Best hip hop album of this decade

Best hip hop album of this decade
prove me wrong

??

>hip-hop

WWWWWW

close second
close third

>he didnt sit his bitch ass down to listen to the true motherfucking story told by kendrick lamar on rose crane

OP confirmed bish

this or realistically

I just don't get the death grips craze honestly

like is it just because it's edgy sounding and loud?

That was easy

obviously not hiphop

I don't even know what genre niggas is

Easy

I still need to listen to a bunch of hiphop albums, but this shit is so fucking good. I think it'll probably remain one of my favorite hiphop albums.

But Jenny Death was the way better half of The Powers that B.

>kanye copies death grips but leaves out the things that make death grips good
>people call it best rap album of the decade

???

Hey the top 3 are all here

Sup p4k?

Easy

Yeezus is an excellent album, but once you hear Death Grips, it really does feel like a watered down version of DG. Still quite good though.

Jenny Death is the worst DG album besides GP.

>Jenny Death is the worst DG album besides GP.
I wish I had a reaction image for this bullshit.

"best friend" brought me from my stupid "music expert" mentality, and i started embracing te Alpha-male archtype of hip hop. thus i get laid a lot more now, and i enjoy drugs more now too

>Implying NLDW is better than Jenny Death

well you can just fuck right off

also the most groundbreaking experimental hip-hop album of the decade

No, it's Bottomless Pit. Jenny Death was at least interesting.

this

This is such an avant-garde album. How could anyone make in in 2016? Sounds like 2066.

what's up with this new Danny Brown meme?

*cough*

it's not a meme, it's a pinnacle of experimental music, and probably the best hip-hop album of the last 30 years
if you disagree, you have legitimately shit taste

This album and DS2 by Future are unironically up there

People will hate on this just because a lot of other people say it's their AOTY. Like it or not, it has basically no predecessor and is one of the most original sounding albums of the decade.

yup, Future and Thugga will go down as legends, assuming tey can have the right marketing behind them. idk seems like they have massive hype then fade away and come back. they deserve to take the crown from that bitch-ass aubrey

Fucking Fantano drones BTFO

>dg copies blackie on the first lp, and grimes on the a couple of following ones, but leaves out the things that make them good
>people call their albums the best hip-hop albums of the decade

??????

This album isn't even his best

Their bars are total shit though

*cough*

t.hopsin fan

> Implying The Life of Pablo is good.

i came here to post this
kys tbqh

> Implying The Life of Pablo isn't good.

I am so hyped for thuggers debut commercial album. If he can put some good hooks on it and maybe even some kind of lyrical theme that shit is going to be huge. The way he uses his voice is just so unique and brilliant not even just for hip hop but music in general.

I like Future for different reasons (excellent production, brilliant lyrical themes of being a "failed pop star") but I think he could go somewhere too. I didn't like Evol as much as DS2 and a lot of his mixtapes, I just want a DS3

>He listens to death grips once

it's not even the best danny brown album of the decade

Literally this lol, XXX will always be his best work

>lol

hi fantano

that and TPAB

>rose crane

"Experimental" doesn't mean shit in terms of what Danny Brown is doing. lol Yachty is just as experimental if not more than Danny Brown

you have got to be legit retarded to thing dying cat yelping over shit fart beats is better than Gambino, Ye, Weezy etc. you're a fucking dolt

>Childish Gambino
>Good

>all this fucking pitchfork rap

Post yours then

Stop doing this
Don't ruin a good album with your shit

Yes

>rose crane

holy fuck white people just stop

How can anyone stand his voice?

I'm not even joking, I can't even make it to the chorus on "Really Doe."

t. LARPing as a black guy

It's honestly between these two. TPAB displays higher musical technicality in its rhythms and polyphony, and Atrocity Exhibition displays higher variety of timbre in both its production and Danny's flow changes.

All Death Grips albums bar MAYBE The Money Store run into the problem of having each track be longer than it should be. They are a group that introduce excellent and novel ideas in each track, but then don't develop those ideas into anything else with usually only a minor variation ex. Hill's little electronic drum fill on Beware.

The whole record is sloppy, and not in a cool raw punk sorta way either. In an attempt to make a raw aggressive record marketable to a more mainstream audience, it's really not as optimized as it could've been. You got areas on production where it could've been more raw, or more bombastic to better achieve the goal of the album, Yeezy himself does some visceral performances on a couple tracks, but then becomes passable background guy who's unnecessarily speaking on other tracks because it feels like he's not really trying.

Madlib's the GOAT producer so there's nothing wrong with the production. But Gibbs' enunciation is very inconsistent and the gruff, unclear sound of his voice as a result doesn't always work with the rest of the music.

Not sure if this should even count for this topic. Being as much an "IDM", wonky, nu jazz, breakbeat as it is hip hop, nothing else can really be posted in this topic that contains the kind of melody, rhythms, and variety in both timbre and flow as this record unless non-hip hop starts getting posted.

What an amazing groundbreaking piece of art. Music hasn't had anything even close to this since Bach himself. Truly the GOAtest of the GOATs, unique, technical, etc.

Right below AE/TPAB, brought down imo because of inconsistent quality in features. Fuck Jay-Z.

actually interesting breakdown, thanks user

gkmc is better tho

that's it. it's over folks.

/thread

1. To Pimp A Butterfly
2. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
3. Atrocity Exhibition
4. good kid, mAAd city
5. The Money Store (or whatever your favorite DG album is)
6. Cosmogramma
7. Live. Love. ASAP.
8. Barter 6
9. Take Care
10. Blonde

Blonde isn't really hip hop but if it were it would be number 1 you fucking idiot.

Are you even trying OP?

Hip hop, not kpop, friendo

>kpop

Close, but no cigar

more like kpoop
xD

IDC what you think about the album as a whole but Ultralight Beam is one of the best songs of the decade.

>Barter 6 even being mentioned with those good albums
wew when will the Young Thug meme end?

actual candidate coming through.

HOW YOU LIKE MY ALBUM NYUGUH?

/thread