Dishes that really make you think

What the fuck is wrong with Somalians?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/diet/features/medicinal-uses-of-honey#1
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/571638?resultclick=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The same thing that's wrong with the Finns, apparently.

What's wrong with Somali food?

I don't think that's a normal banana, it's the other kind that you have to cook or it will kill you. Probably tastes different? I don't know.

Everything is wrong with Somalians

It puzzles me, first they claim their not black, but yet they eat bananas...

>9/10 Sup Forumserns will mistakenly identify the country where pic related is most accepted

hint: it's not USA

Bananas are fucking delicious you stupid Moor

Philippines?

>Don't knock it till you try it

>Don't knock it till you try it
In fact that's what exactly I'm going to do, though.

What if you cooked the rice in Pepsi instead?

it isn't. trust me, i'm brazilian.

IM half filipino and most filipino cuisine disgusts me.

fucking fish and rice everywhere ugh

Fucking Japan

There are Asian food shops here and Africans come in to buy huge green bananas that are poisonous unless you cook them. How do you explain that then?

I was gonna say Sweden but I honestly didn't know Filipinos and Japanese ate it too. Hmm.

>huge green bananas that are poisonous unless you cook them

never heard of this kind of banana
i'm not the quoted, toh

I'm pretty sure I saw this on Gaki no Tsukai

We have them in every supermarket (we actually have 4 types of bananas easily available everywhere), they are not poisonous and taste great when fried, you should try them.

Plantains? They're not poisonous, they're just better cooked. Green just means they haven't ripened yet.

Wow, 4 varieties of banana

Fish and rice are fine. They just obsess over sugar to a level that even scares Amerifats.

and what's that?

Is your banana business a source of national pride? How much do Brazilians actually like bananas?

You might be mistaking plantains with cassava friend

That's not a plantain, it's a simple banana

They go bananas!

>try ethiopian food
> everything is a bland curry, not as good as indian curry
>the staple carbohydrate is a cold, damp, floppy, sour-tasting pancake thing that you're meant to wrap the curry in
>the pancake is crap. 100 times less tasty than naan

so if somalian food is anything like ethiopian food, it sucks

All tropical countries have at least a few dozen varieties, most commonly available here would be dominico, macho, tabasco and your plain old vanilla Cavendish, but there's a whole bunch of different cultivars in our southern states, same thing with mangos. Cultivars for export are generally chosen for hardiness and ripening time, a lot of the specialty varieties don-t really make it into international trade because of that tho I'm sure they're available to those willing to pay enough. Plantains are just starcheir and not as sweet as regular bananas, a bit more tart when uncooked, tho you can fry the normal ones and barely tell much of a difference.

He's memeing, Brazilians are no more experts in bananas than anybody else.

you're supposed to eat everything with banana

that's their thing, they serve every meal with a fucking banana that you're supposed to eat with every mouthful of savory food.

Makes me want to try it desu.

But it's not always a sweet banana, it can be a bitter-tasting banana that is toxic unless you cook it first.

It's Bananas not Jews my Rammstein friend.

Lol great comment DEBBIE!!

Tell me more, my well-cultured Henrich.

Ever since I first heard of it, this banana-eating deal has interested me more than I'm afraid to admit!

What is the best use of a banana? How common are they in day-to-day life?

I think he just ate a green banana once and has had a trauma ever since.

>What is the best use of a banana?
definetly eating them
t. banana pro
>How common are they in day-to-day life?
every day-to-day

:(

Do you also eat sweet raw bananas in conjunction with savory dishes?

>eat everything with a banana
>LITERALLY ape culture

mention the finn and one shall appear :D

In kindergarden they used to feed us pasta with sugar. Sometimes pasta with milk and sugar.

Apes don't even like bananas that much. They prefer more rustic things like nuts and berries.

Here is Polish national dish. Soup from goose blood.

Sounds unhealthy. At least put honey instead.

It was in commie times there were no other food.

every country makes this

I eat with black vinegar.

We use horseradish or mustard.

>Sounds unhealthy.
>At least put honey instead.
Is this supposed to be a joke?

I expected somebody to make an okay racist Black joke but the thread blows it out of proportions with many replies. Instead there are food images and some food discussion. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Sauerkraut and anything that contains it. Polish bigos picrelated.

Honey is more healthy than sugar.

If you think there's any substantive difference you're fooling yourself.

Are you Somalian? Please, tell me more about your banana ways.

Wat? You don't like Sauerkraut?

You must be a falseflag because sauerkraut is gr8.

And kimchi.

