Post Hardcore Recommendations

inb4 Punk fans scream at me

I've been listening to a lot of The Fall of Troy,Circa Survive, Blood Brothers and KEN mode recently, any recommendations of things related to these or anything else that's doesn't sound like "faggy garbage" ?

Also good Post Punk and Post Hardcore bands thread or whatever
Post Rock is fine too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I-8a1xTX150
youtube.com/watch?v=n-4SVb8ZoIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Fugazi
These guys influenced pretty much every hardcore band in the late 90's
>Brand New
Their earlier stuff is more pop-punk (still bangin' though), but their last album, "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me", has clear hardcore influences.
>At The Drive-In
Just shut the fuck up and listen to pic related if you haven't already

I'm more of an emo fan than post-hardcore but there's a lot of overlap between the genres.

Unwound

Hum - Downward is Heavenward

>KEN mode
try kowloon walled city

also, thrice is a very good post-hardcore band

check out The Thirty Years War and Tribune, both pre-TFOT bands of the guys from TFOT
also Just Like Vinyl's self titled was alright, Black Mass was pretty bad though so steer away from that one

I'm a big fan of Lisabö's "Animalia Lotsatuen Putzua". Basically, take post-hardcore dissonance and song structure, make it noisier ala Swans, and you get this Lisabö album.

youtube.com/watch?v=I-8a1xTX150

I can upload the album to you if you dig it. I find it unjust how unknown this band is even in the Spanish scene.

Thanks for the recs
Also of course I've heard of ATDI but thanks either way

I've listened to them
I wish Thirty Years War made more songs tho
Mirrors... is a favorite of mine

This needs to be your first listen. Unwound is the shit.

must listen

underrated classics

This is one of my all time favorites, check out Somewhere at the bottom of the River and Vancouver too

Underrated belta

Posting Hail the Sun

Absolute /my teenage years/cores

How do people feel about Pierce the Veil? I know that they are aimed towards teenage girls but I find lots of their stuff really catchy

Check out Weatherbox

>aimed towards teenage girls
>I find lots of their stuff really catchy

there's a correlation here

oh that's a non-issue, i feel like a teenage girl a lot of the time anyways
Collide With the Sky is their only album i like though

Interesting, I enjoy all their stuff but I probably rate this as their best

>Post Hardcore
>Circa Survive
Jesus Christ I hate this board.

I think there needs to be a clearer destinction between early post hardcore (like Fugazi, Unwound, Drive Like Jehu, NoMeansNo - all great bands) and most 00's stuff. I even LIKE some of it (I'm a big Brand New fan), but it's got nothing to do with the aforementioned bands.
It's much more pop and often much more prog than punk.

I love all of their work. Their first album is the best in terms of experimentation but they've been consistently good. Their music also taught me a lot when I was learning guitar and started writing music.

Also check out this album, it was the band Vic and Mike were in before PtV

listen to this rite now

Their lyrics are kinda surface level in means of their expression and detail and their instrumentals have a bit more pop punk aesthetics instead of the "six quadrillion notes flying every fucking minute" thing Post Hardcore usually has imo
But as entry level PH I think they're not half bad, can't say the first album and Caraphinilia (however the fucc you spell it) is not bad but recently they've been doing a lot more modern metalcore, 0-0-0-0 type stuff

This is fuckin' ace

They're like a chord book version of Dance Gavin Dance with subpar 2009 emo live song lyrics

They also have

that

fanbase

Listening to this for the first time, what am I in store for?

I MUST HAVE READ A THOUSAND FAAAAAAACES

>TDAGARIM
>their last album
wut

some of the worst mixing ever

Fucking love these guys.
If you like La Dispute, Touche Amore and post-rock, check out Pianos Become The Teeth, The Elijah, Being As an Ocean and Suffocate For Fuck's Sake.

also Hotel Books do the same sort of dramatic narration all over their music

I unironically love Pierce The Veil. They're a genuinely creative and original band as far as post-hardcore goes, it's just because of their image people trash talk them. Give it another decade and you'll have p4k and other spergs praising them as "underrated geniuses" once Vic's too old to play Warped Tour every other year.

My nigga

Anything Anthony Green is involved in turns to fucking gold

I love how this board is finally having post-hardcore threads that don't just amount to "DAE AT THE DRIVE-IN/FUGAZI LOL XD"

This one's always been a favourite of mine, along with pretty much everything else they've done.

Don't care what anyone says, this albums is GOAT

Stations that are non operational and scissors that dont work well but songs that do

LOTS
OF
PAUSES
BETWEEN
RAN
DOM
SYLLA
BLES

more of a rock thing going on and some pretty geud lyrics despite their kind of overrated status

This is also worth of note, underrated as fuck 2016 release.

thissssss
but not this

i did. wasn't my thing. is it a grower?

it is

I fucking love this but its more emo though

Upload it!!!!!!

>Ling Tosite Sigure
Their sound is similar to The Fall of Troy

youtube.com/watch?v=n-4SVb8ZoIU

Pure gold, man

Definitely one of their better albums

Black Eyes s/t