Mfw people who speak English as a second language on Sup Forums speak the language better than people I went to school...

>mfw people who speak English as a second language on Sup Forums speak the language better than people I went to school with speaking it natively

irony at it's finest

I miss rob ;_;

sorry for my english

>tfw im useless fuck
>people think im smart as fuck because i can speak london

I'm sorry if my English is bad. Its not my first language.

>speak
Write. I think all non-europeans have got bad speaking/listening skills.

True. I guess "comprehend" is a better word.

No englando Gringo tu entendi

watching lot of streams made me understand 99% of spoken English, less with some dialects, American english is cleanest and easiest to understand, but i do have ugly slav accent while speaking

I heard 7th graders are already at native level so further english lessons are a waste of time.

>That fucking German who can type coherently in some Shakespearean type of English and use big words I don't know

REEE

Vocaroo? Slav accent is my fetish

Yeah same, I've been watching tons of youtube videos from Americans and I can pretty easily understand them, but I literally have almost NEVER spoken to anyone. Only on vacations in Europe.

Most Italians do this and then they turn around and go "Io non parlo in inglese," like, nigga, stfu.

Same. Taken to soon.

>tfw I fish for compliments online by saying "sorry English is not my first language" even though I'm fully aware my English is pretty good for a foreigner

Best feel ever.

Excellent English by the way.

This
RIP in peace

Wow how long have you been learning English? Impressive

>french get mad at us for being monolingual
>their English is usually the shittiest out of all the other romance native speakers

People get lazy in their native tongue. Speaking in casual colloquialisms isn't a sign of bad English.

The X speaks better than Y because Y has a kooky regional accent or spells it your instead of you're because they're both pronounced the same isn't bad English. It's rare non-natives have flawless English, on Sup Forums too.

>even though I'm fully aware my English is pretty good for a foreigner
How do you know? I am absolutely not aware of my English skills level since no one here speaks it and I've never lived abroad in an English-speaking country.

>mfw people who speak English as a second language on Sup Forums type the language better than people I went to school with speaking it natively

Fixed.
Most non-native people here who type 10/10 in English would have a frequent "jams" while actually speaking it. A bit different skill set to type, and to speak.

Vocaroo yourself reading your own post, I wanna hear and Israeli accent and your proficiency desu

I take it for granted that Europeans can speak English fluently bc all their languahes are close enough to be linguistically considered dialects of the same language

Québécois et l'Acadiens generally speak perfect English.

because they're speaking the pussy version of english - a pseudo formal english.

Quebeckers mispell a few words that are English French loan words but otherwise they're perfect and nicer than Parisiennes.

Yes, my english is very much good, I train him very much.

>Québécois
>Perfect English

Sometimes

>Taken to soon
>to
Is this a trap?

>Is this a trap?

No I'm just stupid sometimes and lazy

>I take it for granted that Europeans can speak English fluently bc all their languahes are close enough to be linguistically considered dialects of the same language
This is incorrect. Not even Frisian and English can be considered dialects of the same language anymore.

>Finnish
>Estonian
>Hungarian
>Basque
>closely related to English
"no"

You very kanker good at English. Just like i.

There's lazy and then there's just straight up retarded. You'd be surprised how many grown ass Americans who couldn't tell you what a preposition is.

Most people don't need to know what a preposition is though. Also you don't need to know grammatical terms to be able to speak a language.

I think your wrong cuz ignorence lead to many errors. Should off taked classes srsly.

That hurt to type out.

that user was talking about native speakers tho.

>tfw vocabulary size ~5-6k words
>tfw suck at grammar and tenses
How to fix
I never learnt english actually, just from videogames and internet

read ulysses and finnegans wake by james joyce

Yes, that's my point exactly, ever went on Facebook just to see how many of your countrymen can't write English correctly?
Ever browsed through Youtube comments just to get nausea from the terrible grammar?
Even on Sup Forums you can see people typing "should of" instead of "should've" or "should have".

You haven't been to Spain have you

>can't write English correctly?
not a problem really, you can usually still tell what they're saying, even if it doesn't follow "standard" spelling.

>Ever browsed through Youtube comments just to get nausea from the terrible grammar?
most people on youtube i've seen that have terrible grammar are either children or ESL, so again, it doesn't much bug me.

>typing "should of" instead of "should've" or "should have".
I don't get why this bugs people considering it literally never causes ambiguity or anything.

We write well, but speak like shit.

This is the reason English is declining.
You are ok with your language being mutilated?
This disgusts me. Better start learning Ebonics then, as English will devolve into that in this century if nothing is done against this.

I don't speak English at all, I can only type it down.

What is this gibberish you are speaking of, chap

That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying everyone needs to be an expert in linguistics, but I certainly think it's important to know a thing or two about the proper use of the language you speak every day.

>I don't get why this bugs people considering it literally never causes ambiguity or anything.
The point is that it really shouldn't ever happen if you've been exposed to the language since the day you were born. The neglecting of these simple things shows an incredibly apathetic attitude.

he was a big guy
with a big heart

>This is the reason English is declining.
How does not writing well change the actual spoken language?

