So

so did ya get what ya wanted?

Yeah. Got a new record player in fact. I think it's a good one (but I'm not certain).

Yeah, I got the This Heat Out of Cold Storage box set, the Rolling Stones in mono box set and a couple of books

New Turntable and a couple new records

yep nothing

I got a desk and a chair. I hope the added comfort will enhance my listening experience.

Got my dog a toy snake and she loves it.

yeahj. new speakers and TLOP

New phone and a Pere Ubu shirt

How are you guys receiving music? How do your parents know what you're into and what you would like?
Have you actually ever talked about This Heat or Pere Ubu at length with the person that got you that?

Presents are really low effort around my family, is why I ask. Random / cheap bullshit for the sake of having said you got them something.

yeah
ath m40x headphones, my first hi-fi ones
it's lots of fun hearing all that new shit in my favourite albums

it's still in the mail

I froze the neck out of the duck I cocked and played fetch with my housemates dog until he ate it.

He seemed pretty happy.

Later I plan on giving him her basketball to play with and pop. He loves doing that too.

Sad...
I got an ukelele

>still getting presents from your parents

oh yeah, forgot this board is full of underage fucks with no real jobs kek

>Have you actually ever talked about This Heat
No, I just gave my mother a list of things she could get me and let her choose. That way I get something I definitely want but there's still an element of surprise in it.

It's not, really. I'm like a month short of twenty, I don't actually expect my single mom to keep up with whatever avant shitnoise piques my interest at whatever given holiday season.

I buy myself nice things year round and her likewise, just never music or anything more than a surface level awareness. Family's never been huge on gifts.

Captcha: gliano int debussy
Dubs of truth.
Ah, I see. What else was on it?

>Ah, I see. What else was on it?
Just other box sets, guitar stuff, random shit that interests me, that sort of thing. I can't even remember most of what I wrote on it off the top of my head.

Yeah, my dad got me the Beatles white album on vinyl. I like it.

nope, autistic neet here

yeah i got socks and underwear

Got the guitar cable I asked for

also got the new David Bowie CD

Post a pic

Pic?

Ah sorry left home already, it's the one with The Modern Dance on the cover though and it's slightly blue (didn't get white for some reason)
Not the person that got me the gift, lol my parents wouldn't be very about them.

25 here. I work 12 to 14 hour days five days a week and live on my own and still visit with my parents at Christmas and exchange gifts. Sorry you lack a family bond, you scrooge.

I didn't get the right gear.

But I got some sweet isolation headphones for the studio, which is nice

My dad hit me

>tfw didn't get anything
>but I had nothing in mindd anyway, and I usually say that I don't need anything
It's true, so I don't feel really bad but it's the first time I don't get anything at all and thats kinda lame.

I got two things I wanted, but I didn't really need the rest. Got a shirt of one of my favorite hip hop albums and a dedicated trimmer, which were my favorites. I got two pairs of shoes, but I don't really need new shoes, I got a vest, but I don't wear vests, I got headphones, but I already have headphones, I got bike lights, but my bike already has those, and I got the glowing man on vinyl, but the glowing man is one of my least favorite Swans releases. I appreciate the thought though

You must be 18 or older to post here, kiddos.

I didnt get anything, we didnt even have dinner

mom's gonna buy me a pedal

My sister bought me White Pepper by Ween on vinyl. It's the only one I don't have (other than cucaracha) so it was a really sweet gift.

THAT is a fucking sweet gift my dude. Exactly Where I'm At, The Grobe, Ice Castles. Man...

Flutes of the Chi too, can't forget that lovely piece of music.

got Dire Straits-Brothers in Arms as a LP so yeah.

thats just depressing, hope you will have better 2017 than 2016 user

>still browses Sup Forums at 25

Pathetic.

Post a photo

>Pere Ubu
bye rddit

why the fuck would you care cunt

Dad made me a copper strongbox (metalfag) which I didn't expect, and I got 100 bucks which I did, so pretty cool.