Who would you put I'm charge of a Lovecraftian film if you wanted it done right?

Who would you put I'm charge of a Lovecraftian film if you wanted it done right?

Would it even be possible to capture the aura he creates?

Refn

Starring the Goose

Can it just be a movie about a bunch of young girls fooling around and opening a portal to a nightmare-scape where the residents can only reproduce by impregnating said young girls over and over until they die of orgasm induced exhaustion?

Del Taco

And that's the thread over as one mongoloid starts talking about raping young girls

Needs to be done in the style of Hausu. The only truly otherworldly film

Fuck off, retard.

What kind of Lovecraftian film?

Dream Cycle fantasy?
Creepy occultism/sorcery?
Ancient races?
Horror-comedy?
Sci-fi?

Lovecraft isn't just tentacles and shit.

I think Kevin Smith made a movie almost exactly like that. It stars his daughter and Depp's daughter

Malick

Isn't Lovecraft essentially the idea that there is a reality we rarely see that has creatures and powers that are unimaginable to us?

I'd want some eastern-bloc arthouse director. Lovecraft's best stuff is about the unknowable, so you can't just wheel out some hollywood staple - they wouldn't know what the fuck to do. Including Del Taco.

No. That's just some of his stories. The cosmic horror ones.

I think Del Toro could do an okay job? Pans had a lot of good creepy moments...but I am not sure anyone could really do it justice.

In fact...I could see a Del-Toro Carpenter movie do it. Get some vibes of the Thing and Pans

The Cosmic Horror ones are almost always what people will associate with him, though.
I mean hell Lovecraftian as a genre, is literally about that.

Ti West doing a The Case of Charles Dexter Ward movie would be pretty cool with me.

Normies, not people. Normies who never read anything written by him.

The most important thing in a Lovecraft movie would be architecture. The guy was obsessed with it and it's a large part of almost all of his stories. The set design ffor the towns/streets/houses would have to reflect that.

isn't most of it based in non-euclidean geometries?

Good luck filming that shit.

No. HPL was an architecture buff, a lot of his descriptions are about human architecture.

Its a pretty common term mate.

David Lynch, with Del Taco producing.

So the other day I went to Books-A-Million and bought a book that had all of Lovecraft's short stories. When I was buying it the qt cashier asked what Lovecraft was about since she heard "sooo much about him".

Is there any way to describe him without sounding autistic or try-hard?

Haha stop being such an autist dude. I've read all of Lovecraft's writing and I know what people mean by the term "Lovecraft"

Just cause you were a devoted enough retard to think that Lovecraft primarily focused on buildings instead of existential cosmic horror doesn't mean you need to push your fucked mindset on other people

No.

But you could describe him as the father of sci-fi horror. It's not really accurate, but it's close enough.

Young Dario Argento would heve been good for it. Inferno felt very Lovecraftian inspired to me.

Just say that it's like weird existential horror. As long as you can say those words without mumbling like a school shooter it'll probably be fine