>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j3lH_Tevw5o
youtube.com/watch?v=-utT-BD0obk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCkpcBVPghg
youtube.com/watch?v=6l5sEvC0SpY
youtube.com/watch?v=Jci-7MFUN0w
youtube.com/watch?v=DvVmqnNBo9w
youtube.com/watch?v=0Gh-U9T7T4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Sm8ycb5zjoo
youtube.com/watch?v=oB3iqb93xOc
youtube.com/watch?v=XU4yAk6qYUs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kni1H2idKOs
youtube.com/watch?v=6emElQDVqF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

7 string

Wake me up when winter break ends, lads. I can't take the constant shitposting anymore. At least the usual threads have a 1:1 ratio of shitposts to actual posts

Burn it then drown it

>tfw no strat

>only non-retarded person
>links to a post, not the thread
Nice try retard.

When I was copy-pasting I didn't delete the post number

It's still a post from the old thread :^)

>tfw 4 strats

stop fucking around

how do you even play this, like can you only strum or if you can pick do you have to hold both the strings down and pick them both at once

Yeah you can pick just fine. The strings are grouped in twos like a 12-string guitar, it would be hard to pick just one of them instead of both. Same thing with fretting, you just fret both as if it were one string. It's not hard at all, try one and you'll see

might do that, i've heard them before and it sounded sort of cool.

It's easier than it first looks.

Each course (pair) of strings can be played like a single string on a guitar - 12 string guitars and lutes work the same way

youtube.com/watch?v=j3lH_Tevw5o

Mandolin is really not suited to being a solo classical instrument

There's plenty who'd disagree, although it's not for everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=-utT-BD0obk

Mandocello fits that role much nicer

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCkpcBVPghg

Electric mandocello would be hella rad

Man I hate playing bars.

Last night I had a guy open my passenger door and sit in my car while I was trying to load up my gear after the gig. Thought I was his Uber ride. When I told him he wasn't, he offered to suck my dick for a ride.

I got done at 2am but couldn't finish loading up for another hour after because the place was absolutely jam packed.

Fuck drunks.

>Thought I was his Uber ride
>When I told him he wasn't, he offered to suck my dick for a ride
Fucking gold 10/10

Hey Sup Forums, i wan't a 7string guitar and i have to choose between those two:

FGN expert elan dark evolution (1300€)
Or
Mayones Setius alpha (1500€)

Any experience with them, which one would you get?

i haven't really played in years but I was just looking up some of my old favorites

youtube.com/watch?v=6l5sEvC0SpY
youtube.com/watch?v=Jci-7MFUN0w
youtube.com/watch?v=DvVmqnNBo9w
youtube.com/watch?v=0Gh-U9T7T4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Sm8ycb5zjoo
youtube.com/watch?v=oB3iqb93xOc
youtube.com/watch?v=XU4yAk6qYUs

great blog

discuss

Still the Mayones

Hehe you again. Well ok, then the mayones. Thanks

Mayonnaise Setius

There are unfortunately not many reviews of this guitar.

I love Rock and/or Roll music.

>course (pair)
Isn't a course a set of strings rather than a pair ? Like for instance you could have three strings in a course.

That's neat. Is there anything like a mandocello but with an extended upper range ? I could definitely see that working for black metal by the way.

That chart seems a bit wrong, Metallica is thrash metal (or trash metal in their latter releases), and definitely did not influence Punk, it's the other way around. Same with Motorhead.

why is country music before folk music

that dont make no sense

>Is there anything like a mandocello but with an extended upper range
Yeah, they're called 12-string acoustic guitars

A course can be any multiple of strings within reason, but paired is the most common.

I was trying to not complicate things too much

Oh shit I feel dumb now. They're not the same tuning but it should be close enough.

Yeah I guessed so afterwards.

