How can hollywood even compete?

How can hollywood even compete?

Ok young child.

Did anybody else think that The Last of Us was exactly what Alejandro Innaritu would produce if he were put in charge of a video game?

Indiana Jones was a somewhat successful franchise OP.

Yes, but only now that you mention it.

Uncharted had pretty good writing - what the new Indiana Jones should have been, with all it's charm and a sense of adventure but in modern settings (instead aliens and LaBeef)

The Last of Us was tired rehashed shit of "muh ebil gubermint" and "muh qt adopted loli"

>Video games
Get out, Sup Forums.

Joel is a great character.

TV/movies or video games, Sup Forums?

Video games here. TV and movies just can't compare with video games as a medium.

It can't
>GTA 5 made a billion dollars in three days

if the last of us was a movie it would get maybe mediocre reviews, because it would be just another fucking zombie movie

and uncharted would just be another generic adventure movie, the like which inspired the games themselves

this is why video games aren't taken seriously, their stand out titles as far as narrative is concerned, are generic schlock elsewhere that has been done to death already

Mass Effect 2 was pretty sweet tho

Uncharted would get rave reviews because the characters literally only communicate in marvel style quips.

>their stand out titles
nobody with half a brain considers The Last of Us or Uncharted to be 'stand out.' Only the critics/reviewers (most of whom don't actually like or know about video games and only got the jobs because they were too shit to write about movies) and hardcore Sony fans (they're legit like a cult) think that.

Stand out titles of the last generation of games narrative-wise were probably Nier, Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption and Hotline Miami 1 & 2.

First game shits on the other two in every way.

>Red Dead Redemption

Get the fuck out with that bullshit. I am playing this game right now, and it has one of the worst writings I've seen in a video game. You can see every goddamn "twist" a mile away, and the main character is a goddamn idiot who constantly gets hoodwinked into doing other people's shit. All the dialogue and characters are shit. I fucking DARE you to name me one good aspect of story telling in that entire game.

I like the gameplay, but holy shit is the story garbage.

I agree that the filler stuff is mostly just a bunch of generic video game padding bullshit 'sure I can help you, but first you have to go through this list of errands,' 'that's bullshit but okay,' junk but it all comes together nicely at the end once the story starts to gain some focus. The last section of the game in the final territory is great.

And the gameplay is amazing. Is the online dead now? I had so much fun with that a few years ago.

That's what you get for playing western trash.

Don't know - never play online, it's full of underage b& and I hate their ilk.

Princess Maker 2 has the best storyline in all vidya tbch senpai desu

>He hasn't played Killer7

There's a reason we have a huge thread talking about great this game is ten years later.

>Is the online dead now?
no. its red dead