Have you ever tried playing any of the music you like for your normie friends? If so, how did they react?

Have you ever tried playing any of the music you like for your normie friends? If so, how did they react?

Yes, i tried playing them some modest mouse and they said i was a fucking weirdo and that it sounded stupid. And they come over and play god damn "Minnesota".

>normie friends

dont have any

get those normie fucks out of your life

No, I don't want them to steal my music.

They liked it. The trick is to gauge your audience

Low is a good album to play to your qt pleb friends

I played Kero Kero Bonito at work today and all the girls there said it was stupid.

I don't have friends.

Having friends means I have to leave the house. Fuck that noise.

they only like animal collective pretty much. i tried playing spectrum and spacemen 3 but they were not having it

i like screamo
i like death grips
i like bebop jazz

i think modest mouse is garbage. i don't understand the love for that band. simple, repetitive music. bad singing. definitively the worst of "indie pop" in my mind.

And they were correct

NO. MY NORMIE FRIENDS ARE FUCKING GAYWADS!!!

Yeah me and my boys jam out to trout mask replica and Tago Mago all the time.

It's the aesthetic of living in a small western town.
It won't click any other way.

my best friend is a fantano drone so I always know how he will react to my musical advances

I linked my friend a striborg album and he messaged me the next day that he listened to 9 straight hours of Striborg that day and wanted more.

Maybe I don't have normie friends.

You win some, you lose some

friends seem to like hearing my music though, I guess it's something different for them since it's not necessarily top 100

t, jealous roasties

Modest mouse makes you feel all emotions, and it switches between them well. At times it can be melancholy, others it can be sentimental and rich. The music has a depth that isn't derived from complexity in writing, but emotional value.

Played some tracks off of pic related for my brother, he wasn't a fan.

haha good job you need to expose big black to the normie masses! do it user

wow what a thread of tru slav pictures

Stop playing that crap listen to this new eden song.

songs about fucking has been in hipster yuppie jukeboxes for decades

i got my bf into future funk. he usually listens to medieval and military music

i rap so it should be easy to entertain friends
the thing is i read off paper so im not that good of a live performer
>in b4 not a real rapper

oh well i deal with the hand i was dealt as a musician
i can play the drum kit well so theres that

I showed a normieish girl a Velvet Underground song and she ended up really getting into them. She's really into the Beach Boys right now I think.

damn is ur boyfriend a patrician in secret?
does he come on here do you know?

I work at a gas station and played some Cohen in the days after he died.

"He sounds like he's dying."
"I thought it was Lennon or that other guy who sounds like him", I think he meant Dylan

I never even realized how inaccessible Cohen was until that day. His music always perfectly fit the aesthetic I imagine of a poet that I couldn't comprehend something might put people off.

Yeah, and I thought cohen was moderately popular. I heard So long Marianne as a kid, yknow.

My friends are not normies.

yo Sup Forums give me a quick top 10 of songs that normies would like
mostly of the rap persuasion too

he isnt really that much into music, he just has a massive history boner.
nah he only goes to /tg/ and /m/

I also played Townes Van Zandt and some guy blew his horn at the fact that I was singing a song that wasn't rap, that it was wholesome and respectful to women. The song that played at that very moment was Tecumseh Valley, one of the most memorable lines is "so she turned to whorin'", which I guess isn't too disrespectful given that it's a matter of fact but I still thought it was funny.

so probably not what qualifies as a patrician

what are some memorable groups townes van zandt was a part of again? i know i can use google but honestly im too tired to open up a new tab i'd rather wait 4 ur answer

what music should i show him to transform him into a patrician

it doesnt work that way babe. he has to become one himself by years and years of music collecting and listening
it really doesnt matter what u show him he might say it sucks right to ur face and hurt your feelings

None that I know of. He was a country-folk singer-songwriter, most his most well-known stuff is from the 60s and 70s.

you could just try showing him all the Sup Forumscore then try to single out what genres he prefers the most out of those

he wasn't in that band that sings sweet home alabama lol?