Anyone else playing? Not sure if i should follow the path to the Atlas Centers or the Galactic center

Anyone else playing? Not sure if i should follow the path to the Atlas Centers or the Galactic center

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/captrad
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Been playing since 9pm my time

Which path are you taking?

I haven't gotten it yet, but can you make multiple playthroughs on one playstation account?

Dont think so, but why would you want to?

How do you like it until now, I am considering buying it. Is it good?

Multiple people use my ps4

>hasn't arrived yet

I'm not gonna make it.

Fucking European release got pushed back a day, really annoying. Is it as buggy as it's been made out to be? I preordered it months ago, booked days off work and everything for it.

You should just make more profiles m9. I don't think it needs.PSPlus

Okay, question time:
I haven't heard much about the game except for that you can discover a universe and the goal is to reach the middle of the galaxy.
But if you/someone reaches it is the game over? Can you play it again? I mean, what if I buy the game in a couple of months and someone already reached the center, will it just start over again?

Is this even out on PC

Also curious. I want honest feedback before hopping on the hype-train

Nope. Not until the 12th

Oh shit I heard it did

soon friend

It's not like the games main objective becomes nullified if someone beats you to it. You aren't going to be the first person in the world to beat the game, dude.

You can get to the center of the universe in 30 hours. Best to take your time and explore and enjoy.

not yet. They have made it so pc has too wait 3 days

Google it boiiiii

Not with the patch buddy

>explore
>explore these same looking universal crystals
>explore these same planets painted differently
Literally redundantly boring after 3 hours, anyone playing it and enjoying it for longer than that is an autist.

>no multiplayer

I see. I thought it was kinda like this "what's inside the cube" bullshit where it was over as soon as the cube was destroyed.

that doesn't bode well

>You can get to the center of the universe in 30 hours.
>30 hours

Nope. The leaked version had a bug that made the atlas stone easy to find and you could sell them for a ridiculous prize, giving you nearly infinite fuel

>no 360 noscope
>litterally bullshit

I wish I wasn't a poorfag so I could play it on the 12th. Also, nice trips. If there's some richfag willing to gift me the game that'd be nice

steamcommunity.com/id/captrad

If you're a nu male who likes shitty AI and empty worlds then yeah.

Kek'd thanks user

My pleasure

>implying
I was super hyped for the game, but I didn't fall for the devs lies. If I could "do anything" I would be pirating ships looting planets and be able to play with a group of friends as my group of pirate buddies and we would explore and plunder the great black ocean, but instead all the game is, is a crystal grinding shitfest where there's shitty crystals for you to shoot across the universe with shitty grotesque animals that are about as varied as starbounds generated enemies. Piracy is hardly available as an option and doesn't have a single thought behind it. The game is literally a hallway of planets increasing in distance even though you're going to the center of a spiral galaxy which you would think is where the most mass of planets and least space between is.

>do anything
>crystal shooting grind no other options

Well shit i thought this thread died, OP here. I've probably played for about 5 hours now and i'd say the mystery behind the story is pushing me forward. Also you discover alien languages as you travel that help you communicate with the aliens you meet, which i think is cool. I'd say it's definitely worth getting if you like the concept of it.

It's repetitive trash.

So much samefag it hurts.

Yup pretty much this all the creatures are just lego pieces just random bullshit put together with random colors.

You sound like you bought the game expecting it to be something it isnt. It's about exploring the universe and discovering things. I'm sure once a ton of people reach the center things are going to get crazy though

Don't worry. Peter Molyneux wasn't involved in NMS.

It wasn't a bug. It was just too easy.

All that happens is you get a shitty rosetta stone you can sell for more fuel when it resets your shitty adventure quest. I didn't buy the game I'm not retarded, I review games before wasting my money. The same thing happened with spore with the "you can do anything" except spore delivered a lot more, you could literally play spore and get a better single player experience out of it.
All you faggots who go on about "it's about exploring the universe and discovering things" are all the same, and constantly ignore our argument "Every planet is the same with a different colour pallet, every animal is shittily lego'd together from an obviously recurring system of parts. The planets are hallways, exploring isn't governed by a straight line.

"constantly ignore our argument "Every planet is the same with a different colour pallet,"

Well its not true so that's that

You aren't going in a straight line though...? And with that argument literally every procedural game is trash then. I have yet to see 2 things look the same and ive been to 9 planets.

Go buy Rebel Galaxy. At least that game was only $7.50 on steam sale, and had about a months worth of play-ability before it got repetitive.

I'd like to say its good, but really its not.
Same shit over and over with slightly different textures etc

>9 planets
Wow that's a huge sample size there, maybe once you actually play the game you'll notice the starbound style of monster creation "oh I've seen those legs" "oh I remember that head".The game isn't procedural it was created from an algorithm to make planets accessible like hallways.

Did you catch pikachu ?

>accessible like hallways.
Does that even mean something

i've been to almost 40 planets and no pokecenters.
almost out of pokeballs and magic karp lube

>wot do

Well damn, the next time i'm in an mmo and i see someone with the same armor as someone else im just gonna lose my shit. Fuckin hallways

>no iron sights
>no dubstep
0/10
everyone i don't like is retarded, bro

repetitive as fuck, some characteristics just get mashed up in different ways, which is okay if you like finding stuff like that and just walking around.
The FPS style of the game is severely lacking also.

