Since Alien threads are the only half-decent ones on this board anymore, let's get one going

Since Alien threads are the only half-decent ones on this board anymore, let's get one going

Other urls found in this thread:

zen171398.zen.co.uk/Alien.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SYJXaEN8F4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UpMDWbEsrEM
youtube.com/watch?v=Tm-JBUCS9rA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what was his fucking problem?

Alien3 assembly was my first Alien film.
I think it's the best one.

I still haven't seen 3 or 4

We really need to discuss the bonus situation with you!

Just bought this for $6, totally worth it

is alien resurrection worth a watch?

i only watched 1, 2 and 3

I'm glad I bought the quadrilogy dvd set back in the day because James Cameron is working hard to erase the theatrical cut of Aliens from reality. I happen to prefer it.

I'd say watch it once just to know what they did with it. It's not good though.

It's not that bad.

I consider the first AvP the third best Alien movie, it's worth the watch in my opinion.

Directors cut > theatrical cut

Same for Terminator 2 and for Avatar. You'd think it was a pattern, but the stuff he cut from Titanic was really bad.

Favorite movie?
Favorite character?
Best kill?
waifu?

It doesn't matter, it's really awful but you won't remember having seen it in a couple of weeks time

best character is Parker, best kill is that woman the marines find in Aliens when they first enter into the hive.

What is it, a Blu Ray?

Alien>Parker>Brett's death>Jones

>Favorite movie?
Alien

>Favorite character?
Parker

>Best kill?
John Hurt

>waifu?
Call

Reminder: Ripley is MY waifu, only MINE!

IMAGINE being the Xeno.....

I will fight u m8
in a battle of who has the better rare ripleys folder

post some f.a.m

What about the bonus situation?

Can't be giving up my super rares willy nilly now

this.
I really think it should be discussed

It's worse than cancer. It's the worst thing Joss Whedon has ever done. And that says a lot. A LOT.

Mr. Parker and I

One thing I've never understood in Alien - why does Ash start oozing white blood for no apparent reason thereby alerting Ripley that he is an android?

As a stand-alone df film it's fine. Just pretend it's nothing to do with its predecessors.

doesn't she hit him with something?

It's fascinating in the sense that there is a massive tonal conflict between Jeunet's directing and Whedon's script.

Me neither. I've heard so many negative things about them I think i'll just stick to 1 and 2 only.

Best kill - Dallas. Jesus fucking Christ how tense is it? When he finds that skin the alien had shed as it grew I tink that would be the point to nope of there. Then he hears the alien moving around overhead.

A few years ago I was working in a warehouse and had to go look for something by myself. I went into this huge, dimly-lit space full of shadowy machinery and just thought "fuck this".

Is the assembly cut of 3 worth watching?

I watched the directors cuts of 1 and 2 yesterday.

She shoved him in the MOTHER room, but I don't think he hit the wall hard enough to make him bleed

Dubs for the bonus situation

Just rewatched Alien Resurrection, having seen it when I was 9 (fucking nightmares for years).

It's 100% crap. Nothing to salvage, no good kill, no interesting twist. Wynona Rider is atrocious in this.

The "masterace" alien at the end looks like a retarded albino and dies by having his ass sucked into space.

Overall terrible. Plus it looks like Amelie with Jeunet's fucking yellow/green imagery

Below is possibly the very best alien site I've ever seen, along with the old Nostromo files. This has BOATLOADS of model photos/production stills, collated by a (real) crew member. Once I went looking for it, I found it again.

zen171398.zen.co.uk/Alien.html

Let's recap who's in the movie Alien is notable for its extremely small cast, even once doubles and stunt people are accounted for. The actors, to their credit, did pretty much all their old 'stunts':

PRINCIPAL CAST (7)

Sigourney Waver, Tom Skerritt, Ian Holm, Harry Dean Stanton, Veronica Cartwright, John Hurt, Yaphet Kotto.

THE ALIEN (3, being one actor and two stuntmen)

Bolaji Badejo, Eddie Powell, Roy Scammell

DOUBLES (3, being Ridley's two sons, together with a son of photographer Derek Vanlint WHOSE NAME I HAVE NEVER FOUND:)

Jake Scott, Luke Scott, _____ Vanlint (male)

VOICE ACTRESS (1, Mother)

Helen Horton

ANIMALS (4, courtesy Animals unlimited. 4 cats were available to portray Jones, but I still can't tell whether all 4 were used in final footage, or some lesser number)

3 is better than 2. 2 is just a bland action-flick.

I worked it out.
he was shot by a charizard according to YouTube

Someone needs to make a compilation of the best of Parker and Brett

would surely be kino

But the above link contains credible suggestion that other crew members were also stand-ins for certain brief shots. This caption accompanies pic related:

"Ridley shoots some inserts at Bray Model Stage - Terry Pearce looks on as Phil Rae and a Scenic Artist (inside space suits) replace the actors in front of the Giger model landscape."

>3 is better than 2
No

youtube.com/watch?v=SYJXaEN8F4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UpMDWbEsrEM
I could watch the documentaries on the Quadrilogy all day bros

>Favorite movie?
Alien
>Favorite character?
Ripley
>Best kill?
Hudson
>waifu?
Vasquez

It is. 2 is a dated 80's action flick filled with lame quips and messy action-sequenses. 3 is a flawed, yet decent attempt at recreating a tense, claustrophobic sci-fi horror film.

It's good. I would recommend it.

