Does one thing well

>does one thing well
>does it a billion times with subtle variations
>win a billion golds
>greatest champion ever

Is there a bigger bullshit "sport"?

>it's like winning the 100m and the marathon!!!

Fuck off. total meme sport.

No but it's sort of like winning the 100m and 110m hurdles

Didn't he win medleys as well as individual strokes? That's pretty impressive desu

No it's like Bolt had 5x 100 meters finals and 5x 200 meters medals.

he's an IM champ as well which includes all 4 strokes dumb fuck

The point OP was making is that different strokes shouldn't be seperate contests.

You need very different body types to excel at each stroke so no that would make it stupid and less about raw ability

>You need very different body types to excel at each stroke

Clearly you don't unless I missed the part of the olympics where Phelps changes forms.

Swimming is bretty gay and boring. Idk why so many people watch it

I think it's just women who think the dudes are hot

that's why its so goddamned impressive, you filthy kraut

It's not that exceptional actually. Obviously Phelps is the best and that's impressive, but good swimmers historically always raked up the medal count because the swimming disciplines are so similar. Even if you only dominate one stroke you can easily get 3-5 golds each olympics because of the different race lengths.

>good swimmers historically always raked up the medal count because the swimming disciplines are so similar

phelps is the only swimmer in the top 10 of individual medals. its way easier for gymnasts

Gymnastics are a similar field, yes, but I still think swimming is "worse" in that regard. And even by your count, if you look at the top 21 people, there are 9 gymnasts and 8 swimmers, hardly a difference.
Looking at only multiple golds, swimmers are more common than gymnasts, but again they're both very close.

You're a fool

No, you're a fool to overrate one (still great) achievment.

op cant swim

Well, he's not a choker so there's that
He kicked ass at the trials

who cares it's the most entertaining sport to watch in the olypmics

britbottle with a proxy detected

>implying