Rio can't do worst than pic related

Rio can't do worst than pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFsYWam6ik8
youtube.com/watch?v=Mec8GZkEpD4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy_(mascot)#Conception_and_introduction_at_the_1992_Barcelona_Olympics
youtube.com/watch?v=Bwa5Bf656As
youtube.com/watch?v=Po9AV3p7qkU
youtube.com/watch?v=sbzNxFQbnkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just you wait fâm

the Americas were a mistake
t. Cristoforo Colombo

Can't be worse than the trainwreck that was London, I'm still nauseous from the disgusting opening ceremony.

>GOAT opening ceremony
>trainwreck
Germany, ladies and gentlemen

he wasn't italian!!!

Why Atlanta?

NY, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, DC, Miami are all more interesting than Atlanta desu.

Coca Cola paid

Beijing was GOAT. London was a low-budget shitshow.

>America being edgy and hating on their Dad
>America bowing down to Chink dick

Nothing out the ordinary here lads

I'm just commenting on the quality and creativity of the shows. It has nothing to do with politics.

London opening ceremony fell off a fucking cliff after the industrial era segment

Did you not see the fucking Queen?

Beijings ceremony was luxurious, but very stiff. London's was more spontaneous, I like it better than Beijings.

True. The Brazilian bid should be São Paulo, it'd be comfy at about now and not as many doubts as Rio. As always Brazilian authorities choose Rio of all places to be a fucking standard for Brazil and wreck the country's image, it's exactly what happened in Atlanta for whoever thought the US were like Hollywood shows. They chose Atlanta because of Coca Cola money, here they chose Rio because of stupidity really.

What are you talking about? São Paulo is just a huge concrete jungle. Rio is a mess, but at least you can have some fun if you know where to go. (I'm from the south)

Motherfucking Pele parachuting from Santos Dumont airplane to the sound of funk carioca
That will be the opening ceremony, screencap this

>parachuting from 30cm above the ground

>niggers everywhere
>stealing your shit
>if you try to smash them, locals will defend
>trust me, a kid once tried to steall my phone, I kicked his legs, he fell, then when I was punching the shit out of him, plebs came in their aid saying it was enough
>but atleast you can have some fun
Nigga Rio is literally the worst capital in Brazil. Not even Manaus or Rio Branco are as shit as Rio. It's a fucking citywide spread favela.

Pelé won't even be attending this shit.

Coca Cola

only thing shit about London were the opening and closing ceremonies. It was one of the best Olympics ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=kFsYWam6ik8
youtube.com/watch?v=Mec8GZkEpD4

she jumped out of that helicopter

> niggers texting
> Mr. Bean playing piano
> parachute queen

m8

São Paulo would be just another Atlanta, in the sense that it is a pretty unappealing city.

I'd rather live there than in Rio though.

Anyone in their sane mind would pick São Paulo over Rio. Rio is a shithole, São Paulo atleast has a thing or two.

For visiting or living?

yeah, he was Genoese technically

I spent two days in my life in Rio de Janeiro. I saw two people being killed not 100m far from where I was. I had to beat up a kid who tried to steal my bag and locals tried to stop me when he was bleeding. I have literally no idea how is to live in Rio and that's not a thing I want to know either.

> people hating on atlanta

lol are you fucking serious?

>people didn't let me beat a kid
>waaaa savages!
Stupid retard. Of course you are from São Paulo.

>people hating on cities they don't relate to
Sup Forums.

Fuck off you spaz, the actual Games themselves were great.

I didn't like it from a GBR point of view as we only won one gold medal, a particular low point. It did have the GOAT Michael Johnson though.

>from São Paulo
nope, I'm white

So not satisfied in being a retard you are also a hick from one of the southern states? if that's what you mean.
Wew

t. a nigger
Opinion ignored, come back when you are human and don't steal cellphones for a living.

Atlanta was a mess, but at least we got this thing

Atlanta wasn't even that much of a mess. One hick bombing and you all go crazy. Compared ot Munich it was nothing.

All I hear are chimps chimping out at each other.

Takes one to know one.

