/grimes/

Let's talk about the artist of the decade, Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4qjN1vMA8

>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”
vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

Would you like an album like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k8TBmeK9Abg
youtube.com/watch?v=v_wnkyYNbHA
mojvideo.com/video-prince-when-doves-cry/63806cee6342494500af
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love her desu lads

Come to Russia Grimes!

grimes = kpop

sad.

She didn't play live in Russia yet?

GRimes come to brazil

Don't be sad. Your equation is wrong.

only good song is nightmusic

rest is gay

she has a lot of sex

yeah. i saw her in philadelphia a few years ago and she hung out with the fans after the show and ended up inviting one of them to leave with her and he did.

>projecting

projecting what?

>shitposting

She is moving to Russia. She loves the country.

they barely have anything in common.

The last part of your previous post.

yeah that's not projecting, stop using psychological terms because you see other people do it on Sup Forums.

omg she's so perfect, i literally want to live inside her

So since is basically the modern day Bjork who do you think Grime's Ricardo Lopez will be?

this is my all-time favourite pic of her

No one. That Lopez case was years ago.

bjork didn't do anything to him

don't you guys have anything better to do than to creep on grimes by spamming pointless threads about her?

not one thing

my life belongs to her

she doesn't care

Name similar artists to Grimes.

i love her anyway

Don't you have anything to do than shitpost on Sup Forums? Don't you have anything to do than having a problem with other people's interests?

>pointless threads
So pointless that everyone post here, even dickheads like you.

I barely post or lurk here anymore, but these threads unironically trigger me, how much of a fuck up do you have to be to obsess over a person who will never know you exist, and keep posting about it everyday?

No one. She's too smart/cautious/savvy to the ins-and-outs of celebrity for something like that.

>person who will never know you exist
So what? There are many threads about other artists who will never know about us as well.

Filter them. Stop caring about other people's obsessions, you autist. You will change shit.

>don't you guys have anything better to do
Yes - calling out people like you who seem to think that a reason exists for posting on Sup Forums outside of not having anything better to do.

This. There are threads even about dead artists. Does that mean people aren't allowed to talk about them? Apparently not, according to this autist

but it is one thing to discuss other people's music, and other to do a thread about the same person everyday, and you barely discuss her music here, you are just waifufags objectifying her

Similar in terms of what?
If you give me specific aspects, I might actually be able to give you answers (and keep the aspects separate, because the only other artist specifically like Grimes is Grimes.)

MISBABY!

I every single /grimes/ thread there must be an autist like thinking he's the Sup Forums police and being outraged why people dare to talk about an artist he dislikes. These people lack self-awareness and they always turn into the joke of the whole thread.

Musically.

How do we convince Grimes to use her power over the masses and overthrow Putin?

misbaby

>obsess over a person
You forgot to factor in the awesome power of her music. Thus why you fail to understand these threads. It's not just (or even foremost) about a person. Otherwise these threads - assuming that they would still exist at all - would be on a board other than /mu.

I don't even dislike her, I'm seriously concerned about you guys, but now I see I can't do anything for you. I hope you autists leave this site someday soon.

Her music ain't even that good.

ITT it's discussed her music and her life (read Sup Forums's rule #1, they're both allowed). Sharing pictures is also allowed (it's an image board, ffs). But in case you don't know, people here mostly TALK and share pictures from time to time, so your waifufag argument is a false flag.

>and other to do a thread about the same person everyday
And what exactly is your problem? Don't you listen to music every day? Don't you shitpost on Sup Forums every single day? As I said, filter these threads and get the fuck out of here.

lol she drives the shittiest lexus you can get

>but it is one thing to discuss other people's music, and other to do a thread about the same person everyday,
>Not understanding the underlying concept of topicality and threading on an internet message board
user, the primary purpose of THESE threads is to discuss Grimes and her music. Why is that surprising to you?

fka twigs, bjork

she's coming to russia. i can't wait

>Her music ain't even that good.
That's subjective.

>I don't even dislike her, I'm seriously concerned about you guys, but now I see I can't do anything for you. I hope you autists leave this site someday soon.
Keep your concern to yourself. /grimes/ is an institution of Sup Forums. This board is obsessed with her since 2012, no surprises here. You must be new if you don't know that and still question the existence of these threads.

I see no similarity between Twigs and Grimes.

Gotta break it down more. Her music is too broadly influenced for that to mean anything useful by itself.

source?

OK. Artists with music similar to Visions.

just believe in her hopes and her dreams

>Her music ain't even that good.
And there you have it. I happen to think it is. Thus why I like to post/engage in intense discussions about it - like this one I'm having right now:

Is it true?

no

well, if you liked oblivion
youtube.com/watch?v=k8TBmeK9Abg

I'm very envious of him.

thanks doc

What Grimes songs move you the most? Symphonia IX, Oblivion, Heartbeats, Butterfly, Venus in Fleurs, My Sister Says the Saddest Things, and that unplugged ukulele song for me.

i enjoy life in the vivid dream

Forgot about Ambrosia.

why do you fags still listen to shit shit? We have Hannah Diamond now.

>Hannah Diamond
Keep that PC Music crap to yourself.

looks like a rly wonky st vincent in that pic lol

Prince:
youtube.com/watch?v=v_wnkyYNbHA
mojvideo.com/video-prince-when-doves-cry/63806cee6342494500af

Perhaps she was inspired by the cover of this album by her good friend Janelle Monae.

I know these songs, thanks anyway.

st who?

why does she have to be a smelly canadian? why cant she be gods chosen people.. american, like normal people? she'd be wife material and 1000x better if she was american and not a stupid canuck

St. Vincent. The second best artist of the decade.

Why doesn't she get a good car?

Yes, I remember that an user once said he likes Grimes but actively posted shit about her to fit in with the rest of Sup Forums autists.

>>> Sup Forums

That's sad.

She hasn't lived in Canada for years, she's a basically a burger now

Do you want her to play more guitar on her next album? (Of course, her guitar playing will be improved by then).

Why is she always culturally appropriating stuff?

What are some unexpected feelings/thoughts you have gotten while listening to a Grimes song?

i want to wear grimes' skin over my own

hey do you think grimes has smelly poops?

I'll never understand the grimes fandom, lads.

no

Understandable. Better stay away from Grimes, her music and personality are really addictive. If you would be a Grimes fan you would understand these things.

The feeling of impending death while listening to Venus in Fleurs. It's like a soundtrack to an apocalypse aftermath.

mo
crystal castles

How is MO similar to Grimes?

Sup Forums don't deserve her tbch.

b-but we love her!

Forgot to add: except her fanbase (but only the good wing) here.

>synthpop

Canadians ARE Americans, geographically impaired user.

user, that's like saying Josquin de Prez and Wagner were similar because they both wrote classical music in a popular style.

when u look like a better version of grimes but a guy

kys

Her poops probably smell like shit, but...
>Judges hanging niggas, uncorrect bails for direct sales
>My intellect prevails from a cross with nails
>I reinforce the frail with lyrics that is real

>Never talkin to snakes, cause the words of a man kill
>True in the game, as long as blood is blue in my veins

That'd be cool.

Cool quints.