AMC's Preacher Pregame Thread

Series premiere is tonight on AMC at 10/9c.

who /hyped/ here?

Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg are bringing the real televisionkino.

Other urls found in this thread:

aintitcool.com/node/75229
youtube.com/watch?v=rXYqreS_t8k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_Resentment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Leave D&D to us.

Can Mel Gibson make a tv show called Rabbi?

Please tell me someone will stream this for all Sup Forums canadian!

t. numale cucks

It's based on the comic, and was made literally because Seth and Evan wouldn't shut the fuck up.

Also first for no Herr Starr/Saint Of Killers

They're excusing this by saying 1st season's basically a prequel,

>no cursing
>no outrageous violence
>no nudity
>severely toned down the sexism, racism, homophobia of the comic
>no super edgy offensive shit
I'd rather not watch it and don't ruin my love for the comic.

Saint of Killers was actually confirmed to be in. Graham McTavish is playing him.

Starr is from later storylines, maybe in season 2.

me but its gonna be shit

So anyone in the UK know the Amazon deal? Is it one episode a week or released all at once?

>a Rogen/Goldberg production

OY VEY

>no pregame thread for the premiere of Outcast on Cinemax next Sunday w/ comfy Pat 'Fuck It' Fugit

You faggots are really dropping the ball in here lately, aren't you

I'm workin on it famalam

>next Sunday

Ok, so it's it's less than two weeks, whenever the fuck it is...June 3rd?

It's never too early for pregame threads...but by all means, you fags get back to your capeshit and obsession with that faggot Zack Snyder

they're surely not going to release them all at the same time m8. If they did, Americans would watch rips online.

what is the premise of this show

Is it true that they don't have SoK or Starr and that the first season is about the meat factory?

No. There is a flashback to SoK before he became the saint, back in the 1880s, so he'll play a part at some point in the future. And Cassidy is on the run because a yet-unnamed religious organization is after him, which could be the Grail, though there's no Starr news yet.

RE: Saint of Killers from AICN interview: aintitcool.com/node/75229

Quint: I might be wrong, but I thought the logo on the whiskey bottle in the pilot, which is silhouette of the cowboy, was the exact outline of the Saint of Killers from the comic.

Dominic Cooper: Yeah, it is.

Quint: I'm dying to see how they approach that character.

Dominic Cooper: It's very cool. The backstory is very cool and I don't know the half of it yet. I've just seen glimpses of it. They're actually shooting him this week.

Quint: Have they announced who's playing him?

Dominic Cooper: I don't know, but you'll like it. If I had my camera I'd show you a glimpse.

Quint: Well, I wish you had your camera!

Dominic Cooper: He looks really cool. You're going to love it!

Quint: And if you had your camera I would be even happier because then I would have seen the Saint of Killers!

Dominic Cooper: … I could get my camera and show you.

And so he did, the kind-hearted soul. I can confirm the silhouette of the Saint of Killers is pretty right on, long duster, big hat, six-shooters and all.

I'm alright.

Reminder, they replaced god with aliens so as not to offend anyone

Mel Gibson's Cerebus when ?

source?
If they do this, I swear to fucking christ

oh damn is that King Llane

>>no cursing
>>no outrageous violence
>>no nudity
>>severely toned down the sexism, racism, homophobia of the comic
>>no super edgy offensive shit
>I'd rather not watch it and don't ruin my love for the comic

No that's in there.

Toned down a smidge.

But it's there

Is amc actually allowing them to use every curse that was in the comic book? I doubt Amc would let them say nigger. Besides, the show looks to be way too different from the comic. I don't understand dhow we can never get a faithful adaptation. The preacher comic has basically wrote itself. The way everything is introduced you are hooked instantly. The bizarre character and storylines are just too damn fun for them to be watered down to this bullshit.

Gotta remember that after 9 PM you can swear on TV . I know the N word has been used in Hell on Wheels. So it's nothing new. So was the F word during breaking bad.

Im just asking because they fucked over negan in the walking dead. Such a huge disappointment, they hyped began up and didn't even give the goods.
People keep saying amc lets them do whatever but thats a bunch of bullshit. The Governor storyline was completely devoid of the shock and awesome moments. Michonnes torture and revenge, the prisoner serial killer who killed hershels two daughters.

5 hours left right?

Here, have a OC picture.

Don't know the budget, but I think stars have to align for this to be good.
Adapting this to a good tv script seems very difficult, so I don't have great hopes for this.
Also, if Mr. Starr is cut, they can suck on goatballs.

it leaked, anyone got a link? mega preffered

Sup Forums BTFO

Teelevision reviews tend to be extremely positive for some reason, even for garbage shows.

that artwork is ugly as sin

Does he try to kill himself with a lemon in the AMC adaption?

my reddit bros came thru with a leak. fuck this place im outs

He is uncensored on the dvd.

Think I made the right decision to not watch past s01.
Series preview ratings on RT and MC are some of the most bloated numbers you'll find on the net.
>lol, 7% less that Supergirl

I thought that was a preproduction make up test for a movie.

