This whole thing is awkward, mean-spirited and everyone is kind of pathetic
How is it so fucking funny? It shouldn't be this fucking funny

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atxZKT4HBdM
youtube.com/watch?v=9cyx6nWdFas
youtube.com/watch?v=6MjTh5tFiZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They should have kept the original intro song.

It's not funny.

it's the tale of robot and Sup Forumstard basically

>rewatch peep show
>references to bush and the iraq war
>it's been 13 years since the first episode came out

>This whole thing is awkward, mean-spirited and everyone is kind of pathetic
That's what makes it funny.

It's cringe humor. What makes it so funny is how real it is.

>"And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like I like you"

Did it really need the POV gimmick?

Yes

Well yeah because the internal dialogue made the show

Definitely

Only depressed losers like the British have the heart for this shit. Being miserable is daily life there, but this shit is painful to watch for people not accustomed to such misery.

Thanks, now I have to watch it

Niggered amerifat detected
Keep telling that to yourself, fatso

I can't imagine it working without the pov

yeah they should be more like seth rogan

>americans
>understanding comedy

>Americans understanding comedy without a laugh track to indicate when something humorous has occurred and it is now their time to start clapping

Just watched the first episode finally. Shit is fucking hilarious.

Its not really cringe humor in the american way where you want to kill yourself because of the embarrassment/get pissed off at the characters because of how dumb they are.
Its just sarcastic comedy towards daily shit made x20 worse from what Ive seen.

I remember watching this on an MDMA comedown and I couldn't laugh so it became the most depressing thing I'd ever watched. Literally made me want to kill myself

They are horrible people but horrible things happen to them and they are like us so we can relate.

>Its not really cringe humor in the american way where you want to kill yourself because of the embarrassment/get pissed off at the characters because of how dumb they are.
>Its just sarcastic comedy towards daily shit made x20 worse from what Ive seen.

Wait until the second episode and you'll change your mind.

Sup Forums

Are we the bad guys?

Is being bad contrarian yet?
If so then yes.

Who was the best side character?
Johnson for me

If contrarian is bad then only a fate WORSE than that of the SS would be appropriate by this point.

I speak for us all, but i truly have sinned, i only post on here, Sup Forums and /vr/ god save me.

Jeff

JEFF?!

This fucking guy...

It doesn't, there was a pilot for an American remake without the POV and it unsurprisingly it was garbage

Are you stupid?

They basically drop it in later seasons

"You could have your cock in her, you still wouldn't have the balls to fuck."

Daryl.

i'm not an expert on the series BUT

>that girl that he almost fucked
>that he later got around to his apartment with her husband

She was cute as FUCK. Even when that POV cam got awkward it wasn't as awkard as my dick shivering and shaking as it lost a gram of milk to her face.

I started watching this as 25, watching the last episode at 35 really brought the feels as you kids call it.

I couldn't believe it, 10 years this show was with me, through thick and thin, my favourite show ever and it's gone, like dust in the wind ;_;

I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilential congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither.

Jeff was bro tier as fuck. Just wanted to go the pub with his mates, play pool, drink beer and pull some slags. He didn't even want to punch Mark that time because he knew Mark was in a bad place, until Mark kept pushing him.

I feel sorry for him, Mark was a dick and kept trying to cuck him

Fuck off Chad

Mark was in the wrong for what he did to Daryl.

yeah nah don't get me wrong, Jess was a champ, definitely mate status in terms of bar nights

not for Mark but Mark is basically serial killer tier

youtube.com/watch?v=atxZKT4HBdM

Good writing 2bh. There's no reason why it shouldn't be funny, you don't have to make the central characters cool or likeable and full of normie garbage like Friends that's full of sentimentality and relationship drama. Sadly that where the big bucks is because most people are plebs like this guy that would find something like PS unpleasant and uncomfortable to watch instead of having a sense of humor about the realities of life and human nature.

Jeff*

Mark getting the Stevie G cake for Gerard's funeral was my favourite bit.

fuck you

I want to put my dick in the dob

>gotta have a wake cake!

>something like this will never happen to you

>british women

alcohol

chicks are hornier than even yourself

leave the house

>alcohol

Enjoy murdering your internal organs, druggie

Hans obviously if he counts, if not Johnson

Yeah and that sucks.

yeah she looks like katerina hartlova

>googling

wow, thanks. I mean, yeah! She does!

I don't find Dobby attractive but this is one of the sexiest things ever.

