Hey Sup Forums, Today my neighborhood's striker died of leukemia, feels fucking bad man...

Hey Sup Forums, Today my neighborhood's striker died of leukemia, feels fucking bad man. The doctors told him like 2 weeks ago that he had a regular flu, he felt worse and went again to the hospital yesterday, where they diagnosed him with leukemia and he died just today.

Anyways, post players who died while still playing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Fortunato
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramiro_Castillo
youtube.com/watch?v=9fCIi0ROMsE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serginho_(footballer,_born_1974)
youtube.com/watch?v=KucKOU31YTs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piermario_Morosini
youtube.com/watch?v=YzZqPed3bHw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_footballers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

feels bad, man :(

Damn bro..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Fortunato

>He was the future of Italian football before he became the poster child for tragedy. Just as he seemed to be scaling new heights with his talent, it began to appear as though he took his foot off the pedal by almost displaying an indifferent attitude to important matches. He slowed down, began making mistakes and attracted the wrath of the Juve fans who felt his new found fame had gone to his head. So furious were they with his performances that one ultrà even took it upon himself to slap the defender to remind him of what a great privilege it was to play for the grand Old Lady. Unfortunately fame was not the reason behind the poor performances and the player was soon diagnosed with a rare form of leukaemia.

feels thread?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramiro_Castillo

> Castillo represented his country in 13 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and he played at the Copa América 1997.
> Bolivia reached the final for second time in their history
> Castillo missed the final game due to the sudden death of his 7-year old son José Manuel to fulminating hepatitis.
> Bolivia end up losing 3-1
> Castillo never recovered from his son's death and committed suicide by hanging himself in his home in La Paz in October 1997.He was only 31 years old and was survived by his wife María del Carmen Crespo and their children

>dying

still hurts ;__;

fucking arrogant Juve fans ;_;

;_______________________________________;

Was literally on the verge of becoming a GOAT as well

>On 25 November 2014, Hughes was hit in the neck by a bouncer, during a Sheffield Shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground, causing a vertebral artery dissection that led to a subarachnoid haemorrhage. The Australian team doctor, Peter Brukner, noted that only 100 such cases had ever been reported, with "only one case reported as a result of a cricket ball".[7] Hughes was taken to St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney, where he underwent surgery, was placed into an induced coma and was in intensive care in a critical condition.[8] He died on 27 November, having never regained consciousness, three days before his 26th birthday.[9]

;_;

On 19 November 2009, a few days after Robert Enke had committed suicide, he announced that he suffered from depression and had attempted suicide in October.

After he returned to the St. Pauli squad, Biermann claimed that his teammates bailed on him. Furthermore, no other club wanted to sign him after his St. Pauli contract expired.
In his published book "Rote Karte Depression" (red card depression) he criticized this behaviour:

„Die Befürchtungen, die ich hatte, bevor ich meine Krankheit öffentlich gemacht habe, haben sich bestätigt. Ich würde keinem depressiven Profi empfehlen, seine Krankheit öffentlich zu machen.“

(The concerns I had before making my disease public came true. I wouldn't recommend any depressive professional footballer to make his/her disease public.)

Andreas Biermann didn't survive his 4th suicide attempt on 18th July 2014. He was survived by his wife and two kids.

:'(

Junior Malanda, had talent in spades.

> ''Maybe I will never be a professional''
> ''but even if I am going to be an amateur forever, I will give my life for every chance I have''
> ''When my legs says ENOUGH''
> ''My heart says GO''
> ''Unlike a pro, I can't afford new shoes when I broke them''
> ''I spent whole nights fixing them, just with needles and glue''
> ''And I do it just because I want to play, because that's what I love"
> ''Football is my life''
> ''Not just a hobby''
> ''It made me forget everything else''
> ''And I would give my life for it''
> ''The day I don't play anymore, it's gonna be the day I'm dead.''

> Emanuel Ortega wrote this in his facebook one year before he hit his head against a wall in a fourth division match.
> He dies at 20 after 11 days in coma

a seatbelt would have saved his life

;_;

shit i had forgotten about this

youtube.com/watch?v=9fCIi0ROMsE

this was so bad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serginho_(footballer,_born_1974)

The rest of the world might not have heard about Serginho. He suffered a heart attack in the middle of a first division match, while playing for his club, São Caetano. The match was being broadcasted live on the biggest TV channel in Brazil, so everybody saw it happening live. At the time, São Caetano were one of the most succesfull clubs in Brazilian football, they had reached the Copa Libertadores final just two years before. The downfall of his death was so imense that now São Caetano is playing on the fourth division, the lowest tier in Brazilian football, after nearly avoiding bankruptcy over the last few years.

This always gets me
youtube.com/watch?v=KucKOU31YTs

>On 14 April 2012, while representing Livorno, Morosini suffered cardiac arrest and fell to the ground in the 31st minute of the Serie B match away to Pescara. He stumbled on the ground, trying to get up, before losing consciousness and receiving medical attention on the field. A defibrillator was used on Morosini, who was conscious when he was taken on the stretcher. After Morosini was taken to the hospital, the match was abandoned with Livorno leading 2–0, and some players reportedly "left the field in tears"

>Morosini was rushed to the Santo Spirito hospital, but reports later indicated he died before reaching the hospital. Italian media reports were alerted of Morosini's death after an "explosion of shouts and tears" by his teammates who had gone to the hospital. Morosini's sister, who is disabled, was left with no family. However, Udinese player Antonio Di Natale confirmed that he would financially support and look after her.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piermario_Morosini

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=YzZqPed3bHw

Such is life in Germany.
You malfunction, you get dropped.

>From across the country there were reports of players collapsing in team hotels and meeting rooms as news reached them. Morosini's life was one already marked by tragedy – his mother having passed away when he was 15, and his father at 17, while his brother, who was severely disabled, had taken his own life in the intervening year. His one remaining sister is also physically handicapped and is reported to require constant care.

>And yet the accounts of Morosini told by his many friends in football are all of a man who was one of the warmest and most cheerful they had ever come across. The Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo described him as a "model professional" while Marco Andreolli, a Chievo player who knew him from the Italian youth team, said: "He taught us how to smile every single day in life, even when the latter seemed to have turned its back on him."

>Morosini had acknowledged the difficulty of his circumstances in an interview with Guerin Sportivo back in 2005. "I have often asked myself why all this happened to me, but I never get an answer and that just makes it hurt more," he said. "But life goes on. These are things that mark you and change you. But at the same time they give you the drive to do everything you can, and in my case to realise dreams that belonged to my parents as well as me. I want to become a great footballer for them more than anything, because I know how happy they would be."

>Recent messages posted on his Twitter account tell of a happy young man who seemingly found joy in everything – be it an energetic dog, a Tuscan sunset, or an old man singing in a supermarket. In one tweet from just last week he is pictured grinning broadly with his arm around his girlfriend Anna Vavassori, a volleyball player from Bergamo, with whom he had been making plans to buy a house.

>"I have often asked myself why all this happened to me, but I never get an answer and that just makes it hurt more," he said.

damn ;_;

>the Argentine medical system

that's a very sad video

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_footballers

What are you? A proxyfag?

Fucking hell it's too early for me to be feeling glum and sad

I forgot who the player's name was but can someone post the background story of this African player who had a shitty awful childhood but was talented but his agent was a greedy jew that forced him to make odd moves to different clubs so that he can make money and eventually forced his career to end early while that agent left with most of the money and so the African player mostly got over it and married but it turns out that his wife was a filthy slut and cheated on him when she became pregnant meaning his children werent his.

i bet his soul died that day

bump