>You are ok with your language being mutilated?
language is constantly changing anyways, it doesn't really matter to me. if anything english has already been mutilated - compare how you and me are writing now to some anglo-saxon poems or chaucer or something.

>This disgusts me. Better start learning Ebonics then, as English will devolve into that in this century if nothing is done against this.
see last point. if anything english has already devolved, as has literally every language that is spoken today. also AAVE is no different from any other variety of english desu.

>The point is that it really shouldn't ever happen if you've been exposed to the language since the day you were born.
orthography =/= language

Sorry for bad england

you should hear me speak english then, I sound like I'm throwing up

on the topic: why is portugal so good at english? it seems like every portuguese poster has such an excellent understanding of the language, on par with even the netherlands and scandinavia. i don't mean to say that i expect less of portugal, but they do not follow the same trend as the other romance countries in english

i even notice this on other websites, not just Sup Forums

>orthography =/= language
Not knowing how to write a word is not the same as not knowing what it means. It's not as though people write "should of" while thinking "should have" in their heads. A ridiculous amount of people don't understand the grammatical role of the words they're saying.

bullshit

i don't know about you but it was my initial impression here on Sup Forums that the ability to speak (well shitpost in) a foreign language somehow makes people smarter. i was so wrong lmao. what we see here is just autistic memorization with zero critical thinking/analytical skills.

did that guy wet himself?

For me

>portugal
>all 3 or 4 portuguese who posts here
>they somehow represent portugal to him

i dunno if you are serious or not but i can totally believe this is possible if people only write and read but don't speak as much

I spent some much time on reddit and Sup Forums than I can barely speak proper English anymore, all I do is shitpost and use retarded memes and ghetto nigger expressions to anyone I talk to... Sup Forums has fucked me good senpai

>Not knowing how to write a word is not the same as not knowing what it means. It's not as though people write "should of" while thinking "should have" in their heads.
"of" and 've (what people mean to write when they write should / would / whatever of) are homophones in English. When people write "should of" , in most cases, they are thinking "should have", writing "of" instead of the accepted 've.

> A ridiculous amount of people don't understand the grammatical role of the words they're saying.
they do though if they're native speakers, otherwise they wouldn't be using them in the way they do. not being able to write well doesn't equate to not understanding the role of words in a sentence or whatever.

kangz are good with crown languages

lmao this the kinda guy who talkin politics all evening @ the dinner party

Go back 100 years and you could make the same argument. Languages constantly change, especially with less education, like when most people couldn't read/write. Common spelling and pronunciation were in constant change, less so today. It's not an argument if it has occurred since the dawn of language and only slowed down at the advent of widespread education.

Standard German has been the same since 1500, since the day Luther printed his bible. Spelling changed, yes, but pronunciation and the words themselves stayed. English is just degenerate. Even English should have been the same now for 200 years so why are the youths of today kicking their language with their foot?

>er versucht, ein vernunftiges Gespräch mit einem Anglo zu führen
Englisch ist jahrelang eine degenerierte Sprache gewesen

Und sie ist es noch. Ich verstehe nicht, wieso sie es nicht einsehen können. Jedes Mal, wenn ich das grausige "Deutsch" der Jugend höre, welches eindeutig von Türken beeinflusst wurde, wird mir schlecht.

Jullie moeten een echte taal spreken. Nederlands.

Ne, ik snack lever plattdüütsch as nederläänsch.

Sauce?

Le Néerlandais est une langue mémétique. Il te faut apprendre la meilleure des langues, l'ami batave.

Jeg foretrekker norsk

> Skrev han på dansk

>une langue mémétique

ich habe kein problem ein bissen deutsch tippen aber ich spreche kein deutsch. ich tippe sehr gut weil mein schwanz keinen tip hat

It really hasn't, even if a supposed unchanged standard has existed, reality doesn't just instantly adhere. You're retarded and don't seem to accept that societies and languages naturally develop.

Kva målform eg brukar er ikkje så viktig, og forresten, så er ikkje bokmål dansk på nokon som helst måte. Ver venleg og slutta med detta dårlege megmeget.

>develop.
*decline
And I can read Luther without problems, it's still the same.

>guy types out a well-written, articulate and thought provoking wall of text
>"sorry for my bad english"

I can never understand Indians when they're trying to speak English.
Why are their dictation skills so abysmal?

Do T*rkroaches have a language?

Arabic I think

bülük gümbük dülük dümbük ürük lük mümbülük

My spoken English is really shit which is to be expected from a French but what astonished me when I visited England and USA (California and Oregon) was how bad were immigrants' English skills. It made me wonder why people who've been living there for a decade or more can suck so much at basic conversational English.

>Mfw the English people I come in contact with online are by far the worst English speakers.

If you think that's bad you should meet a Chinese convenience store owner here

which immigrants? there is a big difference between white collar immigrants and waiters at a china buffet.

All the Chinese are bad at languages, the ones here only know how to say the prices of the things that they sell

I went to british council webpage to take a english level mocktest.

tfw this question