Sex vs Gender thread

Sex vs Gender thread

I'm fairly conservative, but highly educated. Here's my take on it.

Sex and gender are synonymous. They are synonymous like the words broken and crushed.
Sometimes you can use the words interchangeably, but as a language evolves new words rise to more specific cases to advance our ability to turn our thoughts into words.

Sex is merely the biological component. XX female. XY male. Easy sauce.

Gender is the social role. Man. Woman.

The reason the two are different is because people of the same sex might fill different social roles in different cultures. Some cultures have multiple roles for the same sex. (man, boy, lad, twink, bear)

So many people use the delusional Tumblr fags "otherkin-demisquid" bullshit to dilute this. Just because some looneys are trying to live out their fantasies doesn't mean the two words mean the exact same thing. Many people use those examples to strawman the argument.

tl;dr
40 years ago in America, gender and sex were completely synonymous. The only reason they aren't 100% the same word is because our language is getting more sophisticated.

Thoughts/discussion?

Just stfu and go away already faggot.

Didn't read btw

Thanks for the bump

>didn't read btw

What the fuck is that picture?

My heart is broken but not crushed

Gender rolls are cheaper by the dozen.

Honestly, alpha and beta are gender roles for males that Sup Forums likes to use. They just describe someone moreso than just saying they are male.

Just like if you claim to be an otherkin demon fox, I can just avoid the shit out of you because you need to be euthanized.

If your gender role doesn't mean anything to the average person you meet, then you're basically a social outcast. This is what you mean when you say cheaper by the dozen, no?

The more you have, the less meaningful?

what do you think about sworn virgins?
they are albanian women that count as men in a highly patriarchal society becouse the family needs a man

Is faggot a gender then ?
Or trans ?

Anybody who classifies themselves as any of those made up labels have a serious mental health problem and nobody is addressing it

50% of these people will eventually commit suicide

I'm down with the idea that it's all grey. Totally cool with that, it's like most things in life.

What's cringey and stupid as fuck is trying to label every individual shade and giving people shit when they don't take it seriously.

you wanna fuck y while dressed up as x? okay, no problem.

you wanna list off 20 made up pronouns and proclaim that not using they is a form of harassment/bigotry? Go fuck yourself

Faggot could mean your sexual orientation. It implies male, so it's a gender role depending who you talk to. Most people think it's offensive, so it's more of an insult.

Trans could be two things. Transsexual is someone who underwent surgery to make themselves the opposite sex.

Transgender is a male or female that fulfills a social role contrary to their sex. If your uncle has a dick, but wears dresses, makeup, and high heels then he is a transgender. If the makes the leap and cuts his dick into a shitty vag, he's a tanssexual.

I'm not defending this "MY PREFERRED PRONOUNS ARE KHA AND KAHNSELF"

But it is weird that English doesn't have a gender neutral pronoun like a lot of other languages. We are using "they" as a crutch because of this.

im pretty shure crossdresser is as much a gender as badminton player
even from the view of tumblr

If you were highly educated you would realize the world isn't black and white. If you were highly educated you wouldn't need to tell people you're highly educated

>If your uncle has a dick, but wears dresses, makeup, and high heels then he is a transgender. If the makes the leap and cuts his dick into a shitty vag, he's a tanssexual.
no hes a faggot

You are right. People with dysmorphia to that extent are marginalized in society. It's a hard life I wouldn't wish on anyone..

It's an user image board. I'm giving a background for context. I'm from Alabama. My whole life I was raised in a very closed minded city where anything other than White males and white females were the devil.

My education is what expanded my worldview. I think it was important to mention that. I didn't mention my degrees, training, or experience. There is no possible way this will come back to stroke my ego because none of you know who I am.

Welp. These are the official genders recognized by the laws of New York as of 2016

Nah he's not a faggot. Faggots are beta males that dress like males who like other males.

I am classifieing myself as a man and no i dont have serius health problems
just becouse right-wing pricks like you tell shit about us doesent mean my gender is not valid
fuck you and all your biggot friends

no, he and she is fine for all. The problem is someone getting offended by "he" when they look like a fucking guy

you mean english has no gender neutral pronoun like "it"?