It just struck me that i've never seen an Adventure Time thread on Sup Forums

it just struck me that i've never seen an Adventure Time thread on Sup Forums
i know its a total meme but I watched it stoned one day with friends and it was honestly mind-expanding, since then I've enjoyed it on occasion

does Sup Forums into

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cRxoek0ln6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nobody cares about it anymore

>it just struck me that i've never seen an Adventure Time thread on Sup Forums
probably because it's a cartoon

>I watched it stoned one day with friends and it was honestly mind-expanding
stop

cartoon threads are not uncommon, particularly rick and morty
adventure time makes you realize that 90% of tv media can't actually justify its visual medium because its so experimental, verging on post-modern with its visual storytelling, i don't know how anyone with a technical appreciation for filmmaking couldn't be constantly amused by the animation

reddit and meme

>never seen an adventure time thread on Sup Forums
The threads discussing it are probably on Sup Forums

The first time I ever got SUPER stoned i watched it and it creeped the fuck out of me

Sup Forums hates AT now

>adventure time makes you realize that 90% of tv media can't actually justify its visual medium because its so experimental, verging on post-modern with its visual storytelling, i don't know how anyone with a technical appreciation for filmmaking couldn't be constantly amused by the animation
i said STOP

not even BvS fags are this mentally handicapped

ah, of course
not too interested in other cartoons desu, i enjoy watching it from a film standpoint, it visually and symbolically references such a broad range of film and tv, the broader your other interests are the more you get out of it

youtube.com/watch?v=cRxoek0ln6Q

>can't get past the childrens show facade to access the psychedelic visual experience
i'm sorry about your one-dimensional viewing capabilities

I've seen most of AT and liked it, you're just fucking embarrassing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i'm an artist
hate animated shows for the most part but this one is something special, would guess it's lost on 90% of the meme audience

I stopped watching at the end of Season 5.

I think most of Sup Forums did as well.

I've watched the first 4 seasons and I've enjoyed the show. What happened after season 5 that was so bad?

>i'm an artist
>it's lost on 90% of the meme audience
fucking stop

it is slowly slowly becoming more sjw

From what i can tell from a distance the show gets a bit too much up its own arse and pretentious after season 5.

I have mixed feelings about this show, and I'm a huge fan. I watch it every week even when they dick around with the schedule and change the day it's on.

At its best, it's probably the best cartoon show ever made. There are times when the ever-expanding world and ever-deepening lore seem completely on point, times when the show makes its own weird kind of sense and tickles the grey matter in just the way you want. But the show is not at its best that often.

When the show is off its game, you can end up with some seriously disappointing episodes. It's part of the format, I think: episodes don't really get workshopped and rewritten the way a full half-hour show might. The episode's concept is allowed to run its course, and the storyboard makes it onto the screen one way or another.

The show has some really lame fucking jokes and some outright embarrassingly ugly sequences here and there, and some episodes resolve themselves in deeply unsatisfying ways. It's true of season 1 and it's true of the latest season as well.

>psychedelic visual experience
>marijuana
>adventure time

Stoners are a joke with their shitty drug for kids.

It's taking risks. I'd rather not understand an episode than watch a pointless one that does nothing new.

I'm an artist too.
>would guess it's lost on 90% of the meme audience

The fuck are you saying?

>sjw
you stop too

they want the tumblr crowd

i said STOP

that's impossible. adventure time panders to tumblr now. finn isn't even the main character anymore, everything is either about lesbian relationships or female empowerment.

DUDE DEEPEST LORE LMAO

did you like that one episode where the root beer man came back to life only to find his wife has been fucking that janitor guy? then by the end both men apologize to the woman because it was wrong of them to treat her like an object? and then both guys end up alone while the woman gets the house?

>i've never seen an Adventure Time thread on Sup Forums

Because this isn't Sup Forums. Do you go to Sup Forums and complain that you've never seen a Sopranoes thread there?

did you like it when bubblegum princess got ousted from the throne by the king of ooh but then it turns out the patriarchy is full of incompetent dumbasses? like lemongrab and his kingdom? or the fire kingdom? fire princess is just the best right? girls are just the best right? i hope they make 10 more episodes of the vampire girl and her lesbian relationship with bubblegum princess.

