Is 26 too old to still be living at home?

is 26 too old to still be living at home?

yes, 24 is the border

its a fucking shitty economy out there though. if i moved out i would have to take a shitty $10/hr job and barely be able to survive

It depends. Are you working or going to school full time? It's tough these days to afford a place on your own, but I think that as long as you're doing something productive and helping your parents with bills and/or housework it's more acceptable.

Not if you're going to school.Otherwise, yes.

stop fucking making excuses, you could have fucking been saving and owned a home by now

/thread

school at 26?? See you at the special olympics

Hehe, in Spain is way worse.

Btw, 28 and still here

Yes gtfo at 18 you leeching scrub

Oh yeah are you supposed to save money while in college and working a part time job? Minimum wage isnt a living wage you old virgin racist desk douche

Should've gone to school for something useful, shitcock.

some people want higher education than a shitty bachelor degree, neck yourself faggot

No such thing, societal norms are all bullshit and easily explained away anyway.
>user you still live at home with your parents?!
>Yes, I save a lot of money that way.
Literally all you have to do to keep your entire paycheck.

Stop smoking weed everyday and get a real fucking job.

Also look into low income housing. I used to work on a horse farm with a Puerto Rican guy named Carlos who only made $10 an hour but he had his own apartment/car.

He wasn't a lazy pos though.

when you do move out, please just sell weed. no reason not to. tons of profit, really not that high risk. just don't be a complete retard about it

If you cant go to college to follow your dream of being a rocket scientist you might as well go work some construction job and go to night schools to learn a trade that will earn you 50k+ a year.

its not so much "is it wrong?" its "why would you?"

once you've been through college and gotten that taste of freedom, you've got to be some type of sperg to want to move back in with your parents, regardless of cost savings.

its the jump off point to being a full blown adult. maintain ties with your parents, sure. stay over from time to time, sure. but living with them? why?

Whose home? Your home, or your parents' home?

no
In many European and Eastern cultures kids typically live at home until marriage.
Moving out once you get a job/done college is a North American thing.

I wish I could move back home
(25 btw)
I rent and live with my gf but it seems like such a waste and I am definitely not doing anything with my life so I am just throwing away money

>I don't have freedoms living at home

if you are in college, no if not yes

Because rent, utilities, gas, electric, and grocery bills.
You save tens of thousands of dollars the longer you do it and all you have to do is say "yes I live with my parents"
You can still fuck bitches in the ass in your childhood bedroom just as easily as you can in a dishevelled ass apartment.

I second this motion

>You can still fuck bitches in the ass in your childhood bedroom just as easily as you can in a dishevelled ass apartment.
well, I always wait for my parents to go away for weekends to have girls over. A few times i've had sex with my parents in the house, but in the basement.
I'm 25 btw.

theres fucking grandmas that are going to college... as in like they're 50+... if you've ever been you would have seen there are all ages, but of coarse most being early 20's

in my home, i can leave the lights on and smoke joints in the living room and cook breakfast bare ass naked. i always have hot water, i never have to wait on someone to finish up in the bathroom, no one makes a mess other than me.

live with your parents forever then. when's the cut off point? why would anyone ever leave their parent's house? even if you split housing costs with them, its way cheaper than living on your own.

why don't all families just live together in a big house? grandparents, parents, children, all in one house. it would be so economical!

I fucked your grandma in college

good luck finding a job for that "useful" degree.

Yes.
-From a 31 yr old

>in my home, i can leave the lights on and smoke joints in the living room and cook breakfast bare ass naked. i always have hot water, i never have to wait on someone to finish up in the bathroom, no one makes a mess other than me.
You sound like a classless swine. No wonder you live alone.

Yeah man. Thats ridiculous

I like my parents

>why don't all families just live together in a big house? grandparents, parents, children, all in one house. it would be so economical!
Most people do that ya big goof. Americans and I assume britbongs are the exception not the rule.

Fuck yeah it is.

You're pushing it at like 22-23... By 24 you should have your own place or live elsewhere.

I was out at 18, back at 20, out again at 22 with 20k in my bank account and goals and plans.

Worked my ass off and went back to school at 23, graduated at 27. Got picked up by a company and move to another state.

Now I'm just living... But not at home.

I like sex, and I hate judgemental looks from parents. So moving out was a necessity.

ouch... the dust must have made for one hell of a case of chafing. Not to mention your preferred choice in old women. That's pretty gross but hey it's Sup Forums so w/e

>is 26 too old to still be living at home?

Depends on the circumstances.

>economical situation
>parents view (maybe the do not want you to leave)
>health, including mental health
>housing market

nope. welcome to 2016

he got laid. you're the one with a fucked grandma. cuck.

As long as you and your parents are fine with it I don't see the problem. That being said, it isn't that hard to support yourself, my living expenses are around $1100/month for a one bedroom in decent neighborhood in socal. So it's just a question of what would I rather have, an extra $13k a year to throw around, or the freedom of living alone and on your own terms. The decision just gets easier the more you make too.

