even if he recycles chord progressions his vocal melodies and lyrics are good enough to forget that part.

He sings the same vocal melody that he cribbed from Paul McCartney over and over and over again. Every song.

he literally doesn't

there's obviously a pretty heavy Beatles influence in his songwriting but that doesn't equate to "writing the same song over and over".

Whatever. It annoys me to no end. I still like his songs, but it's all the same.

Now you're just shit posting thought you could be on to something

The same way Julian Casablancas sings the same melody on every fucking song.

delet this

julian did NOTHING wrong, except maybe getting sober

its called variations

He ruined the growlers, there is blood on his hands.

That's the first I've ever heard somebody on here say that and I agree 100 percent

what how

Nah. He is kinda more repetitive on records like Roman Candle and the s/t for sure, but Either/Or at least actually has pretty versatile songwriting on it. Not sure about his stuff after that though I kinda stopped listening to the guy when I got happy.

The growlers have always been shit
I think he isn't repetitive at all on roman candle and especially his s/t but on everything after Either/or he has this distinct Beatles influence and uses that 7th chord too often.

The stuff on his first two relies too much on the same set of chords that you everyone else use. Also it's a Beach Boys influence not Beatles iirc dude loved Beach Boys. But I don't necessarily see how that's samey at all though. If we are just talking "sameness", Either/Or is by far the most versatile album he has at least judging from his first three. Dude's got his standard strummed stuff, then he's got some crazy picking like Angeles, then he's got this slow jam ballad feel on 2:45 am, etc.

Yeah he's got that seventh sound on Either/Or, but nowhere near as common as the G and C chords alone on his stuff before it.

>Also it's a Beach Boys influence not Beatles iirc dude loved Beach Boys
t. dumbass

>when I got happy.
>on Sup Forums

you faggots will argue about anything

What music do you listen to now user?

>relies too much on the same set of chords that you and everyone else use

not at all, he used a shitton of chords and also alternative tunings, the most unique part are his rhythms though

>>Also it's a Beach Boys influence not Beatles iirc dude loved Beach Boys
>t. dumbass
Wut

but he didn't

>he used a shitton of chords
youtube.com/watch?v=d-nRddsy2Uk

I still cringe whenever I see that episode of Rick and Morty where Summer makes Young Rick listen to him and he cries
>So young :'((((
He was 34

>He was 34
You have a point tb h, he should have suicided in his 20s
>I still cringe whenever I see that episode of Rick and Morty where Summer makes Young Rick listen to him and he cries
I've never seen the show, but I thought Rick and Morty was supposed to be good. I like Elliott Smith, but why would you it make you cry?

>I like Elliott Smith, but why would you it make you cry?
Plot contrivance bullshit? It was something about Rick being unable to face his true feelings, anyway the real reason is that Harmon and Roiland are running the biggest show on adult swim and patting each other on the backs and giving each other quick succs between takes.

So no one is really looking out for them and telling them that that's fucking dumb

>I have no ears and I must shitpost

rick and morty is overhyped with its messages
show is decent besides that

plus they picked a lame 'hit' song when there are so many other good ones that would've fit better

Especially considering Smith hated this pity party kinda mentality where people told him "ooh i can relate i was sad too once". Dude wasn't sad, he was a terrible shell of a person in self-destruction mode, don't pretend you know shit about what he felt back then.

he just hates that people understands his lyrics and he wasnt clever enough