Why didn't this album get more attention this year? Was it because people actually think this band is racist? Seriously...

Why didn't this album get more attention this year? Was it because people actually think this band is racist? Seriously, it's one of the best albums of the year and barely anyone spoke about it.

Nah this album was just disjointed as fuck. Each song individually is good (nothing amazing however) but there's serious mood whiplash going on, even within songs like Memory. Fantano really got it right for once.

He gave it an 8 and said it was better than Viet Cong. I don't think he got it right

They tried post punk and it ended up being boring

oh wtf I don't remember the review very well, all I remember is he said the album suffers from mood whiplash and doesn't flow very well. I definitely think it's like a 6 or 7 and worse than Viet Cong, which had an excellent build and flow that continued to the very end.

Ya Viet Cong is better as an album and Death is one of the best songs from 2015

>Seriously, it's one of the best albums of the year
its not. and its definitely worse than viet cong and public strain

My AOTY
heard it when it leaked and it was the album if my summer. Bought it on vinyl the day it came out, nice clear vinyl and came with a 7 inch with a raincoats and ymo cover. their cover of The Raincoats' Off Duty Trip is way better than the original

Took me a lot of listens to memorize it desu, for the longest time I basically couldn't remember any of the tracks, but i'm so happy that I took the time to listen to it. Everything just flows so nicely (except for the two minute-long tracks but honestly I just consider them as one). The best part about it is definitely that it has no real "peaks". Don't get me wrong, the middle part of Memory is probably the best part of the album, but every song, even sense and forbidden, are consistently good throughout. You dont wait for the chorus or the bridge with this album, it's practically impossible to jump to certain parts. I've consistently been listening to at least a song or two off of this and ATCQ's We Got It From Here... ever since they came out. The only thing I didn't like was the video for Memory, it barely relates to how it sounds.

the name change killed the momentum they had

personally i'm more into this album start to finish than viet cong, but it didn't have any such highs like viet cong did with continental shelf

it singlehandedly got me into goth in search for songs like stimulation so that's a plus

They changed their name from something decent to something terrible, proving in the process that their original name was meaningless. As a result some of the mystique and interest that people perceived around the first album disappeared, so fewer people cared.

No, people didn't really care much about the name change, they just don't share your opinion.

they left behind a lot of what made Viet Cong interesting on this album, moved in a more general post-punk revival direction. I enjoyed the album a lot honestly, it was pretty solid, and it avoided being super derivative like most new post-punk. But it also didn't really shine as a cohesive statement. It would have been Top 20 material for me in a less eventful year but there were just so many other great albums this year. Hopefully they keep moving forward in a more focused direction on their next album

A couple bands this year released a better new Viet Cong album than Vc/preoc

Trust punks for example

i think they have to change their name for every release now

And always make them self-titled

That would be brilliant. Has any band done that before?

I'm not sure if I like it more than VC, but yeah it was easily my favorite record of the year just like VC last year. Most slept on band since Brave Little Abacus, imo

I thought of this too. I wouldn't mind it, but it would be kinda weird since their sound doesn't sound to be changing too drastically from each album

It's more of a slow-burning album, I guess. A bit less interesting, but still enjoyable in my opinion.

Have you heard Trust Punks?

Wrong.

album got a lot of attention. It's just been to a more quiet crowd. Saw them in San Francisco and LA two months ago. Both shows were packed. LA one was sold out.

A Silver Mt Zion maybe, they haven't changed their name with every release though

There was another Canadian band with a similar sound this year who I thought did it better but I can't remember the name.

Its pretty good. A solid post punk album. Better than pretty good actually. Its great.

people arent talking about it cos its not very good

Foetus