Hey Sup Forums i have a question:

Hey Sup Forums i have a question:

Where EXACTLY in the bible does it say suicide is a sin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0RENPaY043o
bump-forit.ru/
bibleodyssey.org/en/people/related-articles/suicide-in-the-bible.aspx
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t5dvcdgvh5u7ny0/girlzchan.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's technically unforgivable since its murder and you can't ask for forgiveness (cuz ur ded)

yea but that's just human inference. i want to know the exact scripture etc where is says killing thine self is a sin

bump

It's not a sin you're not killing anybody do it already

It's a sin when theirs responsibilities left behind. Like, if your suicide effects a lot of things like leaving children behind or if you know it would depress a loved one to the point of death.

i want to, that's why im looking for where is says its a sin but cant any exact reference to the act

all sins are forgiven the only sin god doesn't forgive it not believing him in, lol

...Lutherans believe that suicide = no sin.
Join the Germans, my friend. Roman Catholics are
corrupt anyways.

You don't have to ask for forgiveness for shit though. Just accept Jesus while you're alive, and all your sins don't matter. Only the Jews have to follow the laws of the Bible the fucking kikes.

Really?? well looks like im switching religions then

revise that, jews have to follow the laws of the torah, which is half of the bible

>Suggesting that some bullshit book has any real effect on the afterlife

kekekekekek

Cant believe that the only thing about suicide being a sin is humans inferring it to self murder

That's like saying masturbation is self rape, make no damn sense

no christfags here?
im interested as well op

bumpin for interest

bible says thou shalt not kill, not thou shalt not murder. suicide is killing.

Can't believe your debating weather to end your life over what some fag made up a thousand years ago.

As long as you believe in god all sins will be forgiven/thread

yea i thought they would be posting in the numbers, guess they over in they atheist thread

Ah well will bump with tits while i can

um

fuck you ive heard all my life that suicide was an unforgivable sin from religious fucks.
show me where it says this exactly in the bible or kindly shut the fuck up.
maybe so. or maybe more than half of the ones who claim to bible dont actually bible and they dont know.
also im sure im alone in this but those tits are scary.

im not debating actually, just the thought occurred to me that ive never read one scripture or heard one passage where it says specifically that suicide is a sin that will get u sent straight to hell

It doesn't say that anywhere in the Bible. It was later adopted by the church and passed along because they didn't want believers committing suicide to get to Heaven sooner.

If the bible does not state it EXPLICITLY, it is fine.

Well then, what about self-defense situations in which you're forced to kill someone in order to survive/prevent a loved one from getting killed?

If the commandment is that strict, then it's flawed.

If you find that all you can do is fuck shit up worse, regardless of what you do or try to do, suicide should be an acceptable option.

this. i believe this, its sounds so logical af

matthew 12 31

youtube.com/watch?v=0RENPaY043o

>>New Teen ImgBoard

bump-forit.ru/

the bible has contradictions? wow, obviously

>matthew 12 31

this?

same thing i keep getting too.
"blasphemy against the spirit"
does that mean the holy spirit? as in god?
even if it means your own spirit "blasphemy" by copy paste definition is - the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.
not murder.

>holy spirit? as in god?

right. but it is.
or jesus.
either way suicide is not a sin and you're clear for takeoff OP

nigger have you been to a church? God is the holy spirit

Murder is a sin.
Killing yourself is still murder.
You cant repent after you are dead.

If you are looking for a scripture i do not believe there is one, but there is many that lead to it.

It would take forever to list them all but tl:dr it is a sin

there are alot of confused preachers out there user.
ive heard jesus referred to as the holy spirit before too.
not often.
but i didnt think hard enough on it to be certain because personally i never fucking cared.

It says no where you need to repent to be forgiven

All of our idea's conflict due to our denominations. I'm Presbyterian so you sound like a heathen to me

I would presume that "Thou shalt not kill" is not actually just a short form "Thou shalt not kill anyone who is not yourself".

The bible states you are not your own, if you kill yourself it is considered a very strong sin since you are both stealing from christ, and since he died for your sins it is considered the ultimate selfish act to kill yourself. There is alot of very complicated stuff that would take forever to explain. If you still want to hear though ask

jesus was a bro like that

im asking.
explain

6th of the 10 commandments, "Thou shall not kill."

bible also says you can rape someone as long as you marry them.
its also where the word sodomy comes from. read sodom and gamorrah.
i love the bible

Old testament has plenty of stories of people killing themselves and it's never implied they are doing any wrong.

Well, IMO Christ killed himself. So..

Nowhere. This is pope of rome shit. Suicide is not prohibited by the tora or bible.

The koran does say:

>And do not kill yourselves, surely God is most Merciful to you.
>sura 4, ayat 29

that was death by cop though

He walked straight into that trap knowing exactly what would happen

so.. suicide by cop?

>death by cop
lrn2read nigger

It doesn't address it for it a reason the people who wrote it know weak idiots like yourself would kill themselves if they knew you still went to heaven. All sins are forgiven but if you're a suicidal person then you don't have faith in god and therefore won't be forgiven.

Op where'd you find these pics

1.Accept Jesus while you're still alive and you're free to kill yourself.
2.There was a scripture stating that if you suffer from metal illness or some sort of suffering and suicide you're gonna get STRAIGHT to Haven.

>this faggot
>the people who wrote it
i can see you have no idea how the bible was compiled. you should literally be crucified by isis

>says "Therefore"
>must be facts
this guys knows his shit

op is a faggot for believing in religion

there is actually a lot of debate on whether or not the mentally ill will go to heaven

this of course is all nonsense. when you die you go into the ground or an incinerator. most people are weak and afraid and they need to believe in something. but this is it folks, so make the best of it.

Do some research you idiots
bibleodyssey.org/en/people/related-articles/suicide-in-the-bible.aspx

you're a faggot for assuming op believes in religion. it's a compelling subject and Sup Forums is full of religious tards so it makes for good bait.

I suppose his friends betrayed him and told the cops where he was hiding out. But people still often regard it as sacrifice.

To you Op, I don't really think it's sin but depends on the context.

Pic related

i love how religious fanatics can turn any vague and cryptic verse from the bible into anything they want it to mean
>cool religion, bro

better than tinder! plenty of slutty girls of your city on dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t5dvcdgvh5u7ny0/girlzchan.html

Are you even trying autist? The old tesament is a compilation that literally took a thousand years to complete....