What is Sup Forums's opinion on Neon Genesis Evangelion?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it was great

It's the Neon Genesis Evangelion of anime

good show ruined by horrific fanbase, glad anno pissed them all of in EoE

misato best girl

THE END OF EVANGELION is the greatest film to come out of Japan in the last 20 years, save maybe STILL WALKING

the series is pretty good too

Loved it.

Favorite anime.

I don't watch a whole lot of anime tho.

i just finished the anime, but i havent seen EoE yet, is it a better finale for the anime than the anime's finale itself?

depends on what you liked about the show. worth watching either way though

You mean you actually watched those last two episodes of endless monologues? EoE is much better.

It's probably the best and most intelligent science fiction show that's ever been on television.

its worth watching, in some ways its better than the shows ending, other ways its much worse

NGE is truly, the most patrician anime to ever be created.

could you please explain to me those "other ways" without giving any spoilers?

yes, its not a bad ending for the anime, i actually liked them, but it feels like a closure for shinji (and shinji is not that interesting, his parents are) not for neon genesis evangelion

sucks. overrated as fuck. giant robot critique elements are good, but all emo shinji, bullshit metaphysical ending sucked.

It's shit and not even the best anime from Gainax

>not lain

wew lad

Concidering how fucking shit most anime is, you can't really complain much. EoE is overated weevbo trash though.

>"other ways" without giving any spoilers
its hard to without it, basically: when its presenting its deeper themes and messages its really really good, other times it feels like he just threw wierd and fucked up shit in there just for the sake of it

it's actually The Tatami Galaxy or Texhnolyze

I bet you think Transformers is a masterpiece :^)

pacing issues, incessant unnecessary cuts for the bridge techs to spout exposition

It's so boring, hard to get past few the first episodes
According to everyone else it gets better but with Code Geass I was hooked instantly, this is just meh so far. Gah.

nope but nice try
code suck-ass

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially Sup Forums.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.

i've never understood how people enjoy Code Gayass

has SHAFT ever made anything good

thanks, guess ill have to watch it then

Poor man's seventh seal

>watching more than 10 animes
wew

the animation looks fucking horrible, thats one of the reasons i decided not to watch it

It was exciting, compelling and had a diverse cast of characters each fleshed out, and you wanted to root for more then one of them, with interesting tricks to it as well.

weeaboos always try to pretend evangelion is some beautiful work of cinema because they have invested so much time in a genre meant for children and pedophiles.

(You)
>___ is a worse version of ____

hello reddít!

>le anime is for pedophiles meme
nice shitpost faggot

best anime

>pedophiles
There are no prepubescent children in anime.

Anime is not for children either. Some of it is.

KINO

1) it sucks
2) it sucks so admittedly that the creator tries to george lucas it with his mounds of money
3) any sort of enjoyment or lesson that could be from this show is lost in its clumsy story telling that wasn't paced properly, even though it was an anime first.

youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA

one of the few shows and films that are actually kino

rebuild is soulless though

animekino

there hasn't been another anime of its kind. so many try to come close, but fail in creating intelligent, self-aware characters along with wonderful, symbolic imagery.

easily my favorite anime

>assblasted gundam fans upset their animoo gets no love

may hideki anno have mercy on your soul

Nothing god-tier or anything but I enjoyed it.

NGE and 0079/Zeta Gundam are two of the best anime ever created, like one to the exclusion of the other shows a lack of maturity in taste.

Kino means cinema.

but "kino" as a meme has grown to mean the epitome of quality media.

It means cinema and that's all it means.

I just watched the third part of the remake last night. If there's anything at all that it's meant to to the franchise I still haven't found it.
>Hikari best girl
Fixed.
If you think 14 is pedo you're in the wrong place.

>that's all it means

sorry, but that's not how memes work.

Sup Forums-core

I don't care about your memes. You are using the word incorrectly.

This one is.

>bullshit metaphysical ending

Either way it's still the same ending. EoE just fleshes it out more. Plus it's honestly worth watching just for Komm, Susser Todd.

>clumsy story telling that wasn't paced properly
pleb

>You are using the word incorrectly.
sorry, but that's not how memes work.

I love Eva.

Personal and character-driven stories should be attempted more often in tv. People will tell you it would never sell but it's been a long time and Eva is still printing money. It's got 'robots,' action, waifus and interesting conspiracy/science-fiction elements to it but I think that Eva owes most of its success to having the balls to go for introspection and character studies of neurotics. I think that the audience was there all along but before Eva they didn't really have anything to scratch the itch, or even know they had it.

Love & Pop is Anno's best work, followed by that one hentai he worked on.

I get the Ideon part but how is Gundam aside from the fact that Shinji is a kind of 'pilot' and isn't too enthusiastic? Introspection was never really Tomino's thing. The show feels like it's blatantly paying homage to Ideon at times but the Gundam comparison I'm not feeling.

>cinema
tv

yes, it is the real ending. fuck the 2 last episodes

Fuck your retarded memes. You are using the word incorrectly. Kino means cinema. When you say something is kino you are saying it's a movie, i.e. you are not saying anything at all.

weeb garbage

>words cant have multiple meanings

m8, this is Sup Forums in 2016, its all about the memes now

>When you say something is kino you are saying it's a movie
i thought cinema?
what is it, newfag?

