Sufjan Steven VS Herbie Hancock

Ok since a certain SOMEONE can't realize who's the superior musician, I decided to make a poll so we could see...

strawpoll.me/11946624

suf baby

What the fuck do Herbie Hancock and Sufjan Stevens have to do with each other

WRONG.

herbie hancock shares a similar trait with all musicians in relation to Sufjan Stevens: Sufjan Stevens is better than him

Absolutely nothing!
In another thread someone is insisting Sufjan is better
(Note: He isn't).

not what the numbers say

FUCKING SNAKES!

ALL OF YOU!

sufjan
stevens
is
better

Who would ever not vote for Herbie Hancock in this situation? Someone who's never listened to him, obviously, like all of the plebs on Sup Forums.

his name has cock in it and sufjan likes to play with other mens cocks hehehehehehe!

YES! SOMEONE SMART ON THIS THREAD! FINALLY!

....So who are you voting for?

No he isn't! The tide will turn! I'm certain!

HERBIE! HERBIE! HERBIE!

YES YES YES!

SUFJAN SUFJAN SUFJAN

Suf in the lead. This board doesn't have musicians on it.

herbie here
suf is better

it has patricians on it :)

Herbie BTFO

if you dont vote for sufjan stevens, your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

Fraud.

Snake

We almost took the lead :(

>patricians
ebin

fucking context?

>Patritians
>Not voting for Herbie

There seems to be a contradiction here.

its because of my thread

there is no context it's just sufjan vs herbie

CLEARLY you people don't know good jazz seeing as Sufferin is winning, so I guess I have to post my argument again.

Never listened to Herbie, but I think I'm going to go with Herbie on this one.

if you vote for Herbie then you're gay

Easy way to know if someone is fucking cheating: install Hola VPN onto your browser and select one of the options, usually the first, and try to vote on the poll. It will tell you if it had already been voted with that identity. I don't feel like doing it so someone else should.

>Sufjan Steven is top voted
What is this? Pleb hours?

*Questioning my sexuality
There's a difference...

Also HERBIE'S RISING AGAIN WE MIGHT WIN THIS!

See this guy gets it.

It's anybody's game..

Don't be a snake....

oh shit
suffy takes the lead

hola is spyware don't install

SNAKES! ALL OF THEM!

herbie is a better instrumentalist but sufjan is a better songwriter

Just pick one. And pick the right one.

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm not going to do it because I don't have it installed.

These are some crazy battles that can only ever happen on Sup Forums. No matter who wins, I"m just be glad I got to experience it

I'm losing hope...

They're even again. This is a nail-biter for sure.

HERBIE TAKES THE LEAD!!!! 4 POINTS!!!!

Herbie Hancock is a cool as heck name.

Suffy no !!

I'm glad Herbie's in the lead but I'm concerned there's some fuckery going on. Sup Forums is just too pleb to vote Herbie.

Lets see who plays more instruments again?

Sufjan

Sufjan is better

hold on something is not right here

THERE IS A GOD.

His instrumentation and name is on fleek.

Also Suffy STILL has the stupid fucking hat.

Doing your research I see. Me likey.

Fine, none of you guys did it so I made the effort. I just installed Hola and yes, there are ones that have already been used to vote on the poll. Guaranteed fucktards. Game's over folks. Nothing definitive will come from this.

ITS CALLED ORIGINALITY OK SUFJAN HAS INDIVIDUALITY

I guess the Sup Forums jazz revival has been successful.

if dubs, the fakers were voting for herbie

So does Herbie.
Only his is better :3

what if i like both equally

No, I tried voting for Herbie a couple times to test and see if anyone had been faking and only three were not used. Bahrain, Belarus, Brunei is where it started to show someone had been samefagging with those VPNs. I scrolled all the way down to try Zambia and someone had too. It's one lonely samefag. Fun's over folks.

If you like both equally vote for Herbie.

Also, I should also add that this is what happens in all these poll threads. There's no point of these posts because of the Hola-fagging.

I think ima vote for the guy with the cool font and dope hat.

TRAITOR!

Granted, Predatory Wasp is a little gay for me to sing out loud, but ill be damned if its not a good song.
>Jacksonville
>Feel the Illinoise part 1
>Get Real, Get Right
>I Want to Be Well
Lets be real here, people. I havent even listened to Carrie & Lowell and i feel confident voting for Sufjan

But Herbie has:
>Watermelon Man
>Canteloupe Island
>Mimosa
>Wiggle Waggle
>Chameleon
>Butterfly
>Good Question

Those are some god damn dope songs family.

Herbie Hancock was a crucial, ahead of his time figure in movements in the 60s and 70s which have now gone on to basically define a huge portion of all popular music that exists now, most notably electronic and hip hop. He was literally one of the first musicians, to embrace and master the synthesizer and create entire songs heavily utilizing it within the western popular music idiom. The fucking synthesizer. As in the type of instrument that is used to create 90% of the sounds in modern pop now. His track Chameleon is one of the first to have a synth bass line. The album it comes off, Head Hunters, pretty much birthed a whole world of grooves that went on to develop into early hip hop. He also use syntherisizers and effects units in some of the earliest combinations of avant garde electronic music and groove music. His piano playing and voicings and especially use of the fender rhoades in the 70s is one of the most direct influences that can be traced to 90s/00s/10s neo soul and RnB. Over the course of decades the man has released dozens of albums and still continues to be relevant to this day, collaborating with artists like Flying Lotus, not to mention the scores of hip hop tracks featuring samples from his work.
Sufjan Stevans may be brilliant. But comparing him to an actual giant figure in the history of 20th and 21st century western music is laughable. And arguing it's "because Sufjan has originality and individuality" is, fuck I don't even know how to describe that. Beyond irony, beyond comedy. Just fucking ignorant basically.

sufjan stevens is better

Silly goose. Sufjan is for kids.

at least Sufjan isnt a nigger

h e r b i e
e
r
b
i
e

S M A R T
M
A
R
T

Rude.

No.

Yes.

i am content with the knowledge that herbie posting is just a meme and will die off and sufjan will always show up intermittently

I will live forever, you bastard.

Nein.

>92 votes

>20 posters

absolute crock of horseshit

Thank you for this quality post user, it's always rare to obtain a thoughtful response amidst the shitposting here.

underrated

Herbie is a better musician, Suf a better lyricist.

Herbie easily, Sufjan hasn't released a single album with half as much impact that Head Hunters did.

Early to judge, but it isn't a fair comparison to begin with.

You can't even compare these two, Herbie is way better