Just marathoned the first 3 tracks of this

Just marathoned the first 3 tracks of this
Does it get any better ? Any beatles member worth checking other than George ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SoxiC0BWELM
youtube.com/watch?v=pY9TX_Q7j-o
youtube.com/watch?v=M8V1nFCP058
youtube.com/watch?v=8mnDSI-fRp4
youtube.com/watch?v=vrsPw6kGMZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SBgkezIHZ48
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> marathoned
Dude, you're suppose to listen to the whole album (all the songs are good).
Ringo is boring, Lennon has some good songs, only the first album by Harrison is great, Macca is GOAT.

This album is an easy 10/10

ADHD underage faggot

>marathoned the first three track

take your fucking adderall

Uh excuse me? What did you just say about me?

Well... his music is boring. He isn't.

Paul McCartney is a hack. At least Lennon's music has some heart to it.

> Lennon
> Heart
What?

>imagine theres no heaven
>hey bungalow bill what did you kill

I guess taste is subjective.
Ringo is best Beatle IMHO.

>I don't listen to solo McCartney

George sucks.

George was a better guitar player than John.
Prove me wrong

>Pro tip: You literally CAN'T!

This.

Like everyone else,
>marathoned
>first 3 tracks

If you didn't like the first 3 you probably won't like the rest. But don't worry, it's just because you're a faggot... Maybe try Uncle Albert, but I'm doubting your tastes at this point.

From what I've heard, Paul has the best cumulative solo output (Band on the Run, Ram, McCartney I & II, etc.), and if you don't recognize and appreciate the longevity and consistent quality of his catalog through the 1970s and beyond, then you're missing out.

I will admit that George also has some strong solo material. Wonderwall Music is quirky and adventurous, and All Things Must Pass is the best solo Beatle album. Haven't listened to much past this however, and am open to recommendations of other high quality albums of his. I'm not super into the Traveling Willburys though, so don't bother with that.

In my opinion, John was little more than a pop culture symbol after the Beatles. Strawberry Fields Forever is probably my favorite Beatles song, and I haven't heard any solo material of his that came even remotely close to the depth and creativity of that song or any of his other countless Beatles classics (though George Martin also deserves a lot of credit on Strawberry Fields and many other Beatles masterpieces). Anyway, John has a few decent solo songs scattered about, but I think Yoko truly was a curse on his post-Beatles output. After all, she is the literal textbook definition of a talentless hack and I cannot stress this enough. Chapman shot the wrong person...

And Ringo, god love him, is just Ringo...

I agree with you mostly, but I still don't get the appeal of All Things Must Pass. It's not a bad album by any stretch, but both John and Paul had solo albums that make ATMP rather forgettable.

This. All of this.

seeAlso, All Things Must Pass is - by itself - far better than the greatest hits of John's entire solo discography.

Agreed but don't be mean to Ringo. He is a superb drummer, and anyone who denies that can be stumped with a single word...

Rain

Ring is a great drummer, but he isn't that good at making songs on his own.

>both John and Paul had solo albums that make ATMP rather forgettable
Nah. I could understand the argument for Paul, but not John.

I guess I seem a little overly praising of All Things Must Pass. I admit it has a few filler tracks (the jams specifically don't really stand out, especially after listening to jazz and other improvisation-based groups). But I love it for what it is - simple in structure yet ambitious in vision, melodic yet bittersweet. He clearly had a lot to get out after the Beatles, and I feel he really played to his strengths as a songwriter and guitarist and lived up to his potential in that way. It may not be as satisfying in an experimental sense as, say, Wonderwall, but it still sounds to me as though someone took the last 3 Beatles albums and isolated George's creative essence into something that simultaneously is a part of the group he left behind but also moving on and blossoming into his own.

It seems all the best solo Beatles material is the stuff that was written in or close to their transitions into solo artists, because I would have similar things to say about Paul's solo work, and to a lesser extent John's first album or two.

Is this even up for debate? John was a trash guitar player, and george was amazing.. Listen to the solos in the end.

Ringo was a good drummer for what he did - he played well in the pocket in 4/4 or 3/4 time. However I've seen someone post Rain before in making the case for Ringo being a great drummer, and I still don't think it's particularly impressive display. I think Happiness is a Warm Gun would be a better case because of the odd time in the first half. But regardless, his style is simple and modest by definition. He was certainly tasteful and gave tunes what they needed, but that's only part of what makes a good drummer. John famously even joked in an interview - when asked something along the lines of whether he thought Ringo was the best drummer in the world - that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles...

And anyway, this is about their solo output, not about who is a good drummer.

>When I find myself in times of trouble, mother mary comes to me. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
>WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD. WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD. WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD.

I laugh every time I hear the latter. But it's not a laugh of pity, you don't write something that goofy without self-awareness.

yeah, I don't actually dislike that song. Didn't he write it about a couple of monkeys he saw fucking in the middle of a road in india?

paul wrote all those solos

well shit, never knew that. Also didn't know paul penned the line at the end of the end, always figured that was john.