I'm trying to think of anything that went wrong with Atlanta

All I can think of is the Christian terrorist and apparently other countries were mad that Americans were cheering for the home team

>Olympic mascot are usually based off a country/region's cultural heritage.
>Atlanta's was purely an American capitalist marketing tool, aping the style of a bad Saturday morning cartoon.

The perfect mascot DESU.

>Olympic mascot are usually based off a country/region's cultural heritage.
>Atlanta's was purely an American capitalist marketing tool, aping the style of a bad Saturday morning cartoon.

Literally the perfect mascot for us.

Only way it could have been more appropriate would be if the games were in Charlotte instead of Atlanta

The opening ceremonies would have a fleet of mobility scooters doing a lap at CMS, lead by #3 and commentated by Vince McMahon

wew

>commented by Vince Mcmahon
>90's Vince
YES

>London opening ceremony fell off a fucking cliff after the industrial era segment

Just like Britbongistan desu

Doesn't explain shitting stars ou-

Wait thats brilliant

>mfw people were stupid enough to have the Olympics in ATL
>mfw I get to chill in the pool they used whenever I want
>mfw friends are living in the old Olympic village next semester
Thanks for the free shekels m8s

Unironically thinking Beijing wasn't the greatest.

what the actual fuck is that supposed to be?

how many substances did the marketing team abuse to come up with that?

Problem is that, before the Montreal Screwjob in '97, he was just an announcer. Nobody knew he was the actual owner of the company and he didn't have the Mr. McMahon character yet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy_(mascot)#Conception_and_introduction_at_the_1992_Barcelona_Olympics

People even thought he was stupid back in 1996

>implying you're old enough to remember the 1996 Olympics
>implying anybody other than me and a couple weirdos are old enough to remember the 1996 Olympics
>implying I wasn't a second grader and hardly remember anything other than Michael Johnson, Kerri Strug, and the bombing

i forgot about this fuckin thing.

Its true, Coca Cola combined with sports hungry southerners and other corporations willing to foot the dime to enrich the IOC.

GOD TIER
Sydney 00
Beijing 08

GREAT TIER
London 12
Greece 04
Barca 92

MEH TIER
Atlanta 96

DESTINED TO UTTER SHIT TIER
Rio 16

Don't remember further back than that.

probably fair

kek so you're telling me a city with the entire population of my country has nothing to do and nothing to see?
Really?! Like nothing...There's no parks, there's no music going on.
I find that hard to believe

>Atlanta
>meh

NIGGA DO YOU NOT REMEMBER KERRI STRUG?

youtube.com/watch?v=Bwa5Bf656As

WITH A BUSTED ASS ANKLE, BRUH

Dude, you don't understand new world cities. Quite often they are just that. I'd say

My memory immediately flickers back to monster trucks and a bombing. Thats not a good defining memory.

>monster trucks and a bombing
That's literally my childhood desu

Atlanta fag? I've been to your city, its nicer than I expected.

>black church gospels
>HBCU fraternity and sorority step teams
>high school marching bands
>pickup trucks
>Jimmy Carter
>President Bill Clinton doing The Wave

FUCK BEIJING. ATLANTA GOAT OPENING CEREMONIES

Forgot link:

youtube.com/watch?v=Po9AV3p7qkU

i remember it, we were driving between kelowna and kamloops when they announced the bombing on the radio

i remember lillehammer and barcelona too

>olympic structures collapsing before it even starts

stadium will fall during the opening ceremony

Don't fail calc 3 nigger

Fuck Calc 3

Engineers don't even have to do Calculus

this
only hating faggots talk shit about the ATL Olympics

FACTS:
Last Olympics to turn a profit for the host city
Turned Atlanta from a onehorse town into a place people probably know
Kerri Strug
Monster Trucks
Streets painted fucking RED from the sheer volume of advertising $$$ thrown at the city
Rest of the world BTFO in medals
Made MARTA at least serviceable

I think the point is, Monster Trucks are only cool if you're American.

