Childhood is idolizing Angel Of Death

Childhood is idolizing Angel Of Death

Adulthood is realizing Postmortem makes more sense.

>thrash
>ever

>metal
HOLY FUCK
TIPS FEDORA
FUCKING NU-MALES... MENCHILDREN... OUT OF MY BOARD...
I BET YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO... PATHETIC... TFW NO GF

more like trash metal lmao

>They don't like this album

kek just when I thought this board couldn't get any more pathetic.

Tis a good album. I might like Show No Mercy a lil better

if you don't like reign in blood you don't like metal, full stop. you'll never be anything more than a dabbler.

>not necrophobic

Childhood os when you idolize Reign in Blood

Adulthood is when you realize Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy make more sense.

This is the first slayer thread I've seen here in a long ass time and I like it. Truly one of the greats. What are your guys' fav albums? I know it's typical but for me nothing can beat Reign in Blood

this. reign in blood is really mediocre compared to their first two and haunting the chapel

Slayer > Metallica >>>>>>>>>>>> Anthrax >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth

i like them all in this order.

Megadeth
Metallica
Slayer
Anthrax

I just love Megadeth, so so much.

South of Heaven > Hell Awaits
Hell Awaits > Reign in Blood
Reign in Blood > Haunting the Chapel
Haunting the Chapel > Seasons in the Abyss
Seasons in the Abyss > Show No Mercy
Now you can all be smart asses
Also Show No Mercy is an overall better album than Seasons in the Abyss, but the best songs on Seasons in the Abyss are still on par with South of Heaven.

Nah, Slayer's shit tier metal only good for entry level plebs who can't handle the real stuff.

Show No Mercy/Haunting The Chapel - shitty attempts at NWOBHM inspired speed metal

Hell Awaits - shitty attempts at being "atmospheric" which leads to slower metal that has no groove thus is irredeemable

Reign In Blood - We want to be hardcore punk but we don't have the balls to be hardcore punk. Before someone says "muh death metal influence," death metal in general has far more intricate riffs than this, the sheer simplicity yet lack of visceral intensity that should come with such simplicity makes this truly shit in every way.

South Of Heaven is the least ballsiest of Slayer's decent music. Slow everything down, still lack a groove, but most importantly just lower the intensity with production/softer vocals and guitars. Trash.

Seasons in the Abyss is taking all these shitty aspects of the above records and putting it together.

I don't even think I need to go into their records after their first five. Like shit, if their first five are this overrated and awful, just think about how much worse the rest of their discography is.

hipster

t. poseur

Childhood is idolizing Angel of Death, Postmortem and Raining Blood

Adulthood is realizing literally all the other tracks are far better

this album is a master piece
Thrash is the way
Thrash for ever

necrophobic best track

>entry level plebs only able to resort to name calling

>implying thrash didn't go obsolete thanks to more extreme forms of metal since and further developments in the hardcore punk world

>entry level means it's bad

How are those teenage years treating you?

I called the FANS/LISTENERS entry level plebs not the music itself. Jeez how dumb can you guys be?

Yeah, but I think that's the real reason you don't like it. You're just another contrarian trying to avoid being seen as entry level. So you pretend you have opinions, but really you're just vain.

>cannot even into slayer
>calls anyone an entry-level pleb
holy shit stop embarrassing yourself gam

Nah, I gave my reasons earlier. You can read them up there.

>implying Slayer doesn't get obsolete like 95% of thrash does once a person gets into more extreme metal
The newness of you guys into the metal world is showing itself as usual.

>So you pretend you have opinions

@69838335
your b8ing skills are not sufficient enough to make me drop more (You)'s senpai

>"yeah i'm pretty much an extreme metal guy myself. deafheaven, behemoth, gorguts, deathspell omega, the list could go on..."

>writing nonsense greentexting
Slayer fans can't even greentext correctly.

>clearly laid out why Slayer isn't great
>b-but it's gotta be b8!
Some next level narrow mindedness here.

Behemoth and Deafheaven are overrated trash just like Slayer, what are you on about?

from what i see, you just can't get into thrash.
you will probably deny this, but it's just the truth, and hopefully one day you'll be able to grow into it.

Lmao Slayer fans stupid as usual. I said 95% of it is obsolete, not 100%! Stop being such a baby and give some real thrash bands like Dark Angel, Demolition Hammer, Heathen and Coroner a listen.

I thought you discredited entry-level bands, those all fit in that category.

Nah, like I already said, I only discredit crappy overrated bands.

>Dumb Slayer fan's agenda btfo

Then why do you like Coroner and Dark Angel?

Because they are fantastic bands that bring something still unique to the metal genre?

lmao ok kid
I thought i was discussing with someone who knew at least a little bit about metal

Should be that much more pathetic that someone who "doesn't know about metal" like me was easily able to figure out how overrated and obsolete Slayer is yet a "veteran" like you is still sipping that baby tier watered down milk.

just lmao

>"muh death metal influence"
death metal wasn't even a thing before Death
just sayin'

this
their earliest efforts were way better

Sodom is better than all the big 4, and not in some kind of patrician difficult to appreciate way. Just in regular powerful songs with incredible riffs

>tfw never even heard of Possessed

What is

Possessed - Seven Churches
Morbid Angel - Abominations Of Desolation

God entry level fans are insufferable

Just finished Reign In Blood yesterday, probably gonna start Hell Awaits soon.

I always liked Altar of Sacrifice the most. I think I like Epidemic and Reborn now.

Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood invented a bunch of archetypal death metal riffs you fucking dumb nerd

good taste