>I watch it for the lore
How to spot a manchild.

top tier trolling

AT has been mediocre for quite some time. Even when it was better, it was never great.

>At its best, it's probably the best cartoon show ever made.

Not even close.

You're right that hyperbole may have been misplaced. I do believe that certain episodes of the series are totally transcendent though, and that hyperbole I'll stand by.

I miss episodes where Finn goes out on adventures, like that one episode where he boards a neverending dungeon train, or the episode where he dreams about pillow land and lives his entire mortal life married to a pillow girl and has kids. It's sad what this show has become.

every episode has to be part of the lore now

Fucking terrible reddit tier show.

>I do believe that certain episodes of the series are totally transcendent though

>certain episodes of the series are totally transcendent though

Name these episodes. Please be highlighting animation/comedy and not the philosophy 101 peppered in episodes. Character drama surely can't be why you praise AT.

There are still episodes like that. It's unfortunate it doesn't happen as often anymore

aren't those the slice of life episodes that don't involve Finn?

If that's meant to be an attack on my taste, Legend of Galactic Heroes is my favorite show of all time. The books are in English now! I am ashamed to say I also enjoyed K-on.

I've been thinking of whipping up such a list but it will take me some time to comb through all the episodes. Also philosophy 101 is one of my favorite classes I ever took, I don't know why you guys like to rag on it so much.

>The books are in English now!
AWWW SHIT REALLY?
>I am ashamed to say I also enjoyed K-on.
So did I, but I just don't see the value in Adventure Time

It's held back by its hipster vernacular, pretensions of continuity involving interpersonal drama, and the straight-up low standards at work in all CN shows and most modern cartoons. Some people can't set that stuff aside, and I get that. It's enough to ruin the whole experience for you. But it doesn't really bother me. Once you crack that nut, you find a detailed and interesting little show about life in a fantasy world with no grown-ups around. I feel bad that I've spent so much time defending it because it is just a cartoon show and I totally acknowledge its flaws.

There's a difference between male characters having faults and characters having faults because they are male. The show literally makes no judgements about gender/race, but you spergs will come up with anything to act like an agenda is being forced down your throat.

Also Bubblegum's a fascist and Marcy's a naive cunt a lot of times.

>calarts cartooning flash animation
I only watch the finest kineograph animé

>le Sup Forums is tumblr meme

that sounds like something a dumb frogposter would say

>anime cuckposter
>calling ANYONE a manchild

How's it going, Reddit?

>How's it going, Reddit?
Sup Forums is an anime site. The people from Reddit are the ones whining on /qa/ 24/7 that anime needs to be banned.

ITT: Cartoon kino

>this luxurious victim complex
>this fabulous asshurt

hola reddit

Did you even read what I just said?

yes

Then why did you post

hey its 420 man

Reminder that Princess Bubblegum is the show's real main villain and Finn will have to team up with Ice King to kill her in the finale.

>a woman as the villain
>in the year 2016

I tried watching a few episodes.
I didn't get it.

PB is evil, the hints the drop are pretty fucking big

I liked it until it tumblr latched on and it turned to shit. so season 1.

i liked it until they decided to explain how the world ended

I liked it until Finn's voice actor hit puberty

While i do feel like the show had some rushed plots (Orgalorg and the comet...) and pretentious episodes, it's really good when it focuses on comedy or character development.

>adventure time
>post modern storytelling

Aww is this your first weird cartoon? That's adorable.

Go watch Fantastic Planet or something you fucking pleb. AT is fun and all but it aint shit in the mind-expanding animation world.

forgot pic fuck

It was really good for a time and then it hit a wall so fucking hard. I caught one episode from a later season and couldn't even stomach it to the end; haven't seen it since.

I remember one episode called Death in Bloom being particularly good.