Tfw finally storing my instruments, uninstalling my music softwares and getting a 9 to 5

>tfw finally storing my instruments, uninstalling my music softwares and getting a 9 to 5

Guess it's times eh lads. I don't want the next christmas to be yet another "when will he grow out of this?" one.

It will be one of my NY resolutions to stop all that, as it clearly won't pay off. It was fun though.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you have any recordings that you are proud of? How did survive without a job before? Or were you just a wagecuck?

why can't you still make music for fun while having a job?

Because one of the things I did to convince my parents I'm not a complete loser was go back to college. So I actually studied my ass off and got into one of the top universities of my country in order to study law, which is great because it's free. I started at 26, after 7 years of making music, but I'm 28 now and I'm still 3 years away from graduating. Law is demanding af, I can't have a job, make music and study it, and if I quit college in order to keep music + a regular job they will murder me.

I could do all that shit and then come back when I graduate, but I'll be 31 and after three years of inexperience it will be like starting all over. Of course, many musicians seem to be making it at a later age nowadays, probably because of the internet, but the chances are way too small for me to bother. Also I'm just sick of being the failson. My three brothers and all of my cousins already have college degree, one is working in a phd, the other has his own business, and then there's user, "still making music?" "how many nights are you getting paid?" "can you live on that"?

Another, less practical reason to quit completely is to not have it tempting me anymore. I wouldn't be able to quit smoking if I still smoked a few times every month. Same thing goes with music. And every time I'm playing or composing, everything else stops mattering and I just want to do that. So I better remove it completely from my life and start detox.

Sorry for being dramatic, but this is my first experience with failing at a dream. And it's Christmas so I'm even more bummed out than usual.

Good luck user, I hope you don't let yourself lose your music completely.

Well, hopefully law works out for you and stuff.

Maybe you can come back to music as a passion project once you get everything sorted out?

Godspeed, dear friend. Got any links for us to listen to before you go?

fair answer. curious to hear your stuff, but understand if you'd rather not post it.

i mean i kinda think it's shitty of your parents to bitch at you for doing something you enjoy. (if you were supporting yourself while doing it.)

agree with this guy, godspeed friend.

>Godspeed
>godspeed

confirmed for if there is a god of law it is now on user's side.

Holy shit speak of the devil

LOOK AT THOSE QUINTS

user YOUR LAW CAREER WILL TAKE THE FUCK OFF AND YOU OTHER LAWYERS WILL FEAR YOUR PRESENCE

That's a very nice essay, but do you actually WANT to stop making music? You can always pick it back up later, it's never too late. Stop worrying about how you appear to your family and just have fun with the short, fleeting time you've been given on this planet

>law god
>devil tipically represented as a lawyer
>repeating 6s
Fuck i want to make a pact too, it's not fair

Lots of artists come back after they left their passion

if it was truly your passion, you will come back to it when the time is right

>66666

are New York resolutions different from regular resolutions?

holy shit i'm fuckin blacking out

B-b-but i w-will still make it... right senpai?

godspeed, op.

Just read this. That really sucks user
Thinking ahead for myself and many other people on this board, how can one avoid this situation?

don't be an idiot who cares about what other people think so much and just do what you like to do

what have you done anooon

Do you know people invented this concept called "hobby" that is using your leisure time to do something that doesnt necessarily gives you money.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby

I've delayed getting a job for years. Now I'm 27 and it's much harder to get a job now than when I was younger because I'm given less leeway and also the economy has gotten worse. All I can do now is try my best and hope I get hired by a fast food place.

lmao same here, i'm going back college after dropping out, but i'm 26, too fuckin old. ia have a shitty job n a supermarket