All the basses I'm interested in are active ones. What are some good passive ones?

you first

Pedals

>learning Digital - Joy Division on bass
>doing pretty well, got the first part down
>realise theres over 10 slight variations of the riff played seemingly randomly
>cannot memorise the order of which they are played at all
HALP

>>/pg/

If you can't remember it the audience won't notice it

You can bypass the preamps on active basses dude, you just need a small bit of soldering, or even add a switch so you can go from active to passive in case your 9v battery runs out.
Although unless you're buying cheap basses, preamps are great.

>bass
the audience won't notice it

pedal general when?

when will this meme die?
Have you ever played live without a bass guitar? you can tell the difference

>you
>suicide watch
pick two

Soon I hope, also need a low/high input general.

Sure thing friend :^)

so theres no method on learning this kind of stuff? how did the original bassist manage to do it instead of just dumbing it down to 3 riffs

probs just made it up on the spot

Is BOSS DD-7 capable of creating Frippertronics? I know it has roughly enough delay time, but is it really feasible for Frippertronics without a volume pedal?

Pedals

Probably just played what he felt like each time. Maybe even some of the variations were just mistakes? You're not playing a fucking Beethoven symphony, stop being so uptight.

>You're not playing a fucking Beethoven symphony, stop being so uptight.
i just want to do it correctly mang, i didnt know i was allowed to alter a song

pretty neat

Interested in getting this but what would I know I've never owned a pedal in my life heh

>Have you ever played live without a bass guitar? you can tell the difference
That's highly dependant on the band. Reggae, Funk ? Yeah it'll sound like shit without a bassist. Death metal ? You'll get by more than fine without one.

Does it sound okay? You're allowed to do it.

Metallica influenced 90s punk, which may be what they're talking about

>Death metal ? You'll get by more than fine without one
No, it still sounds like trash without it. My bassist's amp overheated in the middle of the last song in our set not too long ago and everything just loses so much power. Bass is important, it's okay to admit it

The guy was probably improving anyway. I bet live he didn't play it the same way he did in the studio

Glad to hear your sound engineers aren't incompetent fucknuggets, every bassist here doesn't go higher than 300Hz and gets completely shadowed by overly loud drums.

Shit pictures I know, but I checked my intonation with the harmonic vs. 12th fret thing and it's near perfect, but my E and A strings are a bit sharp on any fret below 5. The thicker strings also don't go as far into the nut as the thinner ones.

I'm also having issues staying in tune but I also have ocd about that so it might just be me thinking about it too hard.

Should I sand and/or put graphite in my nut? How do you do the graphite thing, literally just colour it in with a pencil?

horrible

FUCK YOU I LIKE IT!!!

>To many strings

Actually a really nice guitar though

WANT

god damnit /gg/ i don't need to be buying more instruments!

Ugly
I'm sure it sounds fab though x

Is £45 a good price for a second-hand BD-2 or should I look elsewhere?

No 10 is too many because if you stay in standard tuning all the way to the 9th string you can still have a bass beneath it

Freestyle it man you don't have to play it exactly like the record

Some advice: try and identify the "core" of the bass line; the few notes that, if they weren't there, it would no longer sound like the same thing. Learn that first, play it over and over, and then when you're really comfortable with it, you'll have the confidence to mix it up a bit.

Of course, I'm not familiar with the song, so it could be that all the variations are essential in the exact point they're played for it to work. Seems unlikely with a Joy Division tune though.

Little on the high side, normal you get second hand for half price unless the item is rare (which Blues drive isn't), see if you can get it for £35

Is muting on an instrument with too many strings not really awkward?
How do you play chords like G and C? Do you just mute the lower strings or do you learn new shapes?

>Anybody with an 8 string playing chords

thanks man, will do that

Nothing wrong with playing a pre-existing song differently than originally recorded. That often makes for a more interesting cover anyway.

One pic was enough, bud

I don't know why 8 strings get so much hate. They're great instruments, but people can misuse them.