True but John at his best was the best writer in the Beatles. Anything that makes it seem otherwise is probably just the widespread influence he had.

I still think paul is the best writer. But that's because I really like stuff like martha my dear and maxwell's silver hammer.

No. Paul was the best writer in the Beatles. Both in lyrics and composition. I agree that Strawberry Fields is pretty amazing, but what other Lennon song comes close to that?

Yeah, that's the same story I read.

This. Though I could name plenty of great John tunes from Rubber Soul onward, Strawberry Fields was in my opinion the creative peak of his career, and possibly of the Beatles in general. I think they're a little closer in lyrics, but in terms of composition and certainly of musicianship Paul beats John any day.

Across the universe is pretty great, but it's not as good as some of paul's stuff.
I never got the massive love for strawberry fields. For me it's just another good, trippy lennon song.

George's guitar playing is boring as shit. Listen to Cold Turkey or what Lennon was doing on Yoko's Plastic Ono Band (particularly Why).

Ram has some good tracks but, you picked the wrong McCartney to start with.

youtube.com/watch?v=SoxiC0BWELM

Agreed with the other poster that ATMP is great but overrated/overlong.
His album after that was quite good, but I will defend to the grave that his 1979 self-titled is unreally beautiful and his best album. The 33&1/3 album before that was quite good too. Even his final Brainwashed is great!

youtube.com/watch?v=pY9TX_Q7j-o

"i don't believe in cinnamon."
-John Lennon

what the fuck did he mean by this?

Not so sure about that friendo...
youtube.com/watch?v=M8V1nFCP058

>TWEE
>HOLE
>TWACKZ
Who's a good boy? You're a good boy.

George was just a more mellow player than John, he was still definitely the more skilled player of the two. Just because John plays with more dirt and raw angst doesn't make him better. He does make some interesting sounds on Plastic Ono Band - more chaotic and avant-garde than anything George ever played - but John doesn't come close to the lyrical phrasing and depth of articulation that George has.
youtube.com/watch?v=8mnDSI-fRp4

Thanks for the recs, I'll check those other albums out

What is

>A Day in the Life
>I Am the Walrus
>Help
>Norwegian Wood
>In My Life
>All You Need is Love
>Come Together
>Happiness is a Warm Gun

Come on man how can you leave out

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Nowhere Man
I'm Only Sleeping

As long as we're talking about John's songwriting

youtube.com/watch?v=vrsPw6kGMZQ

This song would've been great if it was closer to the demo, also the bride in every version is painfully short.

Get the fuck off my board beatlecuck

A Day In The Life...

The anthology version of One Day At A Time is my favourite.
youtube.com/watch?v=SBgkezIHZ48

Plastic Ono Band is a great album by John. Paul's stuff has its good moments, but it's mostly just catchy tunes with no real meaning.

Yeah, there might be meaning, but most of them are just "ok" songs. Paul wrote better songs, no deeper, just better.

This is my favorite album ever. Fight me.

HAND ACROSS THE WATER
HEADS ACROSS THE SKY

Nigga Paul has at least 4 INCREDIBLE solo albums to his name. John and George only have 1 incredible solo albums to their name. All things must pass and Plastic Ono Band
Paul has
RAM
VENUS AND MARS
BAND ON THE RUN
FLAMING PIE
BACK TO THE EGG
And even NEW is nice

>Venus and Mars
>Back To The Egg
>incredible
at least say chaos and creation or something jesus christ

>McCartney II
TEMPORARY

All wonderful songs, but we're comparing to

I've Just Seen a Face
Things We Said Today
Yesterday
Michelle
You Wont See Me
Eleanor Rigby
Here There and Everywhere
For No One
Got to Get You Into My Life
She's Leaving Home
Fixing a Hole
Lovely Rita
The Fool on the Hill
Your Mother Should Know
Penny Lane
Blackbird
Martha My Dear
Mother Natures Son
Helter Skelter
Rocky Raccoon
I Will
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End
You Never Give Me Your Money
Hey Jude
Two of Us
Let It Be
The Long and Winding Road

not to mention McCartney I, Ram, Band on the Run, McCartney II just to highlight a few solo works.

Those are both better than Chaos and Creation. Every Wings album is better than Chaos and Creation.

Wings are mostly trash

>not Yoko
1/10 taste, that's the best I can do

Just because you've never listened to an album outside of Band on the Run (if you've even listened to that) doesn't mean they're trash. In fact in means that your opinion is invalid.

I have, though. Even Band On The Run is not as great as it's made out to be.

This is where I disagree with you wholeheartedly. Unless you take music critics' opinions seriously, Wings were always on par and occasionally better than the Beatles. Sometimes better in composition (because imo McCartney was by far the best songwriter in the Beatles), but definitely better as instrumentalists and performers (barring Linda's contributions). The worst Wings album is still better than the worst Beatles album.

paul was a better guitarist than john

I will fight you over who loves it more because it is also my favorite

I just listened to Dear Boy and felt like I was going to lose my mind over those harmonies