When I watched it I thought it crossed the threshold where it was so bad it was good. That's extremely subjective though.

>Waifu?

t.contrarian

I don't know how to tell you this user...

>movie
aliens
>character
bishop
>kill
bishop
>waifu
Alien 1 ripley

It's true. James Cameron is horrible. He's made 3 decent movies and is somehow seen as a genious.

It also retconned the comics where Newt and Hicks make it back to Earth and the former is committed to a psyche ward and the other is basically an outcast in the military before a bioweapon's lab brings a queen to Earth and cause aliens to overrun the plant.

Also Newt fucked an android.

No. If I was a contrarian I'd say something like "This series is just garbage. It's just a load of mindless drivle and Ridley Scott is the ultimate pleb director."

All EU is garbage. No matter the franchise.

>Favorite movie?
Alien
>Favorite character?
Parker
>Best kill?
Kane, or Dallas when Ripley finds him in the alien nest thing in the directors cut.
>waifu
The pilot chick from Aliens

I have a question, why does the Chestburster get through what is one of the hardest bones in the human body? Couldn't it just wiggle down 6 inches to avoid the rib cage?

I never understood where it got the power to break through the sternum. With that sort of force the thing should just shoot out like a cannon from its host.

It fucking bleeds acid. Not to hard to imagine that it might use some of it to soften the sternum before it breaks through.

Bump

Yeah I second that.

Dallas kill most tense kill

Again.

So fucking cute bros :3

i wanna fuck a xenomorph

Why were the xenomorphs valued so highly? Aliens makes them look weak as shit.

All the normies couldn't understand the meaning of PERFECT ORGANISM

>lets continue to discuss a 40 year old movie which has already been discussed and dissected beyond comprehension because I just got here last week and I can't figure out how to lurk more

christ you reddit faggots are the worst

>70 posts
>no mention of Prometheus
this is is a good thread

inb4 some autist says he liked Prometheus and tries to defend the shitty writing

Aliens
Ripley
The carrier pilot lady

SOMEBODY GET THIS ANDROID OUTTA HERE

No, don't. It doesn't exist as far as canon goes

You're right. Let's have ANOTHER game of thrones or Capeshit thread!

Yeah, anniversary Blu-Ray. Came with a comic and some H.R. Giger concept art pictures

Prometheus was alright

youtube.com/watch?v=Tm-JBUCS9rA

obligatory review

go fuck yourself my friend. It's still relevant because of prometheus (and the next movie titled Alien something someting)

Yeah I think it shouldn't have been as bashed as much as it did, but there's still a lot of shiting writing in it, like all the scientists being told that they are traveling to an alien planet for some reason, yet none ask why, or what their job will once they get there. All we get is "hurrr I need the job because it pays well". Sloppy writing at its best, as per usual from the hack that made Lost

What was her fucking problem?

black goo is a hell of a drug

I liked Prometheus and even though it was shoddily written it's an interesting premise with stunning visuals.

I don't really play Video Games that much but does anyone know if Alien; Isolation is worth a play?

i would

It is very terrifying

Best Survival horror game of at least the past 10 years. Definitely worth it.

I don't play video games that much anymore either, but Isolation was tons of fun, they really nail the atmosphere and aesthetic that exists in Alien.

It's true, 3 is better as an Alien movie. Aliens was an action flick, not a horror one. I legitimately liked 3 when I first watched it and wouldn't know until much later that it had a controversial reputation.

Just got done playing it for the first time.
Awesome game, survival game.
Not a shooter, if that is what you're looking for, you will be disappointed.
Play it at night with a headset and all the lights off, enjoy an awesome experience in claustrophobic space creepiness.

yeah, it's the first true alien game we've had since forever. It's so true to the first film too, unlike prometheus. Enjoy all that retro-futuristic tech and setting

Get the version with the DLC, original crew from film.

>Favorite Movie
Alien 2
>Favorite Character
Call
>Best Kill
When the alien kill a girl underwater
>Waifu ?
Call

*ooncing, saucy dance beat*
(game-oh-ver-man)
(game-oh-ver-man)

MY NAME IS FERRO AND I PILOT THE DROP-SHIP
LEAN MEAN MARINES NICK-NAMED ME "GA-GA" WHAT A TRIP (I love it)
BADASS SOLDIERS ON THE JOB HAVE GOT TO HAVE A GUN!
AND IF IT'S A BUG-HUNT, IF WE DON'T WIN IT ISN'T FUN!

oh OH, oooh oh oh ohohohohoh
it's time to fly, the unfriendly skies!
oh OH, oooh oh oh ohohohohoh
it's time to fly, the unfriendly skies! *pewwww...*

IN THE PIPE, IN THE PIPE, YOU KNOW WE'RE IN THE PIPE
FIVE-BY-FIVE!
(WHERE'S THE BEACON? OH I SEE IT)
IN THE PIPE, IN THE PIPE, YOU KNOW WE'RE IN THE PIPE
FIVE-BY-FIVE!
(WHERE'S THE BEACON? OH I SEE IT)

F-F-F-FIVE-BY-FIVE F-F-FIVE-BY-FIVE
(WE'RE IN THE PIPE)
F-F-F-FIVE-BY-FIVE F-F-FIVE-BY-FIVE

aaaaand so forth.

What does Sup Forums think about pic related?

Check out the size of this Nostromo model they built.

Today it would be done in shitty CGI.

Mandatory...