So the new star trek will have a female lead and she wont even be captain of a starship but a lieutenant commander

so the new star trek will have a female lead and she wont even be captain of a starship but a lieutenant commander.

the show will also feature gay characters and have plenty of diversity and equality.

i was excited but not so much anymore.
theyre changing the way existing aliens look and adding a bunch of new ones. wtf man.

ew.com/article/2016/08/10/star-trek-tv-series?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

hitfix.com/the-dartboard/star-trek-jj-abrams-vs-bryan-fuller-she-saidshe-said
ew.com/article/2016/08/10/star-trek-tv-series?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the show should be renamed "SJW's in Space"

I love it when this shit happens because it proves just how much easier it is to trigger conservatives and trumpfags.
>would you like some food with that salt?

not a conservative or trump fag.
i just like star trek the way its been. completely changing the point of view of the show is retarded. i will still watch but my expectations will be very very low

bump

Sooo basically it's the same idea that was behind Voyager, which was a total piece of shit, and most fans hated? Overly diverse, and shoved down our throats.

The only way they could boost viewership was to add borg this and borg that.

They killed diversity with Voyager. Glad to see they're kicking that horse some more for a new generation. But hey, they can always bring in some Borg.

It's amazing how everyone forgot about Voyager, so much so they had to make this. But that's the way of the world now, just as it was in the 70s, and will be forgotten in another decade. Enjoy the dead series.

Star trek phase 2 already featured Kirk's gay nephew. it worked well. I can't wait to see the new show. let's hope it's not shit like Enterprise.

If you loved Star Trek you'd know that the franchise has been changed heaps. The recent movies are totally different the the original series.

yeah i enjoyed the recent movies as nothing more than entertaining action flicks.

im just hoping this new series has some philosophy and other interesting topics like previous series had

Because TNG didnt change the way Klingons looked

it wast a dramatic change from star trek os.

just added minor skin flaps on the forehead.

> The star won’t be the captain but rather be a lieutenant commander, “with caveats,” he said. “We’ve seen six series from the captain’s point of view; to see a character from a different perspective on the starship — one who has a different dynamic relationships with a captain, with subordinates, it gave us richer context.”
It's like they've never watched any Star Trek series except ToS. Every episode they pick one of the main cast and make them the focal point. They don't just follow the captain around.

And skin color

show is the jj abrams universe

so right there its going to be shit

\also diffrent crew each season

well my main problem with the new show is not that cosmetic changes by the change of point of view.
i was really excited to see another captain facing crazy decisions and shit that tested his humanity.

it didn't at ALL
the change happen in one of the movies first

where u getting this info from?

the show is based off the the original series before kirks 5 year mission.
has nothing to do with jj abrams

the jj Abrams movies took place before kirks 5 year mission

also Alex Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller confirmed they are bassing the visuals and cannon off the movies

links?

one sec

thanks bro

I remember Voyager. I'm glad Enterprise made up for it. Rather re watch Enterprise 50 times over than a Voyager episode.

And the movies are on a totally different timeline.

why is voyager so globally hated on?
ive only seen tng and loved it.
planning to start os before new series airs.

i thought deep space nine was one of the best because of the character growth and development

Have you watched any Star Trek before? It's a SJW utopia.

silly episodes
costant breaking of the rules when it wouldnt help and fallowing them when its dumb to

constantly scrueing over the crew for no reason

hitfix.com/the-dartboard/star-trek-jj-abrams-vs-bryan-fuller-she-saidshe-said

found this which says im wrong so yea i guess im wrong

do u remember any examples?

janway was such a bad captian in the EU she gets in trouble for it when she gets home

Pandering to the SJWs worked so well in the new Ghostbusters. Good to see no one learned a thing.

they find two frengi who are next to a wormhole from TNG that they know goes home

tovock tell her the prime derective says they haft to leave the frengi alone dispite them being dicks

jane way says no and fucks over the ship

well seeing as how that article is months old things can change.
but i was going off ops article.
heres a quote

>"Star Trek: Discovery will be set in the “Prime Universe” (so in the timeline of the original shows, not the J.J. Abrams reboot films), about a decade before Captain Kirk’s five-year mission."

this article is from tuesday

seems like the show was just trying to be dramatic and it upsets hardcore fans

well it looks like im wrong

and im really happy about it
sounds like its in the same time as axanar
(dispite that not being cannon )

Lol that's not what happened. The TNG episode explains it just fine, and Voyager explains it again. The wormhole was unstable and unpredictable. They couldn't calculate when or where it would reappear.

it was just super bad wrighting
and her logic seems to change from episode to episode

also the ruined the borg making them not scary

Deep space 9 was also a amazing show.

1. Enterprise
2. Next Generation
3. Original series

Shitty development, shitty character personalities, contradictions and pretty much intergalactic clumsiness.

your are mistaken

the end in the alpha quadrant is stable its the other end thats not

so the side voyager was on was only going to be there for a short time but we KNOW where it lead

i loveTNG but yea its characters stagnet for ever

but look at worf in ds9

he is super super deep with layers hes not just a Klingon hes a really unique person

never seen Sup Forums agree 100% with each other before.

prolly wont be watching voyager then. thanks for saving my time guys.

like an ogre?

The only thing I give a shit about is going back to the series developed upon decades of story telling. I liked Enterprise, but I want something that takes place AFTER and IN CONTINUITY with everything else produced.

What I really wanted was a series that took place post-dominion wars, about the period the last TNG movie took place, but actually good. If you want to bump it 10 years down the line fine. But have it follow up on all the stories that people had been following. A new era for the Federation where half their planets had been bombarded. Where pleasure planets had been raped and pillaged. Where old enemies like Romulans were stationed side by side and the Federation was for the first time finding itself cracking from its own infrastructure.

