/rio/ - parade of nations

See where your country goes...

>Brazil ranked in last place

Embarrassing.

What time does this start and where can I watch?

>not in alphabetical order

>refugee olympic athletes

Home delegations always come last

It starts at 20:00 GMT-3 (23:00 GMT), NBC will broadcast with 1h delay

>It is in OUR alphabetical order...

Germany is in a shitty position imo, being sandwiched between all those more or less irrelevant third world countries (inb4 caliphate joke)

Our flag bearer is Timo Boll, serious contender for table tennis and the first german person to get this position via a popular vote between multiple candidates

>NBC will broadcast with 1h delay
have they learned nothing at all from those past years?

Ours will be Yane Marques. The only woman in the whole southern hemisphere to have a olympic medal in "modern penthatlon".

They learned that american women are still the majority audience and will still watch NBC's coverage

Quick fact that I've just read now:

>since Maracanã stadium doesn't have a athletics track, athletes will enter the stadium on the midfield (like a soccer game) and will bifurcate into a Y on the other side of the field, thus not performing a whole circle in the stadium

Ours is Rosie MacLennan. She was the only gold winner for Canada in London

Should have been Daniel Nestor though. 6 time Olympian, one of the all time tennis doubles greats and former gold winner in his last Olympics.

>woman

Looks like Jimmy Bullard, m8.

Forgot pic

She's not attractive to me either, but she managed to score a bronze in a sport that NOBODY here knew about. I remember in London transmissions that everyone was kinda shocked with her.

OH MY GOD!
NINTENDO 64!

NBC was complaining about this because of "muh ratings" and tried to enforce "english alphabetical order". IOC only told them to fuck off...

Greece always comes first?

>have to sit next to Estonia
what the fuck

>Greece comes first because of the Olympic Origins,
>Then comes all the other countries (except the host) in the alphabetical order in the language of the host country
>Finally, comes the host country

In Athens 2004, the Greece flag came first (without delegation) and the Greek delegation (without flag) came last.

Russia is only two places away...

News from /rio/

>Marta says that she'll go on the Opening Ceremony, despite having a game on saturday
>People are already assembling things there (pic related).
>Giselle Bündchen will show herself off while Tom Jobim's son plays Garota de Ipanema
>Anitta will perform (idk what they had in mind, but she's hot, so that's okay)
>The whole ceremony will tell Brazil's history, since Portugal's discovery in 1500 until the present day

that's pretty neat

>tfw no ancient history

Here, have a map to find your bros on the field...

>puting us with all these north africans &middle easterner countries

VAI SE FODER BRASIL

?

We spent billions of moneys on this useless shit which we'll never see again, we do what we want.

>USA behind Saudi Arabia
DELET

i wonder who could be behind this

refugee
JESUS

Sala5 confirmed for best Sala

>tfw you don't have a sala...

This will probably be the only time anyone thinks of Micronesia for four more years.

Dank shit

>refugee olympic athletes

>How do you want your opening ceremony, famalam?
>Just make it a complete blast!

I saw the rehersal last sunday... I must say that it will be pretty good, but far from Beijing or London. In fact, it reminded me the PanAm games opening in 2007.

Ours is Giulia Steingruber. Recently got gold in the vault and floor at the European championships. People said if she can perform the same floor routine to the same standard, she should have a shot at medalling.