Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ANI03qFQFvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well only after they covered the body up

I actually fell for that one so hard

the range rover in the background is the cherry on top

this

>implying sleazy and porridge are not iconic enough to know what to except

You're missing the point. In 1979 no one knew who Throbbing Gristle was or what they were about. They would never get played on the radio and obviously there was no internet. So what happens when some nerd stiff walks into the record store and sees that album? They buy it, take it home, and realize they've been bamboozled. That's the point.

>only 11 tracks
literally consumer theft

Oh get fucked. It was 1979, the internet wasn't a thing so you couldn't know everything at all times, they'd only been around a few years, and they were not familiar to most. You wouldn't even necessarily know to connect the dots to their other projects unless you were hardcore.

You can't even necessarily make out that it's Beachy Head just in one go - you might well need the context of the track name to put that together. The name of the band is the single biggest tell on the front side of the package, but even that of itself doesnt' seal the deal - bands had been giving themselves edgy, groos and odd names already, yet actually churned out perfectly agreeable pop. Not so here, of course.

>band is called "Throbbing Gristle"
>this doesn't set off some kind of alarm

Genesis still looks weird as fuck in any context lol, they just have one of those faces

All the others look normal as hell, especially Cosey

Doesn't matter the band name. The fact that it says 20 Jazz Funk Greats and has a corny cover is enough to trick some cornball MOR listener into buying it.

figure it out son

What's your point? That's the reissue. I don't know what you're trying to argue. The band has said themselves that this was the purpose of the cover.

You jackasses will argue about anything.

yeah, you're right. it totally doesn't look like a jazz funk album either. no one would pick up on that...

it looks like a terrible album and it is
dunno what's so misleading there

So, for those that don't know, that's the actual genre?

Jazz Fusion

Meh. Lots of that album sounds like that cover.

haha my roommate used to play "Satan is Real Again" every fuckin day

youtube.com/watch?v=ANI03qFQFvI

im not even mad

I got in trouble for listening to this in middle school. Look at Your Game Girl is legitimately a great song

This is my favorite album, and I put off listening to it for so long because the cover made me think it was some stupid indie folk album

Not really

that RFTC track is really good

Anyone got a link to volume 2? I can only find the first one

nah there's definitely something off about that cover

the name is the most interesting thing. it sounds like some weird indie folk album name