Same joke same shill.

but at least the armor means something, in this game every planet takes the same minute effort to "explore", with 0 gains and no one to show it to within 10,000 parsec

Dude have you seen the player interaction? it's not even 1 to 1 it's basically you can see their last saved position and push a button to interact with them, you can look at their profile and shit, how exciting.

Maybe 'cause it's solo nigga

One of the main points of the game is to upgrade your weapons, armor, and ship. So i mean theres quite a bit to gain. It sounds like you have no idea what you're actually talking about

ITT: poorfags who can't afford this game and bitter "PC master race" who aren't allowed it yet trying to stop people buying this perfect game

>weapons
>1 weapon

>upgrade grind to get more to get more to look at more of the same things to shoot the same crystals to get more to repeat.

holy shit ,its worse than i could have imagined.

They should have bought Space Engineers and expanded that, at least you can build giant pirate ships and battle your friends.
they even added planets and space elevators.

This feels like how they streamlined pokemon with pokemon go fucking shit ass joke of the game

yes but who can you show it to? like oooo i can make my engine bigger so i can fly into the same nothingness i just came from but faster, and blow up the same shitty e z mode beasts over and over till u uninstall from boredem

>perfect
Even I know it isn't perfect, it's fun and quaint but I can already feel it's getting repetitive, maybe the updates will fix it.

buy minecraft instead, infinite fun

I'm pretty salty over it, I'd like to play it but the devs wouldn't stop lying and being shady about what you can actually do in the game. Can you explain the path you're talking about? I still want to believe it's ok.

Is there Multiplayer?
I mean can you meet up with a buddy and fly around and walk on planets and stuff?

No, and meeting up with a friend is near impossible because you have no way to reach each other from the set path you're placed onto. The best chance you have of meeting anyone is waiting around the center of the universe and even then the 'multiplayer' is as described by this user;

Also differences you make to planets aren't universal, so you dig a ditch and it's only there for you.

l0l why do people keep asking if it is multiplayer? I just started looking at this game yesterday and found out everything I needed to know about the game on my own. Takes 5 mins to skim through videos, articles and twitter posts.

this thread is the reason why the community shouldnt trust indie studios.

if the long development time didnt give it away, it was the fact that the developers keep moving deadlines.

indie games in my personal experience are mostly shit.
there's a few gems here and there, but its just mountains of shit, looking to build themselves into a niche or exploiting the hipster community with "retro graphics (i have no budget)" or 8 bit music.

let this be a lesson, dont bother with indie games.

hopefully future indie developers will just die out.

Because The devs have lied multiple times about it's 'multiplayer' features. By their terms having a leaderboard is the same as a game being multiplayer, they just say it has multiplayer aspects to try to cheat more retards out of their money.

I think indie devs are fine, it's the over accessibility for them in recent times to make a quick buck and then abandon the project with a profit.

What I don't understand is; how could there be so much hate when it's basically the game it was intended to be and the people who like the "survival" style will enjoy it, whilst others will move on.

Maybe people like the grindey style? Maybe people like getting lost for hours on some random generated planet?

>survival
The game is more challenging if you're trying to die.

I just dont see how their "lies" are actual lies. I feel like they're more so... Ideas that they only partially or poorly executed. The main game concept is still there.

You clearly havent played because the combat isn't easy.
Theres way more than one weapon, and also enemies.

It's like you guys aren't even trying today, come on.

Ive already gotten three different weapons. And with different upgrades theyll do different shit. My guns a shotgun now, before that i practically had a minigun. You really dont know what youre talking about. You probably watched some shitty review from some ass hat that didnt actually play it and thought you knew what was up.

They said 100 times that this isn't multiplayer, you're just a dipshit.
Ok as i get 2 shotted by a pirate

Looks comfy.
Will pirate on the 12th and buy on sale later if it's good.
£40 for an indie sandbox crafting survival game is absolutely shameful.

I've seen too many streams in the past 12 hours where people have started off, used their mining beam and forgot to charge it, being unable to mine without scavenging.

I've seen too many streams find themselves nearly frozen to death due to lack of resources and without any mines to make entrances to caves.

You can still die fairly easily, especially when you know nothing about the game and waste your resources on builds that are inessential especially to beginning repair and then leaving the first planet.

Then please enlighten me as to how you can 'do anything'. Can you capture the animals and sell them? Can you do anything but shoot crystals and fly to the next planet for more crystal shooting?

They didnt say there wasnt multiplayer. They said you could run into someone if your really tried but that wasnt the point of the game.

Not too mention all the different shit theyll add into the vanilla game once it really gets going.

Nope. Set your ps4 as your main ps4 for your PSN account in settings and all accounts will have PSplus access if that one psn is linked to the system.
All's good, friend.

Also did you see where theyre adding base building and the ability to own freighters in the next patch?
Vanilla is awesome. And as it keeps going itll only get better

thanks op will buy

again... "I just dont see how their "lies" are actual lies. I feel like they're more so... Ideas that they only partially or poorly executed. The main game concept is still there."

It's like saying you "can do anything in life" You could literally make HUNDREDS of suggestions to tweak, add, effect etc etc. A patch could add "capturing animals" a patch could improve the pirateing + trading aspect. Every playthrough, and twitch stream i watch wasnt misleading, HEY IF YOU DONT WANNA "SHOOT CRYSTALS" that doesnt make the game shit, it's just not for you.

if you're just curious IGG already has it pegged as an upcoming game it'll crack.

>not worth the money

This