Why are you hyped? No saints of killers no The Presence. Will be fucking awful.

They don't even have the budget to do the dream sequences and heaven set pieces right.

Fucking hell. Did they blackwash the main actress because "muh diversity"?

Yes, you're kinda late, been known for months now.

Did Sup Forums at least get mad about it?

Nah they were very level headed and praised it for choosing someone good enough for the job at least.

What planet you from, boy?

i really hate Seth Rogans Comedy, so i am really afraid that he is going to straight fuck this up

Fucking jew hater.

tfw you'll never get the HBO 1:1 adaption of Preacher

he's already said that he's gonna branch way off from the comics

>read Wikipedia synopsis
Lmao this is the edgiest bullshit I've ever seen, I almost grew a fedora out of my scalp just glancing through it

The Saint of Killers is literally Coldsteel the Hedgeheg

So I'm guessing they're leaving out John Wayne being Jessie's imaginary friend

Who cares? She's very cute and has been good and capable in all her roles.

Was a make up test. Done by V.G.P. (vgpeffects.com/#!effects-portfolio). But made for the pilot HBO commissioned I think.

Story is ridiculous, but worked in comic form.
And synopsis are not a good way to get a feel of a movie, tv series or comic.

Streams?

>RT

have you not learned anything, cuckboi?

>tfw John Wayne won't show up to pep talk Jesse

You can swear on cable whenever the fuck you want. There's no special time slot.

>HBO
>1:1 adaption

So how many hours until it's up for download?

Is the guy from Misfits one of the main characters?

yfw it'll be seth rogen instead

“The new head of HBO felt it was just too dark and too violent and too controversial. Which, of course, is kind of the point,” said Johnson. “It was a very faithful adaptation of the first few books, nearly word for word. They offered me the chance to redevelop it but I refused. I’ve learned my lesson on that front and I won’t do it again. So I’m afraid it’s dead at HBO.”

Somebody tell me what this gayass show is about

It's about preacher.

Is this the new Game of Thrones/Walking Dead?

Just another Sunday show to bitch about yeah

A preacher is infused with a supernatural being that gives him the power that other people will do whatever he tells them to. He is joined by his spunky gf, an Irish vampire, and "arseface" and they go on adventures in a ridiculously exaggerated archetypal version of AMERICA.

Wait is it airing directly opposite Game of Thrones? Do they want to have shit ratings?

He tried to OD on Warheads.

>Seth Rogen
Fucking dropped.

Bullshit. An atheistic, presumptuous screed against god is the safest thing you could do nowadays.

No, Fear the Walking Dead is on at the same time as Game of Thrones and then Preacher comes on.

>black
>cute
She looks like a 40 year old maid.

AMC shows have a ridiculous amount of commercials.

They said nigger on Sons of Anarchy so much

lol they're going with that palette?

at least it's impossible to write shitter than ennis

>She looks like a 40 year old maid.

thatsmyfetish.jpg

>It's an Americans talking about the show as if the diversity comissar is standing near

Awe you scawed that the N wowd is going to be dwopped? Ow the C wowd? Ow the H wowd?

Wiw thew show the nippwe? Ow a cock?

Will there be a talking dog?

First 4 Minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=rXYqreS_t8k

RT is pushing cultural marxism hard and anyone linking them in any context is either a shill or an useful idiot.

>hmmm what next
>extreme amount of gore as a transition device

classic american storytelling

bet there's gonna be music montages at the end of every episode.

>cultural marxism

There it is again, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_Resentment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair

Well, she is white too

How will this show get around all the rampant edginess of the comics?

Sexual investigators looked like they were in it. I'm betting Starr shows up before the end of this season. If it gets past the first season

Well we will see.

Since Garth Ennis said that he loved the first two episodes we can have faith in Preacher.

>Since Garth Ennis said that he loved the first two episodes we can have faith in Preacher.

Yeah, just like how James Cameron loved Genisys!

>Ruth Negga
>born in 1982 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
>white
If this is what white people look like in 2015, then put a bullet in my skull.

>Negga

Stream where?

Bullshit. They flip a cross hanging outside a church upside down in the teaser where there African preacher uses the word of God before exploding. They will offend people with this.

I don't get it.

>Supergirl
>AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE 53%

and that's too much. RT is useless for TV shows.

She is literally half-white. Her mom is Irish. You can complain she is black, but you can't say she isn't white.

>f this is what white people look like in 2015, then put a bullet in my skull.

A black person will be along shortly to do so.

>half-black people are white
You really don't understand how this works, do you?

That "HBO" picture has been floating around forever. Rogen said they deliberately didn't do it like that out of respect for the person who did the bust.

You can't mix white with something and then claim it's still white.

>They flip a cross hanging outside a church upside down in the teaser where there African preacher uses the word of God before exploding. They will offend people with this.

Which is funny since an upside cross isn't actually Satanical or blasphemous, it's a sign of penitence, so they'll just be revealing their own ignorance.

As a Swede, I know the Civil War is imminent. Please pray I make it out before it starts. I can't have long now.