So what's the point of all those high end headphones when a lot of music is mastered for shitty smartphone earbuds?

So what's the point of all those high end headphones when a lot of music is mastered for shitty smartphone earbuds?

Don't listen to shit music.

Because you listen to music that's not made for shitty earbuds.

The latest iPhone earbuds, with the lightning port, are actually really nice for earbuds. Obviously can never be on the level of some over-ear open-backs but it's a lot better than it used to be.

Such as? What are some albums audiophiles like outside of Steely Dan Greatest Hits and Chronic 2001?

late 70's pop music in general tends to have very good production values

And boy it tells.

Don Fagen - The Nightfly

obviously he's the frontman for Steely but it's immaculately produced

I feel like she's mocking her fanbase here

I think speakers and all that shit sounded better in general too.
That's cheating, bruh.

True patricians get the stems and master each album themselves. I have three different versions of all my favorite albums: one for my open-backs, one for my closed backs (people on the bus kept complaining about the sound leakage) and one for my speakers.

pure autism

It's like that comic of a boy that used to draw penises, so he got a graduate in astronomy so that he could draw in the moon a penis.
Boy that was long ago.

I would do this if I had a way to get the stems, keep going man.

Every Cornelius album.

Fuck this is actually really fuckin triggering, is she really that much of a pleb? Hopefully her artistic peers can atleast see the stupidity.

Majority of stuff made before 1996 is fairly dynamic, and higher-end headphones will still have a better tonality (more even frequency response, more resonant bass, etc.) and more detail for the poorly mastered stuff than shit earbuds

this
/thread
and i bet they sound great..............

you dont even need a pair of super high end cans because headphone listening will NEVER be the same as listening on monitors.

anything from the $150-$300 range for headphones is more than you'll ever need. anything else is a little dumb, imo

Uh m8, listening to test mixes on shitty but extremely common equipment is literally standard procedure in pop music.

Arca

Do you see a monitor general on Sup Forums?

Explain

yeah, mostly to check is the vocals can still be heard over all the other instruments. it's not really a benchmark to see if it sounds good or not, just to see if the mix holds up on shite equipment.

i only Sup Forums so couldn't tell you. it just seems a little silly to me to invest anything over $300 in a pair of headphones when you can get monitors that will completely blow headphones out of the water every time.

listening on speakers is natural for the human ear, headphones is not.

Greater soundstage
The bass has a presence you can feel
Overall just a better sound due to larger drivers and positioning

If you haven't ever heard music played on good speakers/monitors you are missing out

thank you, someone who is actually rational in this thread.

Sorry my bad, explain how she is mocking her fanbase

But what happens to all the music that uses tactile sub-bass pulses to tickle your ears?

>she cares about us

you would never hear it on headphones because cans literally cannot reproduce anything below 80hz. that's the whole point of having a subwoofer or something similar.

Because everyone and their wife's son is on the "audiophile" dick wagon. She's just poking fun at the people who spend extravagant on placebos

google "mofi pressings"

ITT: autists who don't get the point of headphones

Want nice quality music but you have roommates? Are you in public? Need to keep the sound in for multitrack recording? Loud things in your environment?

What kind of headphones are you using? I can.

Seems like the audiophile bandwagon peaked globally around 2011-2012 and has since gone away, especially this year, which is why i didnt understand your post.

yeah, you can spend around $300 on headphones and have pretty great quality. who even brings their best headphones in public? it's distracted listening anyway. there is no benefit to bringing your $300 cans into public.

i've never really had that much trouble with headphone bleed from my AKGs when recording guitar, vocals, or ADR but it's something to keep track of.

loud things i can agree with, but no headphone is ever gonna fully isolate you from anything. unless you wanna talk about Bose, which don't even get me started.

semi-open backs. AKG K240s. i guess closed backs would give you more punch in your low end. comparable to mons, but definitely not the same experience. low end is something you feel, for the most part, now something you hear.

Since I Left You.

>Arca
Yes but it sounds disgusting to me. It's so clean it's like i can hear his perversions

It's crazy how Fantasma blows out all his other albums. Have you seen the remastered one with all the additional tracks?

I don't think you'll get the same experience listening to this on shitty earbuds.

How would you even get hold of the stems?

>implying I use shit earbuds
>implying I use headphones either
>implying studio monitors aren't far superior
>implying I'll even be listening to the record at all
bitch please don't patronize me

i hate music too, user

thet use RATM's s/t to test the quailty of sound equipment

thats an eva edit waiting to happened

I have two pairs of headphones. I use my $300 ones at home at my laptop because I love the warm, full, clear sound with good stereo separation. In public I have a $20 pair of headphones because you're not going to hear the little audiophile nuances when you're riding a bus.

Good speakers are good speakers, you're still going to get better quality.

hahahahahahahaha

holy kek

>you dont even need a pair of super high end cans because headphone listening will NEVER be the same as listening on monitors.
>anything from the $150-$300 range for headphones is more than you'll ever need. anything else is a little dumb, imo

Indeed. The legendary Sony MDRs are basically an endgame headphone. Anything beyond those, and the diminishing returns are huge.

If your budget is even >200 for stereo equipment, time to grow up and start looking at speakers. The super cheap JBL LSR305s demolish every headphone in existence.

>The super cheap
>JBL LSR305
>$149.99
Do I get two speakers in a set? My MDRs were $80.

300 is super cheap for a powered monitor and high performing speakers in general.

I love listening to lofi stuff on dollar store earbuds

hey i've got a pair of speakers here that are really good

they're 800 dollars, but i'll sell them to you for 600 dollars if you pay shipping. they're really good, which reflects in how much they cost. go ahead and buy them from me, you will get out of them what you put in, i promise.

MFSL, SACD, DVD-A, and Blu-Ray audio remasters. Classical, Jazz.

Also, most music mixed prior to the loudness wars sounds pretty good.

>speakers

i meant headphones, obvs, which is even better. 600 dollars and you can have REALLY GOOD headphones to listen to music through. 600 dollars' worth of quality, to be exact.

Not liking recorded music doesn't necessarily mean someone hates music, user. Not speaking personally however.

you are my hero

this sounds like a spicy new pasta luigi