>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kEgBRHNYBdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8t1xoSXVOiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to buy an 8 string all of a sudden

Go dean machine or go homo

What do you guys use to record guitar? As in what software. Audacity isn't working out for me.

What do you guys think of the digitech trio +? Other alternatives? Maybe it isn't worth it and I should get only a looper

are you talking about using a DAW with amp sims? or miccing a real amp and recording it?

ableton. i have an older setup with reaper for other things.

Pro tools

mathrock is the logical conclusion to guitar music

>he plays a strat

using a DAW
miccing would be nice too, if you have any mic recs

>he plays an ibanez

most use Reaper, but i can't fucking stand it and it's always a pain in the ass to use for playback so i just use bias standalones

did anyone get anything for christmas? i got some panties and a book that teaches me how to play guitar, im so excited! :3

logical conclusion to boring trash music

I got a couple light fixtures for my workbench im about to build. The work bench is to build amps, effects and guitars

>e]
msjy
mathrick is the most intereting use of guitzrs in modern music

he plays a gibson

>he plays all according to plan

>he plays an Alembic

Are you a guy?

>he plays a fender

I play an Ibanez hollowbody strat with 2 humbuckers from the artcore series :>

i wanna know too

Wish I could afford one desu

>he plays a fender

FTFY

Mic my amp or acoustic and record with sony vegas because its what i already have

There are no guys on the internet sillies! :3

>they make great guitars, but their website looks like its from 1987

ill never understand

looking for a usable bass for gigging. i just want something that has a forgiving amount of action, 24 frets, isnt an ugly ibanez-esque design, and sounds alright

damn i was hoping 4 a qt twinker but oh well, you cant get everything on christmas

Buying an amp with christmas money tomorrow or the day after.

Right now im set on a Marshall MGCFX30

any better options in that price range?

fuck low end marshalls. go for a boss katana if you can find one.

why do I like the Marshall sound so much? is it rational?

Nah they're dece

Bravo m8, i know when to admit ive been out memed. I saved your image, i would hope that you grant me permission to use it in times such as these.

Ill leave you a meme in return, i call it "listens to (the) melvins once"

Also
>he plays a metal guitar
>its not pointy

I run an AC30 and Marshall Stack combined, split channels. Sounds god teir with that jangly anglo crunch, but then the real nice fucking mid and bass

>he plays a metal guitar
>its not pointy

kfc sends its regards

I have the MGCFX30, ask me anything.

I haven't tried anything in the same price range, but I can tell you I'm not too fond of this amp. I don't like any of the overdrive/distortion channels. I ended up using pedals instead. So basically, at least for me, this amp was just a mediocre clean sound with the Marshall logo slapped on the front.

I know the Fender Mustang is a fairly popular option for the same price. Maybe go to Guitar Center, if you have one, and try a bunch of these amps.

>Audacity
For the love of god download Reaper dude.

Don't bother with the new DSL100 heads or any of the current DSL range user, they're overpriced and are a farcry from a real Marshall. Buy a used JCM2000 DSL50 or DSL100 instead. They're made in UK, have ACTUAL spring reverb instead of solid state, great for modding, and can be found for cheap as on the used market.

But to answer your question, the Marshall sound is probably one of my favorites, nothing beats a British amp.

I'm a big fan of the 1959 SLP but it's expensive as hell

Reaper does me good, my only grip is that you can't set the metronome to anything other than the beat of the time signature (i.e. you can't set it to dotted quarter notes for 12/8). But aside from that small gripe it does everything I need and has an indefinite free trial.

>bought an overpriced mememaster and is buttmad at actual good guitarists

pretty sad

I'll check out reaper, thanks

you guys know that bend that santiago plays right before the chorus on the Pixies' "Gouge Away"?

how does he get the note to sustain for that long? just high gain and compression, or is it something else? is he even using a compressor?

>dece

I want you to leave.

?

T'was the night before Christmas, and all through the chan
Not an amp was heard buzzing, all guitars were on stands
The strings were all strung, and tuned up with care
In hopes that warm tones, would soon be there

The pedals were nestled, and packed on the board
With visions of licks, and jazzy blue chords
Tripfags were shitposting, I tried to ignore
While looking for chords, I'd not played before

When out from /gg/, there arose such a post
I gazed up from my shoes, with a glimmer of hope
Away to the basement, I ran in a flash
To play my guitar, slung real low just like Slash

The sticky not read, I pretend like I know
I should probably just lurk, or maybe just go
When what to my wondering ears should appear
Arpeggios so sweet, melodies so sincere

With this little amp, and a really thick pick
Out came new riffs, that I knew were so sick
As fast as speed metal, the notes they all came
I knew all the chords, and I called them by name

Now F sharp, now B, A minor and G
On D9, A7, on B flat and C
From the top of the neck, t'where harmonics do fall
We're all going to make it, merry Christmas to all

> he plays guitar

Did you use music theory make that?

my cat fucked up a word and i had to repost it

I want a new amp to replace my SS 40W Blackstar but I also want a looper pedal and I can only afford one. Help.

yes, I drew heavily on my knowledge of metre and rhyme

Can someone point me in the right direction for Orchestral guitar? I don't want to be a musical hack, I'd like to learn music theory along with the guitar and there are no local musicians I can afford. I want to be able to play sheet music by sight and write my own pieces in sheet music. Tablature feels like its for hacks. I've been playing pop guitar for years now and started learning Bach's first cello suite. I started learning the Courante when I realized I was only a hack. I didn't understand the theory behind the music, I was a copycat following someone elses instruction and interpretation of the music, their transposition of the music.