Well, im starting to get it now. This show is pure torture, but its still funny

I've been in the UK for almost 4 years now and this is the most British thing I've heard in a while

I didn't know someone in their late 30s could still be such a pretentious wanker.

the quick cuts between camera views really fuck me up sometimes

Her not-hotness adds to it somehow
>That eye contact and knowing smile

>not really cringe humor
I'm watching episode one where Mark is trying to hit on Toni using the Battle of Stalingrad as a source of pickup lines.

Yep, that's us. Now go watch a moose piss on Adam Sandler's face, will ya?

I'm glad I'm the not the only one who doesn't like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=9cyx6nWdFas

>amerihumour

So...if that ever happens in real life what are you suppose to do? Take out benis and insert into vagoo right there?

>Gerard

Mark: (After hearing Gerard died.) "Jeremy, G-Gerard just died... of the flu.

Jeremy: HA!! That's soooo Gerard.

You haven't had the talk yet? Poor child...

My beautiful elephant man.

Daily reminder that more than half of British comedy is a MI5 psyop which includes Peep Show, Little Britain, Ricky Gervais, all the panel shows and much more.

It is not for entertainment. It's the weaponization of atheistic gurning irony to sap the moral courage of the Brit and make them fear ridicule lest they lift their eyes beyond the space just in front of their feet to see their ethnic replacement.

Most of it is made by one satanic oxbridge cabal that all know each other and they are all jewish lapdogs. They are guns for hire, hitmen of the soul.

Seems plausible.

They dont but they do more creative ones like a cows pov

>Daily reminder that more than half of British comedy is a MI5 psyop which includes Peep Show, Little Britain, Ricky Gervais, all the panel shows and much more.

>It is not for entertainment. It's the weaponization of atheistic gurning irony to sap the moral courage of the Brit and make them fear ridicule lest they lift their eyes beyond the space just in front of their feet to see their ethnic replacement.

>Most of it is made by one satanic oxbridge cabal that all know each other and they are all jewish lapdogs. They are guns for hire, hitmen of the soul.

trips of truth

couldn't help but read this in Mark's voice

>hey cleanshirt, how do you get your shirt so clean?

Because comedy doesn't have to make you smile. It just has to make you laugh.

fucking jeff

Their sketch comedy show is pretty good.

Peep Show is a badly written, poorly portrayed story about two really awful people.

It's like It's Always Sunny if it was written after multiple concussions.

Their sketch comedy is mostly shit jokes or reused jokes you no taste cretin.

Britfag here and I agree. Peep Show is just fucking painful to watch and not in a good way. The Office was also cringe / painful to watch, but at least in that, David Brent is clearly someone you laugh at. You don't sympathise with him. He's not you. He's your stupid boss, or your stupid teacher, or whatever. Whereas the appeal of Peep Show is meant to be "yes, I relate to these insecurities, I am also just as pathetic and sad as these characters".

I can't see why anyone would find such an experience entertaining? Unless they are a masochist?

It isn't funny.

You don't have to relate to the god damn main characters to be able to enjoy a show.
Mark and Jeremy are both horrible cretins whose insecurities and shenanigans are funny, and only occasionally perhaps a tiny bit relatable.

I think it makes people feel better because they realize that they're not the only people thinking about that stuff or doing awkward shit.

>Why does everything have to be fun to be worthwhile? "Crick and Watson have discovered the Double Helix", "Did they do it on a skateboard?", "No", "Well, fuck off then, I'm not interested."

>cretin
Britbong detected
Go brush your teeth, you disgusting nigger lover

they're not the ones who elected one as their leader in charge

Hmmmm..

i mainly find it funny because i know a lot about the more miserable sides of WW2 like the concentration camps and shit like Mark does, and you just can't share that shit with anyone in any sort of detail.

>mention Auschwitz

sure everyone know about that one

>bring up the reverse hangings in Dachau

Yeah, no sex tonight.

The first 5 series are 10/10, the last 2 were pretty weak apart from some moments

The dinner party in the last series was top tier.

I go to a state sixth form with no black people in it and previously went to a school with only 3 black people in my year, probably less diverse than anywhere in your country burger boy

>that bit where hes drawing the mold onto the cheese

Kid Cave episode was the best

Jeff is so based.

What makes you think I'm american, mr denture's happy weekend?

It resounds with you and all the other robots because you're all the same kind of pathetic, worthless shits. Difference being, he gets laid, so you think that it will also happen to you because, for all intents and purposes, he IS you.

What's the difference between good cringe humor and bad cringe humor?

I loved The Office but found the new David Brent trailer to just be trying too hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=6MjTh5tFiZM

Why does Mark live in a shitty flat with somebody else? He's got a degree in economics and a good job.