Fuck off you autistic faggot

Go jerk off into your dictionary faggot. Languages are and always have been flexible.

Congratulations, Sup Forums

Interesting. Though a really negative show in a lot of places.
Still, you never forget it. It stays with you forever.

>i thought cinema?
Yes?

>newfag
What?

You are just using words incorrectly and spouting useless gibberish as a result.

yui is the only acceptable choice for waifu desu

>ou are just using words incorrectly and spouting useless gibberis
thats how memes work

here's a list to help you better understand the various categories for ranking motion pictures in terms of quality.

That's how misusing words and spouting useless gibberish works. You are just making excuses.

I was 14 when I first watched evangelion, I did not know EoE existed and thought that the congratulations scene was the real end. I was so fucking pissed

>i thought cinema
>Yes?
>When you say something is kino you are saying it's a movie
what is it now

How do you use a word incorrectly? If I'm using it consistently and am aware of what I'm doing it's not wrong. We just disagree. If I said 'gay' and meant 'homosexual' rather than 'happy' would you say I'm using the word wrong? At which point does a words updated definition become acceptable to you? Why do you decide when it's official?

What are you talking about?

its not gibberish when everybody but newfags knows what it means. thats how language works.

I know you're being ironic but this is shit

Stop making excuses.

It's fun and creative but kinda dumb and childish. Anno doesn't really understand humans and human behavior.
It's funny because it seems like people praise it mostly for the realistic characters.

nope

Yes you are.

Anime' sending happens inside Shinji's head

EoE ending is happening outside the Eva/Shinji's perspective

Both a valid and different PoVs of the same event

Excuses for what? You're the only one here who thinks there's something that needs excusing. What you're doing is like if I told you to stop making excuses for sitting on your ass rather than your head. Do you see how this line of thinking is getting us nowhere? You need to convince me that saying 'kino' to mean 'sublime aesthetic experience' rather than 'cinema' is wrong. It's not something which can be asserted because language is subjective.

spoken like a true retard

why the fuck are you faggots arguing about some stupid jap word, we're here to discuss evangelion, not fucking syntax

Ritsuko's thighs saved anime in 1995.

>Yes you are.
stop being childish

Excuses for misusing words.

>You need to convince me that saying 'kino' to mean 'sublime aesthetic experience' rather than 'cinema' is wrong.
It's not what kino means.

You fucking idiots keep doing this all the time and you can't think or communicate clearly because nothing means anything to you. You have no grasp of anything because you have no words to make sense of things.

So you can't explain what you're talking and yet I'm the retard? No, that's not how that works.

It's not a Japanese word. Kino is a dumb Sup Forums meme. I think it comes from Vertov's 'absolute kinography'.

>old hag

This man has it right.

this.
they were kind of interesting but ultimately failed as a finale

How am I being childish?

I couldn't get through the original Gundam when I tried to watch it, and haven't seen any other Gundam series, except for random episodes of whatever was on Cartoon Network when I was 8.
People like Evangelion because of the characters, which are deep, stay with me, and well thought out. All of the main characters have specific issues caused by specific things that affects them and their actions. They act consistently, and when they change it is believable, in my opinion.
I've watched 2 anime series by Tomino, Ideon and Zambot 3, and liked both quite a lot, but they by no means did the things that Evangelion did better than Evangelion.
Ideon's characters are pretty well thought out for the time, and have consistent personalities, but are a lot shallower than Evangelions characters, and the same goes for Zambot 3, though to a lesser extent as the characters were not as well fleshed out.
Those shows weren't nessecarily worse than Evangelion for those reasons, because they weren't trying to be what Evangelion was trying to be.
Also EoE is better than Be Invoked, even though Be Invoked is fucking great.
Rebuilds are a mess and I have fucking no clue what to say about them.

>So you can't explain what you're talking and yet I'm the retard? No, that's not how that works.
no, you just lack reading comprehension.
why should i repeat myself a 3rd time?

It gets way more love than it should.

Unless you are talking about the west, but then less love is usually for the best.

You can't explain what you mean.

Yes you are

>not fucking syntax
nobody's talking about syntax here. Have you never studied language in your life? The argument is purely about the definition of one word.

As far as Gainax thighs go Ritsuko doesn't really blow my mind. Gunbuster was straight-up 'Thighs: The Anime.'

Is English your second language? You write like an autistic Finnish (redundant I know) Sup Forums poster. And you aren't really making any points here.

>You have no grasp of anything because you have no words to make sense of things.
Who says we have no grasp of anything? You? If we can all say 'kino' at each other and understand each other what's the problem? You sound like the one with the problem.

Original Gundam is amazing though. The first few episodes are masterpieces of pacing that in my opinion stand above even Eva's opening.

How?

Using words correctly is not autism or indicative of a lack of understanding of the language.

>Who says we have no grasp of anything? You?
Yes, because I've seen it over, over and over again.