I was thinking this kind of story could be brilliantly done with a smaller ship, not with a Captain (or at least at first) a smaller crew that was going within the Federation and repairing ties. Still plenty of room for exploration.

There's always been female captains (and admirals) since ToS, gay characters/races, asexual races, etc.

Star Trek was about a universe where all these transgender/gay/lesbian people could exist AND NOT BE fucking annoying. Ya know, there were normal people; they just liked to munch on carpet or dick.

>We haven’t cast her yet, so we don’t know what level of diversity she will be, but that’s forefront in our minds

What does that even mean?
White man - 0 points
Black Woman - 5 points
Black gay woman in a wheelchair - 10 points

Why do Americans do this?

DS9 had very good consistent character development. It was obvious that it was more organized and had better writers. I honestly can't think of a situation that led to Voyager.

There's still a small group of people who like Voyager. You should watch it just to try it. I may not like it but it won't have the same effect on everyone.

I am shit at photoshop, but if some one can make the logo say "star trek, diversity" il put it on a tshirt.

Well yeah but they couldn't predict where to enter the wormhole. They lost it. That's my point. That's how the Ferengi got screwed, and why in the TNG episode they abandoned the whole thing.

i liked that asian niggers character in the newest star trek movie i enjoyed how they portrayed him as gay, but that being gay wasnt the only thing about his character.

I loved a lot of episodes in Voyager. I think there was some amazing acting and writing. Great characters. But it was definitely the weakest Star Trek and had some serious obvious flaws. I would say it's better to watch like the 10 best episodes and not try to follow the series beginning to end unless you have nothing else in life to do.

well the initials are STD

>unless you have nothing else in life to do.
lol good to know.
i have plenty of patience though as i only watch trek after smoking fat blunts.

the only reason i liked voyager was for that delicious jeri ryan

Here come the transsexual gender disorientated aliens with prosthetic latex dildos on their heads fronted by princess unicorn. Watch and be fagged.

Because North America and Europe are cucked hardcore.

They always exclude "Star Trek" from the initials. It's probably going to be DSC.

There was a black female captain in TNG, Laforge's mother specifically.

but in voyager there on the side that changes already

meaning they know for a fact if they enter it now they will end up in the alpha quadrant

there other to more if you count civilians like kasity yates

Have you guys seen the ship video? Honestly it doesn't look that bad. I believe it was inspired off a very old concept. But lots of people are crying over it.

yes but beter

he grew up questioning what klingons were like and trying to be one so hard that when he finaly starter meeting them he found out they dont practice all day and fallow every ceremony

but as a result worf became a super bad ass

They can have their female leads, black actors and all that, fine, its been done before. If they have to have a gay character, meh, whatever.

What I dont like is the "reimagining" of everything. I just want a show where I can recognize a klingon or a romulan.

Hopefully they dont screw that up...

Exactly this, there have ALWAYS been black, Asian, gay, etc etc characters in Star Trek, and they did exactly the right thing in nit making a big deal out if it, because it's perfectly normal and in the future no one even cares. Seeing these characters going on about how they got to where they were in spite of race, gender, sexual orientation would make no sense because in rhe future, no one cares.

i call it nemesis syndrome

a company does something the fan base tells them they dont want it fails
and than they say "i guess no one likes this anymore"

Alright I looked it up. They do try to go through the wormhole, but the Ferengi fuck it up and ruin it for them. However they could have gone through the wormhole without the Ferengi. So I agree it's another dumbshit moment.

But it's Janeway's adherence to cleaning up her own mess that was simultaneously frustrating and ultimately pretty satisfying. She kept fucking over her crew to save other people but in the end she fucked over everyone and really fucked the Borg in the ass by time travelling back and giving Voyager future technology to kill Borg and get back to Earth.

I'd say their trip was worth it, if only because in one episode they find out the dinosaurs had left earth in spaceships they built millions of years ago and continued to evolve in the Delta Quadrant.

I wish this work work with treyarch.

here somthing kind of neat
in that episode nelix dresses up as a frengi and mentions how they need ot go home

in the previos episodes with the frengi in tng the same actor as nelix played the frengi first officer

>I'd say their trip was worth it, if only because in one episode they find out the dinosaurs had left earth in spaceships
Holy fuck I forgot about that episode.

Whaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuck was that.

>ew.com/article/2016/08/10/star-trek-tv-series?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

>Between the SIkhs and Voyager Sup Forums has never agreed on anything.

>twitter socialflow
Kill yourself you fucking casual normal.

I liked voyager, tbh. Give it a try.

I never saw that one, closest I remembered was Janeway and Paris turning into lizards

>Near the shuttle, they discover two amphibian beings, with trace DNA of Paris and Janeway.
>The two have mated and have had three offspring.
>The crew recover their transformed crew-members to be returned to human by the Doctor, and leave the offspring behind.

Threshold... hilarious episode.

Oh god that episode

Female Captain is fine as long as she is a 10/10 this time and not a sexless janeway.
Gay Character is fine as long as its hot female.
Uniforms need to have some sex appeal.

Voyager was tedious,
Deep space nine was boring as hell.
TNG was interesting because I was a child at the time. The Writing and direction was fucking juvenile.

TOS was the best series in terms of writing. the stories were almost whovian. Kirk settled matters by fucking alienes or beating them with his fists. Its a SCI FI show FFS. I don't want philosophy and endless tech babble about some non existent perfect future. SEx and action, its not complicated.

They already made this movie tho

you have no idea what you're talking about.
TOS had the most philosophy of any of the series.
Kird did a soliloquy three times and episode.
DS9 had by far the most sex and action.
People literally fucked while ships got blown up and thousands of people died all around them.
And you thought that one was the most boring.