Is this movie worth watching again in 2016?

Is this movie worth watching again in 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LFY_6mSBi9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It doesn't just hold up well, it's actually getting better because movies like this couldn't be made anymore.

>because movies like this couldn't be made anymore.

why not

Some of the effects and performances are cheesy but yes, apart from let the right one in there haven't been any similar movies lately.

All white cast.

Because diverse casts are more important than aesthetics and setting to most contemporary directors

Has there ever been a weirder casting than having Antonio Banderas play a teenage slav boy?

>Banderas
>white

It was a high budget blockbuster horror movie with an ensemble cast and a complex story (compared to modern films of similar production value) with controversial elements like pedophilia and homosexuality.
No modern film studio would ever take a risk like this. Not on a scale like that.

But how much of a risk was it? Anne Rice's novel was a bestseller.

That's the point. It wasn't a risk back then, but it is today.

No. It didn't age well.

It's awful

It's my favorite gay movie.

now if it doesn't have super heros or mutant turtles hollywood doesn't want it.

and yes, it aged well.

... controversy about all the pedophilia in anne rice novels is the main reason she got a few best sellers.

The movie was also controversial as well.

Just because you weren't there for it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

it had such a great soundtrack though

youtube.com/watch?v=LFY_6mSBi9E

Don't know about 2016 but I did rewatch it in 2012 or 13 and it was pretty good.
risk.you know how everyone these days loves every movie that comes out (like deadpool) but few weeks later they go "wait a minute" in the past it was the same but in reverse. anne rice hated the very idea of this movie but in the end fell in love with it.no one is willing to risk it since most studios this days make all their money in the opening weeks.

When saying white people usually mean visually white, so they include latinos and jews.
true.I don't remember it very well but I think yago was black in the book and lestat's maker was middle eastern.in modern they they would get a whole subplot about muh slavery or Allah .

today it would be bloodrayne
book adaptation means less when books like divergent and maze runner are getting 3 movies. production guys just tune out and focus on shitting something out fast and cheap. since liberal arts people took over,getting NY times bestseller is easy as fuck(I think even julie kagawa managed it)

>favorite gay movie.
not brokeback
>not favorite pedo movie

I did like two weeks ago.