They must have got the recipe from Romanians

Maybe not in the artificial piss honey that you get Ausfailia, but in German honey (comes from actual bees that feed on actual flowers, not sugarwater) there are a lot of other things.

>In a study that involved 139 children, honey beat out dextromethorphan (a cough suppressant) and diphenhydramine (an antihistamine) in easing nighttime cough in children and improving their sleep.
>Another study involving 105 children found that buckwheat honey trumped dextromethorphan in suppressing nighttime coughs.
webmd.com/diet/features/medicinal-uses-of-honey#1

Nettle soup

No sorry mate I'm just a Peruaner living in the U.S.A. No banana food here. Just tallarin verde and other nice food.

good lad. Headcheese is one of life's meager delights

A sugar pill would likely have the same effect given that honey is essentially sugar with a little water.

Jam from pine cones.

It`s not disgusting, it just feels very very strange though I`m used to it. I don`t know how to explain it, it just doesn`t fit in any food archetype and I feel like a wierdo while eating it. For a person who never tasted it, it would be something like an igunaq, i guarantee.

Was bread really hard to come by? When I was a kid I would sprinkle a bit of sugar and cinnamon on toast for a treat.

And to add, without giving your kid botulism.

pickled watermelons
I don't see how it's different from other fermented/pickled/мoчeныe/whatever food.

Sugar pills are often what they use for placebos so I'm pretty sure that would've showed up in the study if it were the case.

nobody eats it here твн, it's now mostly known from that one novel

We made sandwiches with rye bread, sunflower oil and salt. Such commie delicacy.

You have to eat it with something else, like dumplings or finger noodles.

That sounds good. Could even throw on some herring or other small fish for protein.

>peruvian pesto pasta

Nice

will try when our basil is in season again

shown

I'll have to take their word for it i suppose given that i don't see the paper cited anywhere. I'm sure this site that also espouses acupuncture has chosen only methodologically sound material.

If you take the banana out I'd probaly eat it
unless the banana adds some flavor only somalians know about

anyone eats these as well? canned peaches on top of which we put a tuna-mayonnaise salad

that"s the worst I can do when it comes to our food, although it's actually pretty good

>remove the banaynay

but that's literally the point U DUMB FUCKIGN CANUCK

Maybe not at home but I've seen in in Polish/Lithanian restaurants.

Actually that's a common misconception. The sauce uses different ingredients and while it may look like pesto, its taste and texture is obviously different. The ones online seem too extravagant and has some unnecessary ingredients. All you really need are some unsalted crackers, spinach (doesn't matter if it's in a paste tube or not), and some milk. Then you blend it all up and there you go. There may or may not be one item and I think it might be basil, but I don't believe I use that. I would show you but I'm not home at the moment and so I don't have my ingredients.

endives rolled up in thick ham, tons of cheese and soaking in bechamel sauce

typical winter meal here

>spinach

dude, are you sure you're translating that right? Spinach doesn't have nearly as much flavor as Basil does.

That's what I eat few days ago. Lamprey. Some fish parasite. Smoked.
Good with beer.

would eat desu

Does it taste anything like eel?

A bit different. Eel is better desu.

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/571638?resultclick=3

In favor of your argument, they do discuss another study that showed there is a huge placebo effect associated with any sweet-tasting cough syrup.

But as far as I understand it DM is sweet as well (most likely sugar), and since honey works better than DM, there has to be something in honey other than sugar that makes it work.

Yep it's spinach my boy. It's supposed to give it a flavor that complements the noodles that you use. If you make the mixture right it makes it very tasty. You can also eat it with steak but I personally prefer and eat it with fried chicken or fried beef.

kek

OKay wow. And we can definitely handle fried chicken in the states. Will try this out.

If you post a typical weeknight recipe for the dish I'll be sure to save it. I'm moving out soon and I need a rotation of simple but good dishes to make, and American food is so fucking bland.

I would love to user but at the moment my little recipe book is at my house, and I'm staying at a friend's place for the night. Oh but wait maybe you can do this instead. Look up "receta de tallarines verdes peruanos" on youtube and look at the ingredients they the uploaders uses when making the sauce. You can try those because as I mentioned before the Western ones online on the food websites make it like they're trying to make pesto. I wish you luck user.

Perfect, thank you.

Too bad. I wonder if the Japs have lamprey sashimi

Rock on user.

fuck up your mouth cunt you're a fucking turkey

yeah you're right apes have more culture than niggers t. merkal

Sweet candy bar made from cow blood.

they reakky make me think about vaginas

really*