The problem with living with your parents is having to live by their rules, maybe you just like to pile dishes in the washer and turn it on once it gets full because it's convenient. Maybe you only take out the trash on your way out the door for work in the morning. Maybe you like to fuck your girlfriend make a shit ton of noise and leave a trail of clothes from your door on a friday night. Easier to live how you want when you live alone.

lol you fucking moron

>health, including mental health
>economical situation
These are my issues tbh. I'm going back to school fall 2017, so hopefully after I graduate I can get a decent job and get my own place. When I move out for school again I don't want to move back home. I had health issues which kept me reliant on my parents though, so that kind of sucks.

I'm 25 now

Blame the world, not yourself (unless your just being fucking lazy)

>$1100/month
That's fucking ridiculous

I have a colleague who is 33 and still lives with his parents. As an electrical engineer he makes good money. He's an Arab muslim immigrant though. Maybe they do things differently when it comes to still living at home.

Depends on why you're still there. Not only that but the cost of living is steep.

>pro tip, you'll be back at some point. Usually when something happens to your folks that warrants them needing you around. Like illness, or an accident, or plain old age. So try not to go too far, unless you hate your parents.

start up a domain name and publish things like bad entertainment and news and sponsor your garbage on FB
buy cryptocurrencies and sell when they go up and don't invest too much
learn proper investment
sell weed
buy something like wooden supplies and carve class of 2017 and sell them on etsy next may
collect your cans and bottles
do everything you can to make a profit and get a good job
learn to edit your resume properly and learn to write a good cover letter
rip off Amazon by not signing for a package like an xbox one and sell it on craigslist
just figure out profit OP

>I like my parents

The simple question is: Do your parents want you to stay?

Btw, do you contribute something to the household?

you don't even know what a cuck is...

An actuary at my company that's close to his 30s and has his fellowship still lives at home. He's probably making around $150k a year.

If I was single and lived by my parents I'd probably consider living at home so I could save money.

>Btw, do you contribute something to the household?
they have no problem with me living at home, and yeah I do all the landscaping and gardening which I like doing because it's a good hobby. I watch sports with my dad a lot too which is pretty cool.

Rent's only $600 a month, trucks paid off, electric for a one bedroom is ~$40 internet's $60, phone bill is $30, assuming ~$250 is food, $60 in gas $125 in insurance and some other misc. bills, That doesn't account for fun money and booze. Did you misread that as rent for a one bedroom being $1100? Notice I said living expenses, mentioning the type of place I lived in was just context.

yes. im 23 and will be buying a home soon. should just kys if you're past 25 and still at home.

I'm 29 and still live at home.

I just can't make enough money to live on my own. God fuck this is living hell.

Still. How do you afford that by yourself?

>I had health issues which kept me reliant on my parents though

I know that situation. My parents financially support me into my early 30's. Borderline cost me 6 years of my life so I was 32 when I finished University and found a job.

I moved out when I was 21 though.

>fuck this living hell

Man, can I empathize with that sentiment.

refer to my post

He has a job.
Seriously my job is total shit and I got it without even a highschool diploma, I still pull in 1400 a month easy.

>im 23 and will be buying a home soon.

How many wheels is it going to have?

I have epilepsy and had brain surgery last summer. I have been seizure free for a year now, so I can finally get my drivers license. I'm studying to go to law school now, but I'm also going to apply to other masters programs too. If I move out for school next fall, I never want to move home again full time.

> if i moved out i would have to take a shitty $10/hr job and barely be able to survive

ok, so take the job. what're you autistic?

I did the whole college thing while I lived with my parents and worked part time. Bailed after a 2 year degree, because Graphic design work is more dependent on your portfolio than anything else. Got an interview because of the degree, got the job because of the freelance work I built my portfolio around. I make $18/hour which isn't really great, but that's ~$2246 bring home so I'm sitting around an extra $1100 a month, I try to save as much as I can and piss a little away for fun. I think the main thing is finding cheap rent and trying to pay off your vehicle before moving out. That and just getting a nice savings, shit comes up and it's usually expensive shit.

That depends. Do you have 2 more years before you get an 8 year collage degree?

Iived at home until about 28. I worked from 16 on and hit full time work with college at 21.

while living at home I traveled to Europe 5 times, always owned a reliable vehicle, had regular girlfriends and saved enough to buy my own home with out having to deal with a woman. I also had and continue to have a great relationship with my parents. No complaints but I think that had I moved out earlier, I would have maybe been a bit more motivated but I was by no means any kind of slacker.

I have no advice for you but at 26 you probably should make the leap or at least start prepping for it in the very near future.

>Stop smoking weed
Great idea.

>get a real fucking job
That requires an education. Anything else is bullshit.

>made $10 an hour
Doesn't mean shit.

>had his own apartment/car
Shallow bullshit.

>he wasn't a lazy pos though
A life of working a shitty and meaningless $10 job is not a life. It's a waste of a life and a waste of an intelligent lifeform.

Well, that depends if it's full time or not.
See
By no means am I living extravagantly, but even with a paid of vehicle, I'd really be pushing it to live off of $10/hour even if it was part time. He either needs a roomie, or to be making at least $12/hour full time with a paid car to boot.

