mde-tv.bandcamp.com/track/zombie-food
youtube.com/watch?v=645r40YSNa4
youtube.com/watch?v=kZ43nlWmoeA
youtube.com/watch?v=bXUijntNjT4
youtube.com/watch?v=NoJfEv4eqzs
youtube.com/watch?v=m1ANKcK1qCM
soundcloud.com/finn-keane91
soundcloud.com/pcmus/xtreme-mixology
pitchfork.com/news/70282-bands-featured-on-adult-swims-cancelled-million-dollar-extreme-disavow-show/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wow this is cringeworthy

is this how you are with everyone when you discuss music

like there are actual ways you can say musical opinions without looking a toddler you know

>PURPOSELY
Oh boy...

is this the "Oh no! It's too much jizz!" of 24 Dec 2016?

user, it's christmas.

why aren't you with friends or family?

y u do this

The fact that you said pitchfork likes them shows how full of shit you are. The only thing they ever did was give that QT song and sophies (not even PC) first few songs BNT. And that was like 3 years ago. Theyve trashed everything else since.

It's the vaporwave of 2017 m8. Get with it.

PC Music are the new Ferraro/OPN/Dean Blunt/Mac Demarco. They will be the new kings of post-post-post-irony.

I know this is bait but I've never seen anyone make that argument

>he's never heard of OPN, Animal Collective or James Ferraro
>"dude the music is SUPPOSED to be shitty it's an artistic statement bro"

Pitchfork was curious in the beginning but has either panned or outright ignored them the past few years

Who ever said it was purposely shitty? It's definitely ironic and satirical, but they never said they were trying to sound like shit.

That's right, I just took the BAIT

Sorry should have qualified that. I haven't seen anyone make that argument for PC Music

it's literally 2deep4u

Are KKB part of this scene? They're fucking good and I remember them getting lumped in with PC music when they first got big

it's actually intentionally really good

Finally someone agrees with me. Pc music is absolute garbage.

kkb are one of the worst my dude. literally crazy frog

What's the best PC music track?

What is pc music, is it supposed to sound like plastic?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Axel F

mde-tv.bandcamp.com/track/zombie-food

Hey that's actually pretty good

PC Music make actually funny parody music that's sometimes better than the music they're parodying

>shitty
their music is incredibly well written, cook and harle are classically trained and i guarantee know more about music than anyone on this board

try actually paying attention to melody and structure in their songs instead of hurr its just cheesy pop music!!!

Gus from KKB used to be in PC Music and they've played shows with the PCM crew. they're like SOPHIE, not quite PC Music but adjacent.

Just listen to PC Music vol 1. My favorite track is "In My Dreams" by Danny L Harle although it's more under the radar

if SOPHIE counts then Hard or Just Like We Never Said Goodbye
if not then Hannah Diamond - Every Night

>not mentioning the obvious Trout Mask Replica
Also, OPN isn't shitty, purposely or otherwise.
You're thinking of Dean Blunt.

>pay attention to melody and harmony
I have. Its still cheesey pop music, with no redeeming qualities. Inb4 its ironic

actually anyone who's read up on the pc music guys would know its not ironic, thats just something poptimist/think piece culture came up with because they can't handle the idea of white guys in England making better and more interesting pop music than bullshit artists like Grimes or the committee-written top 40 pop they try to pass off as meaningful.

If you really give it a shot you will see what's different and fascinating about it, but if you're determined to see it as shitty pop music then of course that's all you'll see...

So you agree that top 40 committe written pop is garbage, but you dont see how PC Music is identical? Maybe im wrong, maybe you are. Im not really sure.

Can you give me a specific example of how different pc music is?

I don't think it's necessarily garbage, I like some pop songs. But they're not very unique.

youtube.com/watch?v=645r40YSNa4
youtube.com/watch?v=kZ43nlWmoeA
youtube.com/watch?v=bXUijntNjT4

here are a few examples, im sure someone else can come up with better but I don't know how you can think these sound like anything on the radio

Its a combination of whats done on the radio, a very sloppy and amateurish take on house music filtered through basic fl studio presets, and jpop/kpop styles.

am i wrong?

>am i wrong?
yes. it's sugary pop glory

Actually, im not wrong. Relistened. Its still shit.

well considering the 3 tracks i linked sound nothing like k/j-pop (other than maybe the first one) or radio pop im gonna say yeah... you're just determined to dislike it. Which is fine, that's your prerogative. Just don't pretend to be an unbiased listener when you claim it's derivative or unoriginal

>cook and harle are classically trained
so is easyFun

fpbp

is he? I know Alex and Danny went to school together but idk much about the rest of the group's background, except that Hannah studied photography (of course)

ag cook could easily be the next max martin with the right connects
he crafts literally perfect pop songs

How can this be pop if it's not popular?

There is no such thing as an unbiased listener. Something must have gone wrong for you to enjoy this. Contemplate what moment in your life lead up to this one.

did gfoty hit your dog with her car or something.. what's your damage senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=NoJfEv4eqzs

pc music is a cancer on music

this nigga really mad as fuck about PC Music

Yes I'm angry. Im not willing to tolerate this plaguing this board and my world any more. Ive put up with it too long.

this is you right now
youtube.com/watch?v=m1ANKcK1qCM

yep, they met him in school

soundcloud.com/finn-keane91

Wow this is actually the least terrible pc music track I've ever heard

Seconded. Though the track's structure pisses me off. It's so anticlimactic.

Do you know if they have any more music that utilizes that kind of jumpy, cut up vocal sound? I actually really like that

I thought this thread was about Politically Correct music like Beyoncé or Solange

if we're really gonna stoop to that level, something must have gone wrong with you for being hostile towards pop music, by definition what the majority of people enjoy, so you're the odd/"wrong" one out, technically

soundcloud.com/pcmus/xtreme-mixology
GFOTY, Spinee, and DJ Warlord
and then a more poppy version in Broken Flowers and Awake for Hours by Danny L Harle

>they can't handle the idea of white guys in England making better and more interesting pop music than bullshit artists like Grimes or the committee-written top 40 pop they try to pass off as meaningful.

I didn't know PC Music fans were Sup Forumsfaggost kinda people.

I'm personally not but you don't have to be a Sup Forumsack to see Pitchfork cares more about aesthetics and story than actual music quality. And the whole "white guys" shit came up so much when they first started making music.

PC music is alt-right

this is true

pitchfork.com/news/70282-bands-featured-on-adult-swims-cancelled-million-dollar-extreme-disavow-show/

>Pitchfork has also reached out to Danny L. Harle and his representatives.
>no comment

>the whole "white guys" shit came up so much when they first started making music

Links?

just google pc music and "appropriation". or look at virtually any Pitchfork review of a PC Music artist or compilation.

>Danny L. Harle was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped him sign to PC Music, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Danny, I'm Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view he appears to have continued to maintain throughout his later years. According to Fields, Danny once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people".

well i adored xtreme mixology. holy shit thats the best pc music related thing ive ever heard.

danny harle wasnt really my thing, though the instrumentals were interesting.

actually awake for hours was really great
broken flowers wasnt my thing at all

lmao, the whole genre is a joke. It's meant to piss people off by never including any drops.

riceshoes?