I don't hate 8 strings, I'm just confused, 6 strings is a pretty universally accept standard, not to say you can't have more or less but why would you want that, for 99% of guitarists, 6 is fine

What's another good chorus pedal for bass? I currently have pic related, but having a second/additional pedal would make the sound better. I was looking at the Sea Machine or Bass Clone, but I also heard the Clone Theory is a good choice

what genre are chorus bass pedals even used for?

Here, some times people just want more. Drop tuning doesnt extend the range, it just moves it. Take a look at this band, they're a blackened death metal band that has some of the best music ive honestly ever heard.i only found out recentlythat they actually use 8 strings. Listen to the first song off this album and tell me how much better used it is than some shitty djent band. m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kni1H2idKOs

For metal mostly. It's a bigger sound with less floppy strings that don't go sharp with the lightest touch.

Somebody who actually knows what they're doing could do some interesting stuff with the extended range, but it is mostly metal kids buying them to be BROOTAL

HOLY SHIT MY EARS HAVE BEEN BLESSED

Maybe some grunge where the bass is a little more prominent, I know I like to make my bassist work hard in my grunge band, and now I really want to plug him into a chorus pedal to see what happens

Yeah your nuts slots for the E and A maybe be just a little bit too high, which will cause the fretted notes nearest the nut to be a little sharp. Check youtube tutorials on nut filing. Fortunately replacement nuts are cheap (5-10 bucks) so it's not a big deal if you botch the job.

To lubricate the slots with graphite, yes you literally just take a pencil and colour in the slot.

>but my E and A strings are a bit sharp on any fret below 5.
then put on some fresh strings and get out a chromatic tuner and adjust it. you can find lots of videos on how to do it. it's not rocket science.

>I'm also having issues staying in tune
most likely it has to do with how you are stringing it. it could (most common) be a shitty vibrato / tremolo, or (rarely) be a bad tuner, a bolt on neck that is shifting.

>Should I sand and/or put graphite in my nut? How do you do the graphite thing, literally just colour it in with a pencil?

only sand to remove burrs if you are breaking strings at the nut / bridge. pencil will do if you want to graphite the nut but it us usually unnecessary unless you are frequently changing tuning or using lots of vibrato / tremolo.

Inline 8 headstocks are disgusting.

Muting lower strings on an extended range guitar is really easy actually, it's an extension of the same palm-on-the-strings technique you use with a 6 string, or you can barre without fretting so that you mute the strings you're not playing.

djentkids and their obnoxious praise of ERGs, combined with the massive ego of guitarists/bassists with hurt feelings.

There's some neat rhythmic stuff you can do on the lower strings that you can't really do on a bass, and the extended range opens a huge amount of possibilities.
Also classical.
youtube.com/watch?v=6emElQDVqF4

>"dim and slimeridden kingdoms"

>Drop tuning doesnt extend the range, it just moves it.

Any drop tuning has two extra semitones compared to its standard counterpart, but you're almost there. More strings extends the range further.

B Standard is a thing, which has less range than Drop B, on a 6-string

>not owning a gibson

You're actually retarded.

>For metal mostly. It's a bigger sound with less floppy strings that don't go sharp with the lightest touch.
You don't need an 8 string for that, there's a lot of 27" baritone 6 strings, and kallium does some ridiculous gauges if you're too poor to buy a baritone. Hell, there's even three different Bass VI models on the market, one having humbuckers, in case you want that 30" scale lenght.

What Gibson should I get? Budget £500

So I've actually just listened to it and it's actually really simple. The basic riff (the one he plays very first) is made of three notes - A, C# and D (open, 4th and 5th fret on the A string) and as far as I can tell the only other notes are the G# and higher A (6th & 7th on the D string) so you can probably get away with pretty much anything as long as you stick to those five notes.

In fact, those five notes are all part of the A major scale, so if you want to really mix it up and add your own touch maybe try experimenting with other notes from that scale?

Used Tokai

Well some people like to shred as well. Also big ass 8 string chords