So im getting a pc build, how solid is my build

So im getting a pc build, how solid is my build
i have no intention on overclocking or adding or tinkering with the hardware for quite a while

CPU:Intel Core I7-6700K(4.00GHZ up to 4.20GHZ)
Cooler:Arctic Freezer intel cooler
RAM:2X8 DIMM Corsair 2400mhz DDR4
SSD:120GB 2.5'' Kingston
HDD:1TB 7200RPM Western Digital Caviar
MB:ASUS H170M-Plus
Case:Itek Patriot B2(for those who cant bother searching its very flashy looking with 3x12cm fans,fan controls,1xUSB 3.0,2XUSB 2.0)
PSU:Thermaltake TR2 S (80 PLUS) 600W
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB DDR5
DVD DRIVE:LG GH24NS SATA Black

pic related its the case

Need more neons.

i am planning to disconnect all the shit of the case and leave maybe 1 fan on or something

Solid build

get an i5 6500 same performance in gaming as i7 and doesnt allow for overclocking

spend the saved money on gtx 1080

gg

Seems pretty good just double to make sure all your parts are compatible sometimes people get the wrong ram or GPU but other than that looks good and the GPU looks pretty sexy

thats basically what i was planning

*double check

the shop i build it in(since im too lazy to spend the afternoon building) tested it

you skimped out on the most important part, a decent gpu

600 watt couldnt handle a 1080

i think the 390 is quite sufficient, for the same money i had the choise of a gtx 270 which didnt really look good to me

I would increase the SSD size

solid, but I would get a bigger SSD. 120 will fill up too fast. I've been there.

im planning to use it as a boot drive and just storage on the ssd

i mean storage on the hdd

I run a similar build with also a 390. is´perfectly fine.

the 390 isnt horrible pretty mid ranged

get more watts then retard

that wasnt op, im op, the 1080 just wasnt in my price range

you are also planning on gaming, else you wouldnt get a Radeon 390.

It really is worth a couple more bucks to get a 250GB SSD. Loading times on e.g. XCOM2 decreased to almost nothign for me.

wrong photo this is the one i meant to send

Save money on cpu and get a better gpu
Switch the artic cooler for a Cooler Master 212 hyper evo (it's the king for a reason and artic coolers have always sorta sucked)
And increase the ssd size and if you can drop a little more money in eliminate the hdd all together, they're slow and in today's world of gaming really only good for use as a cheap external drive

i have an i5 6500, runs great in games, got it watercooled to for the giggles

i would swap out that gpu for a gtx 970 or if you got the money the 1070, just because im an nvidia fan boi and they tend to run a little cooler, quiter and doesnt use AS much power :)
otherwise, great build user, you must be stoked

to be honest as a person who has been on a shitty laptop with 2.40ghz since 2011 i dont really care about the loading times the ssd is there for booting and maybe 1 or 2 games on it that tend to load slow af

the ssd is way too small
go for 1tb sshd

i am i have had a shitty laptop since 2011 and i havent played anything on more than 25 fps since far cry 3

btw op, i have got a 120gb ssd, it is more than enough, i even have most of my games on my hdd anyways as they dont really require fast loading speeds
i only have need for speed, tomb raider and some other singleplayer games on there because they tend to load slower

thats a bit out of my league

1080 has a TDP of 1080 watts. Don't see why a 600 watt power supply isn't enough.

just google sshd its way cheaper than 120gb ssd + an hdd

OP, dont listen to shit trolls and stuff, trust me, your pc is fine would run any game with a breeze

kek'd

it can.... rookie, but i would still pick a bigger

I would change that 390 to an RX480. Same performace better price

Those tend to have like 32gigs of SSD. Definitely not worth it, don't even get why they still make those things.

Better to get a 960GB SSD, doesn't even cost that much more.

if hes that desperate to even consider buying an amd card hes obviously poor af

Build is OK, yet I'd go for the i5-6500 with a Noctua cooler, bigger SSD, slightly bigger power supply, swap the AMD card for a Nvidia one and drop the DVD drive altogether.

>jumping on the amd hate bandwagon
atleast amd doesnt lie about their 4gb's

technically 970 have 4gb

"technically" hitler did nothing wrong

We all know it's 3.5gigs tho

sure, just stfu at the conferences Frank

thats a dick move from nvidia, false advertising

I recommend a bit bigger SSD if you plan on gaming. I got a 120GB at first and I regret it. Especially since now you don't pay that much more for a 250GB or even a 500GB model. You can at most store one game in a 120GB nowadays, since they are monstrous in size (DOOM for example is more than 60GB, no expansions)

bigger ssd, i7 k is too much, i5 is more than enough for gaming, you can use the best i3 with a better gpu and your games will work better

really i7 is just stupid for gaming, games aren't even optimized for so many cores so you won't get any benefit, most games are gpu heavy and can work on old q6600

loading times arent really that much of a problem im planning to boot up from the ssd and use the hdd for usual tasks

this is what i do op, it works like a charm, i have a few games on it though