Forgot to add
IOC so bootyblasted by ATL's shrewd marketing and moneymaking that the rules were changed to ensure only the IOC will profit, you have ATL to thank for the Olympics turning into nothing more than a huge grifting scam

ATL bribed the shit out of the IOC to get it then made serious bank off it, so if you hate the IOC like any warmblooded human you should love the ATL Olympics

I'm rewatching the entire Opening Ceremonies

youtube.com/watch?v=sbzNxFQbnkA

It's seriously making me think Atlanta is a good city, or at least was 20 years ago

you should come check us out famalam, we're way better than the festering burned out shithole we were back in '96, we'll treat you good

Wait, there are people who think they're not cool?

I was there for barely a weekend back in '09. Gladys Knight's soul food place was the best restaurant I've ever been to, even if my friends and I were the only white people waiting in line for 20 minutes before it opened

Glady's Knight fucking sucks now that she's not managing it and its right next to the 400+ person homeless shelter. Do not go there again.

>Soon

the 90's were an unbelieveably hype time in Atlanta tbqh. things are better now though.

>Soon

Its kinda cool for five minutes as an exhibition at a fun fair. Its not what I'd show off to the world, though.

Interesting note, Atlanta was the only Olympics that was actually financially NOT a burden on the city/state. They sold that shit off to private companies for sponsorships, got free arenas etc after it was over, and it didn't cost the city really a dime.

As opposed to Rio where it cost the country billions and shit is falling down already, same as Russia, same as China. Atlanta is how you do Olympics right.

this
Go to Mary Mac's Tearoom or Busy Bee Cafe instead, more authentic

I just remember the fried chicken being amazing, the waffles being okay, and the lemonade having absolutely no sourness to it. Just sugar with some lemon-flavor. Also the collard green had bacon and were awesome
I forgot; I had a layover at the airport last fall. Went to to The Varsity's spot there, since I make it a point to eat "local" joints when I have layovers

The chili dog was ehhhh, but the frozen orange thing was literally one of the best things I have ever drank. And I'm definitely aware that this is airport food, and to not assume that it's an accurate representation of what it's like at the real place

Varsity isn't for locals in any sense of the word, at least not for a few decades now

Delia's Chicken Sausage
Zesto's
Felini's
Fox's BBQ, Fatt Matt's, or Community Q
Ann's Snack Shack
Just about any shitty looking taqueria or asian place on Buford Highway, muy authentico
Willy's

are all excellent cheap lunch spots that are from here, we've got a shit ton of good food in just about every category though, we're a stopping point for a ton of logistics so we've got a lot of variety

Can't be wosrt than Barcelona games

My man!! those places are good.

>Soon

If I'm ever around again, I'll definitely hit them up. Whenever I travel, I'm a big proponent of "I wanna eat shit I can't get back home"

Calm down, it hasn't even begun...

Yes, that's exactly it.

Been living in Rio for 20 years now. Was never burgled, never saw anything like that actually.

You're probably just poor as fuck and stayed at a 2-star motel in Madureira.

nice meme b8

I can't speak for cities outside the US, but even Des Moines, Iowa has a symphony orchestra

I live in a metro area of a million people where everyone would swear it's a bumblefuck desert outpost

Lying faggot, you probably live in sandy springs

kek, a literal República Riograndense
>I'm 1/16 german from my mother's family HMKAY
>sucking cock is not even gay

I feel old as fuck but I remember Seoul '88 having an awesome opening ceremony, seemed like a thousand people doing synchronized taekwando

Rio has like, five different cities in one...

São Paulo has a "indoor" lifestyle. Most activites are done in shopping malls, nightclubs and restaurants. Almost no decent sightseeing to do there...

>Rio has like, five different cities in one...
I second that.

>São Paulo has a "indoor" lifestyle. Most activites are done in shopping malls, nightclubs and restaurants. Almost no decent sightseeing to do there...

That sounds horrible. Why would anybody willingly do that?

So ATL had a bunch of niggers hocking wares on the street and a bombing? It wasn't a bad Olympics otherwise

Because "paulistas" have a workaholic culture so they tend to waste less time with leisure comparing to other places of BR, added to the fact that the city itself is heavily urbanized and has no natural landmarks (no beaches, only one park).