At least in my experience, unless your parents are total shit, your better off sucking it up and living at home until you can pay off your car and find something making at least $12/hour full time. Even then, you would really not have much extra money, so at that point your still balancing freedoms, monetary and living circumstances at that point.

>I hate judgemental looks from parents.
You got that because you weren't doing shit with your worthless life, faggot. Now you're just a huge faggot with his own place.
Have fun thinking about how worthless you were when you're on your death bed.

>without paying 30% of their income

Learn to read the bullshit you post retard

That's also taking the average cost required in each state, which will be significantly over the minimum in the poorest areas. Fucking bozo

Depends on your area and that's not your only cost

Apartment 900-1300 for a 1 bedroom

Then there's the mess of utilities, Internet, food, gas, car payments, etc etc

Most of these assholes are probably still in high school thinking they know how shit works. Stupid twinks

how could you possibly be so wrong on all 5 points?! You have got to be the least like-able person in atleast a 50 mile square radius.

you made me cringe with that last one.

An education, nepotism or connections regardless, and very rarely hard work can get you into some better paying jobs. More likely the two former however. I have to agree with you though, in comparison to most of my friends, I'm doing better then they are. Stable job, paid off truck, plenty of extra money, healthy etc. but I'm not especially happy. Working 9-5, drinking on the weekends, some flings from time to time.

You can give people every opportunity in the world, but the only thing that can bring someone happiness are themselves. Because people want different things out of their lives.

lol k

its OK if you're paying rent and its temporary (less than six months). Otherwise get a job faggot.

Hah, fucker 22 here with my own car and house. I live in the bible belt and work in retail.

Get a job or you'll end up like this.

You have till 30 as far as im concerned....i left at 27 and wish i just had of saved money while i was living rent free but i pissed it away on vidya, weed, booze and other earthly desires. Woulda been trump rich if i just saved money.

>why don't all families just live together in a big house? grandparents, parents, children, all in one house. it would be so economical!

Because then everyone would start fighting with each other, get sick of the each other's bullshit and there would be rules that would conflict with each other's and the grandparents might not like the way you raise children and question your parenting quite frequently and it is really frustrating after an extended amount of time. There is a lot of fighting when three generations live in the same household and therefore, it is just a pain in the ass to deal with in the long run. It is good for finances but for everything else, it sucks.

people usually live at their homes unless they are homeless, if you are talking about your parents house then yes its too old.

see
That's the entirety of my living expenses, I'm aware that rent can be quite higher than what I'm paying but generally speaking wages and rent do tend to correlate to each other, minimum wage jobs not included, you shouldn't expect to support yourself off of one minimum wage job. A car payment to boot would have definitely fucked me over when I was making closer to $12/hour but that's just how it goes.

Someone's insecure they didn't go to college

My parents kicked me out two years ago. I was 21 then, so idk.

are you saying you are fucking 26 and you didn't get a college degree in a worthwhile career and shift straight into your first job?

wtf don't tell me you only have a high school diploma.

lol fgt my kid makes $15/hour teaching figure skating and she is only 16.

kys.

It's not terribly too old but at that point you should really start considering moving out. It is a pain in the ass to get out but once you're out, do not go back. Save up money first if you haven't already (which you should've been) and get up to 10 grand and then find a shithole apartment and then get the fuck outta there.

You will live in your parents basement forever if you vote for Democrats.

Underrated post

My haitian friend says this what they do....families stay together and the next generation takes care of the older when they unable to for themselves. My friend moved out on his own though and said his dad was bummed out because of this but his mom happy.

what's a twink? like a twinkie?

>More likely the two former however.
It's simply a combination of intelligence, knowledge, and dedication/application, that's used to do and get things.

>I'm not especially happy
I bet.

>because people want different things out of lives
People are all just stimulating their reward centers.
People want some things, but those things just stimulate the reward centers.

Sure, I want lots of money, as it would stimulate my reward centers, but guiding humanity on the right path would also stimulate my reward centers.
The same is true for other humans.
They may want different things, but the pleasures are the same.

A twink is what a fuccboi originally was suppose to mean.

A Little fucking girly faggot who likes to get fucked in the ass and creampied.

>Woulda been trump rich if i just saved money.
You should've just invested in bitcoin.

>be me
>earn $23/hr without college
>mfw

>still be living at home?
Everybody lives at their home you fucking retard

>Go to school full-time
>Usually between 12 - 16 credits
>Go to work 25 - 40 hours a week depending on how busy it may get
>$13/hr
>Don't have my own car
>Live with my parents
>Everybody berates me for not having my own apartment nor car
>Constantly mocked because I wear goodwill clothing at age 23 on top of this

Should I be ashamed, Sup Forums? I'm going into the medical field so all I've been doing was saving my money for the inevitable pile-up of debt I'll get once I finish. Yet, everybody says I'm a loser if I don't have my own place, car, and the latest clothing.
>Are they right?

>Because then everyone would start fighting with each other
>what is applied psychology and sociology