/grimes/

Discuss the gorgeous & talented artist Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=MavkKrCx1BM

>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”
vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SbeaBEX-x2M
tometotheweathermachine.com/reviews/2010/01/grimes
archive.fo/R7kmB
youtube.com/watch?v=v2c8LZbwpJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=sXGG1Gdw984
youtube.com/watch?v=3bc27oFFJo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nyone below this post has autism/will get no presents this Christmas

Merry Christmas from Grimezsz! Be nice and you'll get gifts from $anta Clau$.

youtube.com/watch?v=SbeaBEX-x2M

>Overall, this shouldn't work - there's a blend of contrasting styles, instrumentation (from electric guitars to accordions and back again), and emotions that just seem counterintuitive to one another. The amazing thing is that it does work. Marvelously. Give this gal a few years to hone her skills, tighten up the song structures and stretch her legs, and you're looking at a potentially massive career in creativity.
tometotheweathermachine.com/reviews/2010/01/grimes

I bet this writer wishes they were the betting type right now.

That writer doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.

What artists/genres do Grimesfans listen to besides Grimes? Any Grimesfans who aren't physically attracted to her?

merry christmas grimes, heres hoping for a christmas song iii this year (or next)

That writer saw the massive creative potential of her.

>What artists/genres do Grimesfans listen to besides Grimes?
Me: Steve Reich, Wire, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Cocteau Twins, Killing Joke, Stereolab, Depeche Mode, New Order, Can, Joni Mitchell, Telefon Tel Aviv, Siouxsie & The Banshees, MBV, The Human League, Disco Inferno, CRJ, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie, Neu!, Duran Duran, St. Vincent, The Beta Band, Ozric Tentacles, Aphex Twin, The Blue Nile, Tangerine Dream, Mazzy Star, Massive Attack, Kraftwerk, Public Enemy, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Klaus Schulze, Kate Bush, Plastikman, Dead Can Dance, FSOL, Glenn Branca, The Pop Group, Bob Dylan, Silver Apples, The Beatles, Fever Ray, OMD, Computer Magic, The Knife, Royksopp, DJ Shadow,...

>Any Grimesfans who aren't physically attracted to her?
Is that even possible?

Good taste 2bh fem

>Is that even possible?
Are you physically attracted to all the other artists you just named?

Just her.

Grimes makes me feel cute

I'm into [unknown], Bones, Xiu Xiu, BigBalls420, Nightcore, Depeche Mode, Lil B, Low, My Bloody Valentine, Red House Painters, Grimes, Death Grips, Greaf, Dinosaur Jr., Crystal Castles, GRIMPORTAL, Cocteau Twins, Drake, Eminem, Aphex Twin, Twenty One Pilots, Jimmy Buffett, Green Day, R.E.M., Radiohead, New Order, Arctic Monkeys, Korn, Nirvana, Mac DeMarco, Jason Aldean, The Cure, James Ferraro, Gesaffelstein, Autechre, Kanye West, Sonic Youth, Modest Mouse, Have a Nice Life, David Bowie, Atari Teenage Riot, Pavement, Erik Morgan, Ween, J-Walk, Yung Lean, Sunny Day Real Estate, Swans, Gorillaz and Grouper.

i guess you can say im pretty patrician, haha :)

Do you think your attraction towards her has influenced your opinion towards her music?

Not at all. I liked her music even before I knew how looked like. It's just a nice coincidence that she makes great music and she looks great.

Art Angels is the best album of this millennium.

"looks great"

haha jk but srs tho u kinda lyin...

checked

Except Xiu Xiu, that's nice taste.

xiu xiu is better than you're favorite band

you have sucked dick

(not true, by the way)

>Twenty One Pilots, Jimmy Buffett, Green Day
Hoo boy.

I am a fan of bands such as Depressive Silence, Jääportit, The Residents, Comus, Sufjan Stevens, Death in June, Burzum, caduceus, Deathspell Omega, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Paysage d'Hiver, The Shaggs, Cryptopsy, Galaxie 500, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Hoedh, Joanna Newsom, Merzbow, Natural Snow Buildings, cLOUDDEAD, Coil, Fishmans, Funkadelic, Grant Green, Yellow Swans, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Bathory, Bohren & der Club of Gore, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Current 93, Equitant, Gary Peacock, Ground-Zero, I.corax, Jim O'Rourke, Mercury Rev, Mortiis, Murmuüre, NASA Voyager Recordings and Nico.

Weird taste. 2edgy4me 2bch.

>and Nico.

this is actually art

>hes never sat on a yacht drinking margartias while blasting some jimmy buffet around some beautiful babes

how pleb can you get?

>im really into experimental music dude...

Pretty good.

Needs to be updated, but this is my taste.
Really nice taste.
Please be bait.

Cool taste. You need more synthpop tho.

faith nomore coole

Shame the girl is a damn retard

archive.fo/R7kmB

bump

lol, that little faggot boy accusing her of being SJW couldn't be more of an embodiment of Tumblr if he tried.

