How hard is it to learn how to weld?

how hard is it to learn how to weld?

First of all that's a cutting torch, so for you, probably pretty hard

Well first of all that's a cutting torch genius

It's not that hard. If you have good rhythm and a steady hand, you can pick it up pretty quickly. It's pretty expensive to get started, but I recommend taking a 2 year course at a community college so you can understand some of the more important aspects.

Gonna be tough to weld with that cutting torch user

Vary. ya coon.

obviously that's a cutting torch, but it's used on the job by welders, you pedantic cunts.

That's a cutting torch, you'll probably want a wire fed mig welder if you're just starting. You can get one for like 200$ at a hardware store. Then just weld bar plate until you feel comfortable making stuff.

I don't know any dumbasses that know how to weld. I also don't know any stereotypical "nerds" that know how to weld.

The only people I know that weld have a good combination of book smarts, hands on skills, and common sense.

I never realized this until you asked.

Pretty easy just take a bit of practice

I'm also interested in getting into welding.

Depends what kind of welding. Most of it is mouth breather easy, the niche things that aren't are what make it a skilled trade. Truth be told most welding out there shouldn't be considered skill labor.

While there is a lot of money in the field I'd recommend against it since the fumes tend to drive welders literally insane

Start with MIG. It's the easiest to learn. Lots of vids out there

i dont plan on living past 25

Arguably this, but don't underestimate how hard it is at first.

bump as i wanted to do this treade for a while but been too lazy to go to school for it.

>the fumes tend to drive welders literally insane
nonsense.

Trades are the fallback for even social science majors.
It's shit easy.

The welding classes at my community college are always filled with retarded inbreds, literally every other program hates the welders

Why are you taking up welding then?

I took metal shop for two years in high school and I learned oxygen-acetylene, mig, stick, and a bit of tug welding. It's not that hard to learn, just take a class on it somewhere

Easy.

Get a matchbox cheap AC welder, used, some 6011 rods and some pipe/square tubing. Set it on 75-90 and practice. The key is to get penetration on both metals your welding together.

How long have you been in community college??

Second this. A retarded monkey can weld. There is a little finesse to some tig welding, but most of it is just find a chart that tells you the appropriate settings and drag a bead.

I worked in a ship yard for 5 years welding before going back to school for mechanical engineering. I love working with my hands but you'll hate your life/job pretty quick doing "skilled" labor. Maybe not hate, but you'll get burned out

It depends if you welding some junk in your back yard it's pretty easy. Welding gas pipes or anything structural that takes a lot of time under the hood

Just take a class at a community college dumbass

Ask me how to do anything and I will tell you in 4 steps or less.

how do I cure cancer, hiv, hepatitis and herpes?

> burned out

I see what you did there.

It's easy, spend a month playing around with it and you make better pay than people who have real skills and work ethic

Using a oxy torch was part of my automotive apprentice training and it's not hard. Welding sheets together at 90° angles takes a bit of time to ensure you don't blow through but, butt welds, joints, overlays are easy as shit. Don't be afraid of the fire and get as close as possible so you can see what your doing is the trick. MIG is the next step up and requires experience and patience, and a good ear. You can hear how good a welder is by the consistency of their bead. Basically a constant buzzing is key but using the proper wire feed speed and getting penetration requires knowledge
>pic is from my 1st time brazing

How do I win a game of Connect 4?

>not knowing how to weld with a cutting torch

get good, faggots

How do you see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

fuck what these faggots said op

make sure you have enough acetylene
make sure you blow through your tac welds as best you can.
follow these 2 rules and you will be fine.