Pinkerton

why is this album good? i just got it and it's pretty corny

Normie pls

i mean this track about him wanting to marry a lesbian? its kinda comfy and the melodies are good but im just not feeling their content and mood

It depends on how you approach the album; it's not a successor to The Blue Album. It's far more angsty and serious than its predecessor. I think he wanted to make In Utero

>wanting someone who doesn't want you

Is this a hard theme to empathize with?

You're either not a teenage guy or you're gay

okay i get that in a little more context. im not a big weezer fan so i don't think i was ready for how upbeat they are?? i dont know what other word to use. almost feel like you took Brand New and just brightened it up a bit. rather than existential crisis it's more like heartbroken angst
I guess i get it
I'm 21 now, I definitely would have been all over this when I was a bit younger I think. I don't think I'm gay at this point

Pinkerton was the first emo album

What is Braid?

no way, emo was around for at least 10 years before pinkerton came out

Emo started in the mid 80s

Rivers read a bunch of joe matt comics and stole the idea of being completely open about your life and put it in musical form, i have nostalgia for weezer because i was a kid then.
Rivers can craft a catchy song.
Also i dont think rivers even likes emo music, he is a secret metal head.
Emo music started with faggots like sunny day real estate and american football

what a fucking retard lmao

>Emo music started with faggots like sunny day real estate and american football
that's 2nd wave emo, the 1st wave was a branch off of the DC hardcore scene

there are 3 eras of emo

the first one which was just sad hardcore

the americ anfootball-related revivalism

the new twinkly revival revival

I dont know why they just keep reviving the old sound, Emo music is ripe for being a fusion genre since its till kind of new and hasnt been experimented with.

Lets get the 4th wave emo funk era going yall

there are 4 waves of emo
1st wave - emocore
2nd wave - midwest emo
3rd wave - MTVmo
4th wave - revival

internet killed emo.
>dude check my quirky ironic band xD

anyway, the scene peaked with screamo.

5th wave, whatever.

The mtv emo is actually called pop emo.
I was a kid then, it was a weird era actually, Emo was popular but for some reason the mainstream didnt push it like they did with grunge.

>The mtv emo is actually called pop emo.
actually it was emo pop

Internet didnt kill Emo, i was there man, emo was at its peak during the myspace era near the beginning of social media.
Then after emo died somewhere around like 2008, everyone became a hipster .

op here not sure about where emo started or ended but it's an interesting side-discussion.

if i wasn't really into this album, is it worth checking out the blue album to give it more context and revisit? or skip and just move on to something new

a lot of people will tell you that blue's not emo but i consider it kind of emo, like secondary-on-RYM tier emo. regardless you should listen to it.

dubs confirm it. i'll give it a go later