>please be bait

no, im just not a p4k/fantano drone.

Its nice to have your own musical mindset thats not entirely based on internet hype machines, you should try it sometimes :)

how can somebody be this stupid lol

you mean reddit

>Jason Aldean
>Twenty One Pilots
>Lil B
>Nightcore
Falling for ironic Sup Forums memes is worse, m8.

not ironic cuck, just have a diverse taste in music. Why is me having a "shit taste" a big deal to you anyways? Are you an elitist?

Your trip is literally grimescuck. Nothing you say is of any value what-so-ever and everyone on this board, including grimes fans, hates you.

Jesus Christ. This is why people don't take Grimes' fanbase on here seriously.
>Your trip is literally grimescuck
And?
>Nothing you say is of any value what-so-ever
What makes you say that?
>everyone on this board, including grimes fans, hates you
First of all, that's not true so speak for yourself.
Second, I'm a shitposter; I welcome the people who do hate me with open arms.

Lil B is more of a post-ironic meme

Merry Christmas, Claire! I love you!

she is saying the right things

After experiencing Grimes, there is no need to pollute myself with lesser musics. My ears must stay pure for Grimes.

What happened to the other tripfag? He seemed better than GrimesCuck.

>implying Grimes celebrates Christ(cuck)mas and not Festivus

Rude. :^(

I dunno, I don't want to change who you are, and then you resent me..

anyway, what I'm about to post tonight is not directed at you in any way, so don't take it negative.

who all wearin' Grimes merch here?

One of the oldest Grimemes.

She's right, though. My parents/family have been been reusing wrapping paper/using decorative bags for this exact same reason (plus convenience) since before I was born.

Tbh It's stuff like this that makes me think I and Grimes would probably get along pretty well (and no - I'm not talking romantically.)

>Tbh It's stuff like this that makes me think I and Grimes would probably get along pretty well (and no - I'm not talking romantically.)
Same

merry Christmas from grimeys

They're so adorable.

merry christmas

why does james always spend christmas with grimes' family why doesnt grimes and james go spend christmas with james' mom?

really makes ya think...

I'm wearing a Geidi Primes thong ;-)

i have a geidi primes and a visions shirt, but i barely wear them for two reasons

a.) they are white and i have sweaty pits, i dont wanna get them all stained and shit
b.) they are super soft and nice and i want them to stay that way forever

... Does she sell these?

She is a typical consumerist whore of clothes and fashion which promotes worse. If she was consistent she would have one durable pants suit with shoulder-pads and wear just it for years.

grimes seems like an easy person to get along with, just dont be a cock.

nah, i bought it on etsy a couple years ago

Nice tripname. :^)

I'd like to think that grimes is the kind of girl who wears something once and then throw it away.

DESU Claire looks absolutely beautiful in this photo. This is a good look for her.

YASS

youtube.com/watch?v=v2c8LZbwpJ0

have a good one!

You forgot to change one of the "he"s to a she...

Real quick reminder Grimes is a disgusting cunt slag who only got attention with reblogs and gutless fag numales who thought a kawaii weeaboo bitch would some day bone them. Grimes is garbage.

no.

i used to be attracted to her, but now im not.

i still love her music a ton.

holy shit lucky quads confirm

>still posting this stale pasta

Definitively no. Because I came across her years before properly discovering her music, and it was only after discovering the latter that I became a die-hard fan.

also this.

i heard the baardsen remix of oblivion in 2012 on youtube and thought it was dope, but something about the artist name grimes and the kinda dirty look she had in the picture used made me dismiss the artist as "dumb indie shit"

then i heard her music and im like
>oh
>oh my

Grimes was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to 4AD, described her as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Claire, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' She had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view she appears to have continued to maintain throughout her later years. According to Fields, Grimes once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people".

Lol I see you took the time to "fix" your copypasta...

Are you like the /grimes/ police or something?

It's almost time... youtube.com/watch?v=sXGG1Gdw984

See above. And youtube.com/watch?v=3bc27oFFJo4

not grimes

show a pic

Merry Christmas Grimeth! I sincerely hope your butt implants don't pop when you go to tattoo them.

go away

Happy Holidays /Grimes/

me here, sorry I said all that shit.
have a good one.

What? Did you actually listen to her music and realise that she's god-tier?

Nah I know she's shit tier but I shouldn;t have said all those mean things around the holidays.

Who wants to unwrap this?

Maybe we should all do it once, she likes that style of thing.

Oh, you're just pathetic. Cool.

Sorry, user. Neither amusing nor music related.

You can exchange the present for an equally talentless ugly person if you keep the receipt.

ugly as f

When will all these meanies leave?

>calls user pathetic for shitting on Grimes
>meanie
I'm on your side.

sorry, i misclicked the post
should be instead

It's all good. Merry Christmas.

seriously only ugly autists are attracted to grimes

just look at her boyfriend

poor grimes