I tried watching e-""""""""sports""""""""" yesterday

I tried watching e-""""""""sports""""""""" yesterday.

I think I understand why people like it, but the main issue is that it's really fucking complicated for neutral people. In football everything makes sense, you can pick it up just by watching. Same as other sports (apart from Aussie Rules).

In this though it's shit flashing on a screen and I can't work out for the fucking life of me what's happening.

What do others think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ElXGllTpp0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

depends on the game. COD or CS GO is pretty simple to watch. Rocket league as well

Rocket League surely doesn't count. It's just football for autists.

CoD and CSGO and things are kind of ruined by the variety of maps I think. You need a level playing field. If you're always changing shit around it's not really balanced and fair.

maybe, but i mean in terms of someone who isnt into gaming, they can follow those types of games easily. MOBAS, or RTS games arent for casual fans.
Arcade beat-em-ups could also work as an easy to follow e-sport

I will never watch e-sports and not laugh. Literally just seeing the venue for it, including the gif in the OP, makes me laugh. Thanks for the keks, OP.

Honestly I think that stage is pretty neat

Looks like something from Yurovision

I've thought about this alot actually

if Esports want to enter the mainstream it's going to need a minecraft type game, simple enough for retards to grasp, but with a competitive aspect.

MOBA's like League or even Counterstrike are too complicated.

And even then i don't see E-sports getting bigger then the UFC for example

Dota 2 is actually pretty damn hard for a casual to grasp. Hell, it's hard to understand if you haven't played the game outright, casual or not. League is easier to watch since it isn't as convoluted visually as Dota is and can somewhat grasp the situation each team is in.

That's the problem though. For a game to be as simple as that it's difficult for it to have any sort of skill level on high. The thing about stuff like Dota is that because it's complex it means there's a lot more in the way of skill you can get.

As said before, the only thing that's simple enough is Rocket League, and that's just football.

Honestly I've tried Dota and I fucking suck at it, but it's still much more interesting and fun to watch and play than League.

i agree, and i don't know if a game im talking about will ever even be made, if i did i'd be notch

The real trouble is the more you simplify the more boring things become

Instagib UT is probably the most simple form of FPS possible, but it's just not at all fun to watch.

CSGO just had E-League which was played on TBS. So in sports bars and I heard even airports and airplanes had it shown. I think the tension in rounds eg.1v3 clutches etc, makes it exciting. plus its not dweeby type of game like those MOBAs

havent actually watched a single game of this years TI yet

main event hasnt started yet anyway, has it?

Group stages

Oh yeah, it doesn't look bad. It's the fact that it's associated with e-sports that makes me laugh.

All those flashing lights and intensity for some neckbeards to push some buttons on a screen. Kek.

It's not really that much different to if people set off fireworks in chess games. Alright, it's dumb, but it's there to get the audience hyped

I'd watch 3D ultra Mini Golf 2 on E!SPN

>e-""""""""sports""""""""
>""""""""""""""""""""""complicated""""""""""""""""""""""

>people set off fireworks in chess games
What

Competitive Bad Company 2 would be better

BF3 > Bad Company 2

your not wrong, I just like the maps in Bad Company better

for someone who hasn't played either, Dota 2 and LoL are the same damn game

watch the second game col vs execration
>stats dont lie
>nahaz shit coach

That's not strictly true. They look completely different, and mechanically they're noticeably different even to people who don't know better.

Dice could make it happen if they wanted to, but people are already falling for le epic 64 player battles, muh explosions, muh destruction, muh graphics so why bother.

Battlefield >One looks like the worst fucking shit I swear

>ww1 game
>No French
Fuck you Dice.

As far as E-"sports" are concerned, I could only see myself watching CSGO or Rocket League maybe. That or some old shit like UT99

I dunno, I watched this live with a bunch of people I didnt know at a bar since it was on ESPN2 and people got pretty hype actually. They were pretty drunk and I told them that it was an NA team vs a chinese team and they told some other people and when the big dunk happened there were some USA chants, it was pretty fun actually
youtube.com/watch?v=3ElXGllTpp0

I'd love a 32 vs 32 competitive tournament

What the hell is going on

Why is there an e-sports thread unironically on Sup Forums lads?

Mods drove off all of the actual sports fans

I'm a Sup Forumsartan. I'm just curious to see if Sup Forums has ways to make it not shit.

That's because there is nothing else to watch in the middle of the afternoon.
t. me (former bartender at airport)

Hell we use to show Poker, Pool, Fishing and a variety of other things. Sometimes if it was really bad we either have a Sport News Channel (Sportscenter) or even "THE" News.