Confusing ending thread

Confusing ending thread

I don't understand why batman was laughing with the joker

It made no sense to me either but people were saying it was a brilliant ending

I think it means that batman and the joker are both crazy

because the joke was fucking funny you cunts. Actually my wife had to explain it to me too lol...

It's a shit story by an asshole brit that has ruined the Joker for decades now

It means the joker proved his point that a normal man can go insane on just one bad day thus creating Batman. Throw the book at him fags

The joke was drawing a parallel between the lunacy of batman and the joker.
Batman kills the joker after the joke, he's giving joker his last laugh.

Did you fellas fail high school English?
>WB ruined anther one of Alan Moore's works.

>MEGABAIT.
5/10 made me post.

Another theory is that the joker had some of his gas around that kills ppl and makes them smile and Batman laughing at the joke made him breath in the gas so the joke killed him aka the killing joke

Bump while I think, I like this

Holy bait Batman! The joke was about Batman and the Joker being the two crazy people. The beam of light was Batman's offer to help him. But it was also a literal joke. Batman and the Joker were always in a friendship beyond understanding and physical limits.

This makes sense

Because he got the joke.

was a good joke, IDIOT!

He's trying desperately to extend a hand to the human side of the joker, that broken, broken man in the funhouse. Like Bats says in the opening scene to... well, not joker, we're gonna end up killing one another, so this is one last chance to end it another way.

Batman despises the joker, but he sees the damaged individual inside him and he believes there has to be a shred of hope in saving him.

The joker's joke at the end was the denouement of the story. The laughter was the punch line. The silence was the end of the story.

Notice no one is still laughing in the last few panels.

I love this arc. Broken people make for great drama.

Ok but why would he move the light when the other person was halfway.Batman killed the joker off screen.

That's speculation. And the Joker THINKS he would move the light

The author said he didn't kill the joker tho so they just have a good ol laugh and the end? That's pretty fucking gay.

These are the only correct answers, retarded fans making stupid headcannons like "THE GAS WAS LINGERING AROUND" actually need people to spoonfeed them the answer to everything, take a moment and actually think about it.

he didn't prove shit. gordon was still strong, and still intact.

There is no solid reasoning to the ending, it's open to interpretation.

All I know for sure is that Batman laughed longer than the joker...

Did he kill him? Did he get the joke? Did he lose the plot?

Is the joker really Bruce Wayne's long lost brother?

I have questions, I'm not the Riddler.

I'm the BOOTMAN

10/10 kek'd

Batman strangled the Joker until he was the only one laughing

Other people have covered it, but let's pile on. Batman= guy with flashlight. Offer of help= flashlight. Second guy= Joker.

Joker was simultaneously saying that Batman's offer of help was, itself, an insane, impossible idea that would never work. And his reason for rejecting it wasn't even that it was insane and stupid, though it was, but that he didn't trust the help. There's a sort of parallel here between the competing reasons to reject the offer and the competing backstories Joker likes to imagine himself having.

Batman's laugh is deliberately ambiguous, but the general consensus is that he realized it was too late and gave in, strangling/neckbreaking the Joker. He tried. He failed. He laughed at the unfair absurdity of the whole shitshow. I guess.

Alan Moore is shit
It's a stupid story with a stupid ending
The guy's not fit to write Richie Rich comics

>Batman's laugh is deliberately ambiguous, but the general consensus is that he realized it was too late and gave in, strangling/neckbreaking the Joker. He tried. He failed. He laughed at the unfair absurdity of the whole shitshow. I guess.

This.

In the comic panel the light between the joker and batman is illustrative of the flashlight in the joke. It fades in the final panel because Batman symbolically turned it off by strangling the joker.

Yeah, I guess so. So he murdered him?

So he became gluttony?
7.jpg

And from that day forward, all villages in that fair land were called... Hamlets.

Because both Batman and Joker are equally crazy and Batman is the good half while Joker is the bad. Batmans justice is him taking vengeance and his pain on criminals.

Oh, ok. So Joker shined his own light onto Batman to show that he wasn't much different.

Batman wants to save the world.
Joker wants to watch the world burn.

ying yang? The way of life is funny? Futile? Our existance is meaningless in the scope of thing?

What was the point of the first arc before the Joker arrived?

people rarely can put 2 and 2 together themselves

filler and to give you some feeling when batman gives her the ol 1 2 baby scadoo

>Oh, ok. So Joker shined his own light onto Batman to show that he wasn't much different.

No no the actual light in the comic panels here:

Right there the light between their feet is getting dimmer in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th panel, then it goes completely black in the sixth panel. It's symbolic of Joker's joke about the flashlight.

I assume you mean the cartoon. Four things:

1) To make you connect with Batgirl and make her crippling more meaningful.
2) Pad run time on a super short story.
3) Give Batman a reason to go to the Joker to talk in first place (his recognition of Batgirl running into her own potential proto-Joker)
4) Throw something to the feminists who complain any time a female character is shown harmed or in conflict without immediately winning with zero struggle.

Thanks man.

And the Joker isn't dead in the end, right?

No, he became Batman. It's only cannon on one of the Earths, though. That's why they have Batman in black sometimes and blue other times.

Read the comic you fucking faggot

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Are you fucking retarded?

"If I must have multiple orgasms, I'd rather they be by choice." - Joker after becoming B6.

"Me? I'm not picky" -user after 12 years of no sex

"user? No sex for twelve years" - You as a picky slave