Best, worst, or just ok?

Best, worst, or just ok?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mMH30usXi30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gay

The greatest psychotic performance ever

he was good

OK, Leto tried for 2 hours not to be Nicholson or Ledger

he impressed the teenagers watching.

I had tickets to go see the band
Johnny and the foreskin pull backs

Can't fucking believe i went and seen this movie instead

Gay.

Everytime he laughed it reminded me of Squidward

I've never believed in companies shilling on Sup Forums, but recently it sure seems like it's true.

Over Heath Ledger? Kek.

He was ok.

You mean 5 minutes.

>Johnny and the foreskin pull backs
TOP KEK

god that was cringworthy as fuck. he does that like 2 or 3 more times also. Terrible performance

He was okay. It's hard to live up to what Heath did. The movie was terrible though. The best part was Margot Robbie's ass and Will Smith is the only thing that held the movie together

It ruined the core aspect of Jokers and Harley's relationship that made it interesting.

The Joker expressed his love for Harley way too much in this movie. It was better when he barely gave a rats ass about her, but for some reason she kept going back to him.

Better than everyone except Ledger.

The best is yet to come

Kek, underrated as fuck

you fucking underage plebian

What i STILL don't get.. is why the fucking beta-hipster gitup on joker.. tats, gay-bling n shit.. Nope, just nope

Worst, the best is joker was heath ledger

>1 minute old post
>underrated

It has been proven that everyone shills on the web. Video game companies and other entertainment companies have been known to do it on Sup Forums to control public opinion on upcoming titles.

Whatever you say bro

He looks like he is white trash and dying of aids...
This is not the joker this is just an edgelord

k

yo wtf is shilling?

Heath Ledger is absolutely unreacheable.

He had no screentime so we will never know. Personally I think he could have been a good joker

Lol, Batman made a better Psycho than the Joker.

cringeworthy faggot

>judges you Asianly

this. really so much this.

all the hype surrounding this movie god. crash and fart and burn.

but i can see why they delayed opening it, it was such shit they had to send it back to production over and over to try and get something decent, this is prols the best they could come up with.

much disappoint. leto is a shitty frontman his band sucks and he's self-absorbed cunt cuz he can play a tranny aids vic.

Haven't seen the film but based off appearance he looks like shit.

holy shit im so glad i didnt see this

he laughs backwards like skeletons do

Shitty joker with god-awful tattoos

>Johnny and the foreskin pull backs
youtube.com/watch?v=mMH30usXi30

i think that was a note from the consortium of writers and actors to acknowledge the feminist dominant trend in movies. make harley the boss in the affection game as opposed to the opining child seeking his graces.

Best cringy
Joker of all time!

good one

good one

worst movie I've seen in my entire life bar none. At this point everybody who defends this movie as "well made" I automatically assume has a

Heath Ledger was a terrible joker. He wasn't even a joker. He was just a deranged psycho, which is only part of the joker.

Heath Ledger's joker barely joked, barely cracked himself up, despite always saying "why so serious" I was wondering why he was so serious. He should have been cracking himself up with his deranged antics instead of being an unfeeling sociopath.

Good actor, good performance, wrong role. Maybe it was just the silver teeth and the slicked back hair.

Jack Nicholson best joker. His persona IS the joker. oh and /thread

Holy shit, really? I didn't think it was amazing, or even good really, but worse movie ever? Are you really that much of a faggot?

Jared Leto played the joker well, the tattoos and silver teeth were a bit gay. Also having less than 15 min of screen time made the joker almost more of an easteregg than an actual part of the movie. Overall I rate 7.5 out of 10.

Youre not wrong, but it was still a good performance regardless. The joker was invented in a time where an actual psychopath character would never have made it into a comic book. I dont think Ledger was a bad modernization of the character.

worst

It was pretty fucking good, I won't mind seeing him more, maybe in the solo batman film.

especially if you take into account that the dark night series was meant to be a darker take on the batman universe

>Margot's ass

guys its DC /thread

protip: if it aint about the bat or the kryptonian, its shit

pro-protip: i can continue writing after ending the thread its called post-gazizzle.

I see wut you did thar

haha bait nope

It fit the mood of the movie better which was a more realistic batman. Assuming that is possible.

The whole crazy laugh thing is more of a cartoony joker which I think worked a lot better when animated than live action.

>joker. He was just a deranged psycho, which is only part of the joker.
>Heath Ledger's joker barely joked, barely cracked himself up, despite always sayi
he only got the oscar cos he died

Learn how /thread works

His laugh was more along the lines of the home alone shooter. You filthy animal

you can't /thread your own post you fucking spanner.

From the very first image we got of him I knew we were in for something awful.

Those tattoos were cringeworthy af. The ones on his torso and arms wouldn't have been as much of an issue normally, but then he's got stuff on his head and hands. And of course he shows off those tattoos by not wearing a shirt most of the time. God dammit.

I guess my main problem with this (and the general 'blingy-ness' of this Joker, from his expensive accessories and metal teeth to his pimped out ride) is that he comes across as someone that really cares about his image, and that image is of someone who doesn't care about their image. He's like a try-hard wanna-be Joker instead of the actual Joker.