Please help me learn. I'm saving up for pic related.

It's undoubtedly a girl (male)

A complex piece of classical music arranged for guitar would be extremely hard to sight read because of the ambiguity of positions. They'll sometimes give "hints" on the staff about which finger/string to play on.

Your goal is lofty, and probably short sighted.

I like propellorhead's reason.

I use amplitube too, pretty fun to fuck around with.

Any DAW will do to use the plugins, if you're new to DAWs people like to start on FL studio, but don't stay there long it's shit. Shit but easy. Move to Ableton or something after you learn the basics of what DAWs do and how they work.

When you look at the fret board what do you see?

My goal is anything but lofty. Most classical guitarists play from memory but read from sheet music, memorizing groupings of measures and rehearsing them as they learn new groupings. I'll clarify on what I mean by sight reading, I don't mean play it perfectly from beginning to end, but to indeed be able to learn the piece and play it directly from the sheet music as I learn instead of transposing it to tab.

Do you know how to read sheet music written for guitar? There are notations indicating which string and which finger to play it on, there are also specific places on the staff that "belong" to certain notes, A on the B string (2nd fret) for example is the second space up on the treble clef. I take this from "David Braid's Classical Guitar", the first few chapters.

Bumping my question.
I would post in /comp/ but that doesn't exist anymore.

Yeah good luck finding one of those for a bargain kek.

Definitely worth learning. FYI the trial version has no time limit.

Flip a coin, or save your money kek.

for me it's the fender® stratocaster™ the best electric guitar

I've long since forgotten how to read sheet music properly.

But when a song book only has chords and notes (like books labelled piano/guitar), it does become apparent what you're supposed to do without having a rock solid knowledge of sheet reading

books with tab and staffs are a good bridge to your goal

I was about to get mad about you mongs going through three threads in 24 hrs but then I read through this one and it's all underage Christmas break redditors shitposting so I don't have a problem with it anymore.

Carry on.

bach's a good place to start, try playing simple stuff with one or two voices and then try to eventually create your own transcriptions. listen to and analyze the music and then you'll be able to perform it better.

Its pretty cool. Im thinking about buying one soon, for muh single coils.

No problem

You should have seen it earlier in the week, i left for a few days cause i couldnt take it. Im normally a patient person.

godo job, buy stratocaster™

shapes, im a visual learner.

We'll see. I have to weigh my options.

no weigh option, buy statocaster™ best fender® guitar

Really, its only competing against the country meme, the surf meme, and the "indie" meme, as far as fender goes. Unless you count the basses

beautiful. cocobolo can be very pretty. too bad it's on that protected list now. I'm making some acoustics with cocobolo fretboards I bought some years ago. Wild looking wood. If a little tonally muted.

Can anyone recommend me a good acoustic guitar? It'll be my first one

is no meme fender® make great fantastic guitar. stratocaster™ is best guitar best price, buy statocaster!!! you love

ibanez gd

stop shitposting anytime

that pic is all kinds of horrible :^|

bass is actually just an easy version of guitar, begone from my thread bass man

Maybe if you're using a pick

Does anyone have any advice on how to start playing guitar with the rhythm in mind? I can play stuff by ear, but I'm not counting.
I guess just counting while I play would be a good start right?
I want to know so I can start playing music with varying time signature changes like Animals As Leaders or Protest the Hero. They're pretty much my favorites when it comes to metal guitar.
Any advice to someone who knows scales and stuff, but can't read sheet music, and has been playing for 11 years without formal training that would allow this to be simpler?

Also, merry christmas.

t."""""""""bassist""""""""" for local high school punk band

biggest memes youve ever seen? youtube.com/watch?v=kEgBRHNYBdQ

As a guitar player, I can say that bass is a lot harder to make sound good, especially within a band. You've got a simpler melody, but you're the rhythm keeper. If you're not on point, it sounds sloppy.
Bass players need to be tasteful.

Just do the maths and set it to whatever it ends up being, unless you mean you want the metronome to like swing or something, in which case idk

>been playing for 11 years

what on earth have you been doing?

I've been lazy. I sound good, but never played in a band. I'm just trying to get better. A better answer might be school.

masturbating to anime

I'm starting my music theory journey today, wish me luck my fellow gaytarists.

Counting is what it boils down to. Start to recognize and get the common subdivisions ingrained in your mind. Like usually rhythms can boil down to groups of 3's and 2's, i.e. the 5/4 clave of 3+3+2+2.

Related to that learn where the pulse is. A lot of odd meter won't sound odd and just flow, so pick up on the pulse and count how many quarter/eighth notes are between the strongest pulses.

And just learn theory, man. At least the basics of rhythm notation like note duration, measures, and time signatures. Then learn about triplets. musictheory.net has quick lessons on this.

After you start to understand this try to figure out the rhythm for easy songs by ear, which might require you to learn notation.

Enjoy man, I personally loved learning theory and still look for new principles. Just remember: theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

best thing posted on r/guitar today desu

is poly finish a meme

only have two nitro guitars at the moment

youtube.com/watch?v=8t1xoSXVOiE

what guitar is this?

>reddit

the OP is actually pretty based but topkek at that most upboated list

we reddit now?

who /Reaper/ here

desu senpai