Can I be real for a second?

Can I be real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies. A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot. Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game. What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want? Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine. But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU? How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..." We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory. Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them. If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

Exactly what I was thinking

Welcome to Sup Forums.

babbys first post

>impossibly big universe
What's the point?

copy paste spam do not respond. copy and paste spam, no taking bait. dont not respond

Bought it yesterday.

Personally i dont like it....to me the game is boring as fuck. I only played for a few hours though maybe it gets better.

Babies first reply

Just cus it's copy pasta doesn't mean it's bait faggot, OP has a point

>But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?
They owe what they promised people would be in the game. You don't go around talking a big fucking stink about multiplayer and use it as a selling point only to begin backpedaling and pretending you never said anything about multiplayer the day of release. That's fucking scumbag EA shit. Faggot deserves to have people rip his asshole open and refund his game. I've already sank 12 hours into this shit and I like it, but the fact these niggers lied pisses me off.

>60 dollars for a game that has no real play
Sorry, but not worth 60 dollars.Minecraft was 20 dollars and has more to it than this game.

Whats his point? That I should like it and not complain because the game creaters made a universe...

Lurk moar faggot

>using that in the wrong context

Kys

They didn't give us 18 quintrillion planets, they have us 4 gigs of game assets and a script that randomly assembled those limited assets. Just lazy game development trying to get out of actual world design.

>made it for YOU
They made it for money you fucking retard. Plus they hyped up how you could be in this entire universe with other people and may come across them, they fucking lied.

Do you know where you are?

Like or don't like what you want that's objectivity for you, he has a point in that people shouldn't act like entitled shit heads thinking they deserve .more, they have delivered on what they promised, the overhype came from the fans not the developers making false promises

Best post

>Just noticed this is a copy paste from reddit
Oh god dammit I guess I'm retarded.

Point still stands, don't lie to your consumer. I'd assume people would learn this shit after Bioware and ME3

They really are playing on Borderlands' "10 Bazillion Guns" trope.

>They didn't give us 18 quintrillion planets, they have us 4 gigs of game assets and a script that randomly assembled those limited assets. Just lazy game development trying to get out of actual world design.
THIS!
real world design takes a lot of time and effort (best example STAR CITIZEN, MASS EFFECT, SKYRIM, FALLOUT 4) a "randon number generator that picks specific assets based on certain digits and their positions" is a lot 'easier' and much more prone being 'repetitive and stale', just look at ELITE DANGEROUS.

No Mans Sky MAY get better down the road after 3-6 month of patches and DLCs.
but I stay away from it for now.
there are better sandbox games out there with much more freedom of actions

but then, once STARCITIZEN goes gold with 1.x version (and after a few obligatory "day 1" patches) all those space-games can pack up and go home crying

I played for several hours yesterday and I'd be much happier with a single galaxy sized map that was more like actual space. All the life forms from planet to planet look sort of the same. Sometimes the only difference is color. Also the combat is absolutely terrible! Still enjoying it though.

yeah no, fuck that shit. for one they didnt make the game for US or YOU they made it to make piles of money, two the developers ignored 90% of the community suggestions while making this game all the while claiming multiplayer would be at the very least a possibility and guess what its not, anyone who denies this shit get repetitive as fuck within 3 hours is a lying piece of shit, the developers new what people wanted from this game and chose to ignore them and make their own bullshit. fuck this game, if they sold it for $30 instead of $80 then maybe but not a single one of my friends is happy with his purchase and they are completely to blame for that .

If this game was free then nobody has any right to complain, but charging $60 and then Sean Murray stating in interviews that you will be able to see other players in-game but actually can't is what pisses off most people.

>kys

If we're paying money we're entitled to value for that money.

Here, have at it

Sean just wanted some alien poon you entitled fucks

Their promotional material highlighted the supposed multiplayer aspects you retard.

You can still meet people in the game

>Lie to consumers about feature for product
>Get mad when consumers call you out on being a fucking fraud

Welcome to 21st century game design ...

So you are telling me I can now play this game without having to worry about running into a 13 year old emo fag who thinks naming a planet "fart" is fun?

I'm def buying now

Haha this is actually a positive

ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES WIDE

ONE INCH DEEP

Hey that's my saying, do you watch bigfrytv by any chance?
Also it's nkt, it's actually one of the most deep games out there, not just because of the universe being procedurally generated, If it was a standard map it would be still deep with the amount of places to go and crafting and customisation

P.S. I DO ACTUALLY OWN THE RIGHTS TO THAT SAYING

Does anyone else hate the social/interactive aspect of gaming now? I mean, it seems that unless you get to go online and interact with others, games won't hold up any value to some players.

This is something that those who grew up with a NES or a SNES don't seem to mind. Maybe I am biased?

It was a too ambitious project for such a small team, and because of that the game looks and plays like shit, it was doomed to fail from the start

low standards breed failure.

k

Triggerd much?

I played it for a few hours now but going back to 7 days to die im not gonna learn 2 games at once

not OP. the fuck are your standards if what faggoli express OP said is LOW? the fuck are you m8.

Can't tell stupid people theyre idiots OP that will just make them scream louder

moar

let em know OP. Let em know

>what do these people OWE YOU?
A game with 18 quintillion planets, a game with working multiplayer, a game with interesting exploration points, a game with interesting creatures, flora and caves and shit to explore instead of recolours in half an hour, I dunno.

>How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..."
How fucking retarded do you have to be to see that "an infinite universe" is not in play here?

>this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot
Seems like a normal thing to do. Those 3 or 4 things were promised to us, and they were promised hardcore. I swear they'd almost promise to commit seppuku in front of you to convince you of the things they promised.
And we didn't get them.
What would you do?

>We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement.
Fucking Minecraft was a bigger achievement and scale.

>We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.
So how much did you get payed to say that?

>If you have the fucking audacity to complain about
"How dare you complain about a game! It's 2016, you're supposed to stay silent and accept it if a game turns out like shit."

>then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.
"You don't deserve to play this game because you criticized it"
I wasn't a fan. Never even heard of them before this. Not a good start.

Haven't gotten to play NMS yet. I hope it's good, but it's not gonna ruin my life if it's not. I'm still having fun on elite dangerous.

...What were you expecting? As far as i've remembered the only functions they ever announced, were naming things, and exploring.

It doesn't run natively on Linux. That's why the devs are faggots.