Whats your favorite rush album

whats your favorite rush album

Permanent Waves

Yes - Close to the Edge

Hemispheres

Power Windows

rush in rio for best live album

I've only ever heard moving pictures, are any of the other albums worth listening to?

A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres are GOAT

I'm also partial to Permanent Waves, but my fav Rush era is Signals-Presto. So many good songs but they couldn't pin them down to just one album

If you've only heard moving pictures listen to Signals and Permanent Waves next, then these

Moving Pictures - 10/10
Permanent Waves - 9/10
A Farewell to Kings - 9/10
Signals - 8/10
Rush - 7/10
2112 - 7/10
Caress of Steel - 7/10
Hemispheres - 6/10
Fly by Night - 5/10

The rest of their albums are nothing special.

Fly by Night is 8/10

My nigga

>no

I think i'm going bald!

Self Titled and Caress of Steel.

>Power Windows: 5
>Hold Your Fire: 7
u fucking wot m8?

>Moving Pictures = 10
Nice

Their debut is my all time favorite
and Fly By Night

I personally really like Hemispheres

Nice to see so much appreciation for s/t.

RUSH had a great discography in the 80s, but I also think Presto is a pretty good album. The 10 year stretch from 2112 to Power Windows is quality that few bands have had for that long of a time.

Even in some of their weaker albums there are some great songs and catchy riffs, like Time Stand Still or Show Don't Tell.

Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves are their best albums. They found their own voice, musically speaking, and rocked it.

Don't have one but the first three are GOAT!

rolls the bones is funny tier

Test for Echo and Vapor Trails is fucking trash m8

Rush s/t is like if led zeppelin wrote an album without doing stupid shit on it.

I think the self titled through a farewell to kings are all 7.5-8.0 material
hemispheres-moving pictures 9.5-10
signals-power windows 7
hold your fire-counterparts 5.5-6.5s
test for echo-clockwork angels 7

Power Windows

SIGNALSBOYZ

the intro to suburbs still gets me every time... the synth chords are so thicc and then neil brings in that beat with the bell hits

i meant subdivisions not suburbs fuck

Rush S/T has some of the best riffs I've heard in hard rock.

Roll the Bones is Geddy Lee rapping about polyester pants tier

It's basically an outtakes album, although Neurotica is kinda good.

That's the funny thing about Rush, if you're a fan of literally any kind of rock you'll find at least one album you enjoy. Personally I'm not a fan of the harder rock of the self title, and really like Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, and Moving Pictures.

>Moving Pictures a 10
pleb detected

If you really like both parts of Cygnus X1 how does that effect how you rate albums? They split a song over two god damn albums the leaf madmen

the one that had dadrock in it... lol.

A farewell to kings and hemispheres are their definitive albums.
Cygnus part 1 and 2 are their best tracks to date.
Moving pictures was a big disappointment to me, everywhere you go it's praised as their best album, but it's just boring as hell. YYZ and witch hunt are the only good songs on it.

All you guys in here appreciating rush makes me feel like I should listen to them. I always thought they were nerdy, but considering I've come to appreciate some Yes (more nerdy in retrospect) should I be able to appreciate a specific Rush album?

most dads only know moving pictures le tom sawyer so no

Farewell to Kings > Hemispheres > Permanent Waves > Grace under Pressure > 2112 > Fly by Night > Rush > Moving Pictures > Counterparts > Caress of Steel
haven't listened to the other ones

I'm already bald. Shit sucks

I've never really understood why people like Clockwork Angels. It sounds really tired to me. Everything until Moving Pictures is pretty much a 10 for me.