ITT: Critically-panned films you unironically enjoy

ITT: Critically-panned films you unironically enjoy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Auffpz2E0GE
youtube.com/watch?v=OG9EDE_bnws
youtube.com/watch?v=85-2A0PHLIc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BvS

I just remembered this old promo for it:
youtube.com/watch?v=Auffpz2E0GE

pls don't call me reddit

I won't, if you enjoy it then whatever, but this movie is terrible.

Until I was like 16 I had no idea people didn't like this. It's such good cheesy fun

Roland Emerich has never made a bad movie. 10,000 BC is his weakest, but it's still a 6/10

Used to watch 8 Legged Freaks all thr time when one of the movie cable channels would show it continuously in the early to mid 00s.

What a terrible yet somehow enjoyable flick

I like it too.

Agreed. I'd say White House Down is his weakest, but like you said, still a 6/10.

That's Scarjo at her prime

because of the mini godzillas.

"Size does matter"
what do you think they meant by this?

I have a lot of those.

Batman V Superman
Only God Forgives
Lost River
Synecdoche, New York (kinda)
Antichrist

Patrick Tatapoulos wanted to model giant dangling genitalia but since the framing would be at street level aiming up, they decided against it.

I LOVE this movie. I was shocked when I heard everyone hates it. Still don't understand.

I loved this movie when I was 13.

Some of the action scenes still hold up too, but watching it now the dialogue is way too fucking ridiculous. It was written by a jerkoff bartender who got lucky, and it shows.

I couldn't believe people liked this shit movie when I watched it.

it had more of a mixed reception than a panning but i love napoleon dynamite

I dont know if you are being a memeister but this is actually my choice as well

Roland Emmerich is like Michael Bay but with emotions.

D R O P P E D

What is it about unapologetic schlock like this that makes it work but something like Sharknado, while similar, is just awful?

But his father is a muslim

Love of the genre.

I've fapped to this a good few times.

Just think, he was the child of a Jew and a Muslim, he could have brought peace to the Middle East. Instead he brought America shitty movies.

it's actually one of the most underrated comedies of the late 90s

muh nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=OG9EDE_bnws

because Sharknado tried to be le so bad it's good

DA TURANTULA
DONT PLAY WIT MY SIDE I MIGHT STING YA
Was Turantula by Pendulum in this movie, or did I just make that up?

Sexiest/comfiest movie ever made.

Eight Legged Freaks embraced its corny b movie status whereas sharknado is realllyyy forcing it

>DUDE BAD MOVIES LMAO

>there are people alive who hate this

i wish i was kidding

More like Robert E Howard's Conan than the Conan movies were.

Fuck yeah, I just binge-watched like 8 of these. As in Rip offs of Conan but cheaper and usually italian. Fun as fuck

The people who hate it most are godzilla fanboys. They absolutely cannot stand the fact that their beloved monster hero was killed by missiles and made into more of a giant t-rex. They are basically children in adult bodies. Check out godzilla fan pages on facebook and look at the comments on posts that relate to this movie. They're truly embarrassing people.

I don't normally care for that anorexia look but there's something about Jovovich.

I recognize its a shitty movie overall, but i always have fun watching it. Plus, based Teresa palmer waifu

The KFC hand puppets oh lawd

One thing i really loved about Sword and the Sorcerer is Lee Horsley's Errol Flynn impression, cracked me up

No you're thinking of hero by Chad Kroger

Ah.

Its a fun enough monster movie my only complaint is its not a very good Godzilla movie. But then a lot of the Godzilla movies suck much worse than this did

I agree but look where you are right now, glass houses mate

Oh fuck I had one of them

I really loved Grown Ups. Fuck you to all the critic and people out there who hate it.

Enjoyable movies of the past
I can't understand why anybody would like this mess. Maybe if Milla had some more nudity in it but as it is its somehow worse than the worst of her resident evil movies

fite me!

These 2 are super-duper comfy schlock with good production values.

Fight me.

Loved it

AND THEN

Nah it was one of the many parody films of the 90s back when they understood how to do parody.

Those Date Movie faggot's killed the genre so now Marlon Waynes is the only guy making them anymore

Great films.

>the ending

I loved that movie

Showgirls

It wasn't panned by critics. Still a good movie

better than Jumanji

I really like dafoe's character in this. Really over the top
the sequel was kind of disappointing t͏bh

scooby-doo

guy in front- "AHHH DAD HELP ME AHHH"

Green Lantern
Meet the Spartans
Adam sandler movies
Flash point 2007
Step up movies

>look up films I like that I thought might have been critically panned
>they were actually well received

watched this on the theater and thought it was actually good

Dude, 15 year old Kristen Stewart.

I love this movie for based dafoe and no one can ever change my mind otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=85-2A0PHLIc

X Men Apocalypse.

Really enjoyed it.

This

WTF SHE WAS IN THIS MOVIE!?

I had no idea when I saw this as a kid years ago

I have no idea why this movie gets so much hate.

All the action scenes and that highway chase was solid gold with a kickass score.

The sex scene was good too

i always hated reloaded, but i just rewatched the trilogy last week and reloaded definitely stands out.
so damn stylish and that highway scene is so sick.

Good to hear someone was able to enjoy it.

Oddly enough,I also rewatched all three back to back about a month ago. They were far worse than I remember. The choreography was dogshit and the dialogue was a joke. Don't even get me started on the Reloaded CGI.

Second Renaissance/Animatrix is the best thing to come out of the franchise imo

same as mate, it definitely has a different mood to the first film, doesn't mean it's necessarily bad as many, MANY people seem to think.

fuck i may even watch it tonight.

I should say that I did love the movies when they were new, tho.

I love the Animatrix

Totally agree. I rewatched the trilogy recently and this was better than I remembered, the third one is even worse than I remembered though.

Obvious answer

John Carter

>nam sdrawkcab eht

>Synecdoche, New York
It was not panend, what are you on to?

Besides some dodgy sfx it's only terrible in hindsight, with revolutions following it. It actually set up some really cool stuff that could have made for a fantastic third part. There was a chance to really fuck with things, particularly on a fourth wall level, and it was totally squandered.

I remember being on a matrix forum in between the two movies release and the discussion about what the final part could contain was fantastic because these concepts of the matrix fracturing, all our mythology being byproducts of its existence, multiple iterations, neo somehow using his powers in the 'real' world etc. opened up so many ideas which were better than the tribal rave, dull shooting robots that came out of a hole that we got.

Fucking love this movie

D R O P P E D

NO AND THEN

Watched it expecting it to be the worst movie I would ever watch, turned out to be one of the best movies I have ever watched.

Honestly, this movie is funny as fuck when stoned.

I saw that movie when I was 8 at the cinemas and didn't realise people hate it until about a year ago.

Did people always hate it or is it just some new younger generation shit?

Every body loves this movie you fucking druggo.

It's a 90's classic.