The real Joker doesn't care about his appearance or personal wealth. He has a costumed persona, sure, but that's his identity. He is the Joker and nobody else, so that's all he wears. Anything else is a fleeting indulgement. I could see him getting expensive shit after robbing a bank, but he would quickly get bored with stuff and trash it. He doesn't really accumulate wealth or use it to permanently 'upgrade' any aspect of his life because he doesn't really care about the money itself, and certainly not the status it brings. All he cares about is the thrill of doing illegal and psychotic things. Sometimes he needs funds to pull off these schemes, and that's probably the one aspect of his life which escalates because he doesn't want to do the same thing twice and gets more ambitious as time goes on (not to mention that he has to keep up with Batman).

There's just a lot which feels wrong with this version. Again, like it's a wanna-be Joker instead of the real thing.

>someone has a different opinion than mine, lol it must be bait xD epic

Multi Joker Theory
>Read it

Jokes on you Batman
HAHAHA
I'm a huge faggot

While this thread is up I just want to say that The Killing Joke had is the best portrayal of the Joker in a while

Shame the first half of the movie is garbage. I should've skipped up until the beginning of the actual killing Joke and not have missed any important stuff.

-"every egdy teenager ever"
Why even compare jokers? There are 3 different jokers not one single person

Hamill >>> Nicholson >>>>>>>Ledger >>>> Whoever that faggot is

I don't even know about his acting, but he looks retarded.

you must be new here frand. /your opinion

>ranking a voice character over live action

holy shit I want to /end you

I wasn't impressed. I thought he was just a gangster with a flair for the theatrics, similar to Nic Cage at the beginning of Face/Off. Anyway, not really The Joker. Just a gangster. I would've been more okay with Jared Leto's presence in the film if he had been Black Mask or another similar DC gangster villain.

Ok

You must be 18 or older to post on this board

tbh he is prettygood, interesting interpretation of the character but damn the editing is fucking shit.

looks like fucking macauley culkin donned the joker outfit.

Worst shit ever.

In the first half of the movie Batgirl had to deal with taking on a villian that went personally after her, in the end she let her emotions take over, like Batman warned her of, and as a result she quit. I was hoping that was to set up a conflict with Batman being pushed over the edge, and possibly almost killing the joker, but in the end the whole bit with Batgirl was just to try and make the audience feel something when she was shot. I really wish there was more of an internal conflict with Batman when he faced the Joker, but the second half of the movie was still really good in my opinion.

There isnt a joker "meta" you fucking faggot, there is 3 jokers

Was he a criminal mastermind, or just a random pimp?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

cringefest the movie

Given the overall dark tone of The Dark Knight and how grim every other character is, the Joker seems positively flamboyant in comparison. But he is less 'fun' than the cartoon or comic book Jokers.

Some of that comes down to realism. I kinda like the fact that most of his jokes weren't very good, since he's mainly a crazy psychopath and good at planning elaborate schemes, it makes sense he wouldn't necessarily be a great impromptu comedian on top of that. He just takes joy in the chaos he causes and doesn't care as much if anyone laughs along with him.

I would admit, though, that Heath Ledger's Joker spends a lot more time explaining his reasoning and rationalizing his actions than any other version of the Joker. I think most of his speech to Harvey Dent is just bullshit designed to manipulate him, but he may indeed think of himself as an "agent of chaos" or anarchy. Which could make him an anarchist by ideology rather than just by his actions.

Part of this comes down to the fact that The Dark Knight trilogy was kind of a deconstruction of the Batman series. Batman Begins deconstructed Batman's reasons for being Batman, and The Dark Knight goes deeper into that, and completes his arc from being Bruce Wayne/Batman to just Batman (TDKR kind of fucks that up, though). It also deconstructs the Joker, and so instead of just having a crazy villain do crazy things, he has actual reasons for his actions. Those reasons may be the same as the comic book or cartoon versions, but the Joker wouldn't normally bother to articulate them. In TDK, however, there is an effort to examine the whys and hows of most Batman elements including the Joker, so it's included (but technically in a way that would make sense for the Joker to do, which is why it works).

Well he failed miserably

>similar to Nic Cage at the beginning of Face/Off.

exactly this.

I'm sort of averaging between the cartoon, contemporary comic book and TDK Jokers. Those qualities are consistent between them, but not the Suicide Squad Joker.

Ehh

Black Mask is a Batman villain. He's a drug lord/mob boss. I like him. He's a bad motherfucker.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(comics)

cringe

Under the Red Hood was dark. That was a joker who was deranged and a joker. Beating Robin to death and asking him if he prefers fore hand or back hand and getting a humorous kick out of it.

The problem is that the Killing Joke is not a Batgirl story, it is the Joker's. They tried to make her the protagonist when in the actual comic she's just a plot device.

Good execution. Hate the look.

The whole first 30 minutes could have been cut honestly.

He doesn't always have to be cracking jokes, but he should have at least been deriving personal humor from the situations he was creating. He was just a sociopath, it was all like meh, I showed you how fucked your system and values are. Only a few scenes did Ledger's Joker actually laugh at a situation.

new telling of the oldest version of the joker, not exceptional but good enough that im okay with it

I understand that from a film making standpoint it makes sense to establish Batgirl as a character so what happens to her has more impact, but I feel like that would only benefit the casual movie goer. The film would've worked better as a short 45 minute film. Also, why was it rated R? If this is rated R, then Gods and Monsters definitely should have rated R.

name one redeeming quality

Didn't have enough time to flesh out his character but I like what they're setting him up to be. Ledger is still the greatest but the characters are very different. I think Leto will take it once he gets more screen time. I understand his look a bit more since he's a gangster and shit but it still looks retarded. If the forehead tattoo was gone it would be a lot better.

Dude resembles Marilyn Manson