Why is Black Sabbath every Sup Forumscorebabbie's favorite "dadrock" band and the only one they like?

Why is Black Sabbath every Sup Forumscorebabbie's favorite "dadrock" band and the only one they like?

They are great but they are inferior to peers like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, however Sup Forums puts them on a pedestal and are now basically a hipster band.

In fact many Sup Forumscorebabbies don't even put them under the stupid "dadrock" label for some arbitrary reason when they are less diverse musically and produced lower quality music than the aforementioned bands.

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cNdB5-A9O7g
youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_(album)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cuz there good faggot

black sabbath essentially started 8 different genres without even trying. the riffs are all creative and the lyrics are evocative. if a band like black sabbath existed at any point since 1970, it would have been praised for reaching the pinnacle of their artistry. instead. all we have is sleep and dopethrone and a bunch of knockoffs

>the riffs are all creative

youtube.com/watch?v=cNdB5-A9O7g
youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI

really makes you think

i don't know why it's hard for you to believe if you speed up blues and make it "heavy" two bands will arrive at the same basic thing independently. doesn't make the fact that at a certain point it was highly original. if you listen to a melvins record without vocals there's a good chance you think "sabbath did it first"

None of that is true though. Sup Forums has about a hundred bands from the 70's they talk about more then Sabbath.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_(album)
>In 2013, Butler told Mojo magazine that the song "Paranoid" was "about depression, because I didn't really know the difference between depression and paranoia. It's a drug thing; when you're smoking a joint you get totally paranoid about people, you can't relate to people. There's that crossover between the paranoia you get when you're smoking dope and the depression afterwards." In 2015 Butler elaborated further to Dave Everly of Classic Rock: "I used to be a cutter. I'd cut my arms, stick pins through my fingers, that kind of thing. I used to get really depressed and it was the only thing that could bring me out of it. If Sabbath hadn't made it, I'd have been long dead. I'd have killed myself." According to Mick Wall's book Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe, Butler was dead set against the song because he thought it too closely resembled Led Zeppelin's "Communication Breakdown", with the bassist admitting, "I thought it was so much like that we couldn't possibly get away with it ... They were our favorite band by that time."

Black Sabbath is the better band overall imo, but still, that song isn't very original.

>inferior to the rolling stones

Rolling Stones are too normalfag dadrock desu.

this

Black Sabbath founded metal in my opinion. I can't believe people attribute the start to Led Zeppelin. I love Zep, but they're rock, not metal.

Anyway, idk Op, I've never seen anyone praise Black Sabbath here, but I like them and the term dadrock is cringey as fuck.

Is this the Anti-Sabbath poster?

like how in the 90s when Stones shows would always be filled with tons of 40-50 year old nostalgic idiots.

The real truth is that most of those people weren't even Rolling Stones fans back in the day, maybe didn't even like them at all, they were just going to the concerts for the "authentic" 70s rock experience. Yet they'd act as if they were there at the Altamont Free Concert or claim they still had their original pressing of Sticky Fingers they bought on release day in 1971.

OP is accurate, they get the most praise here of any true dadrock band, maybe with the exception of LZ or Pink Floyd.

first post best post

>LZ
Zeppelin is hated by most of Sup Forums, or around half

>Pink Floyd
debatable but Sabbath is probably more popular

Sabbath don't get talked about here nearly as much as Beach Boys, David Bowie, Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan.

Most of those artists have much bigger discographies.

Or King Crimson either.

Beyonce is better.

best band

But Sup Forums only talks about one or two albums from them.

>They are great but they are inferior to peers
>like The Rolling Stones
lol no
>Led Zeppelin
lol no
>and Pink Floyd
maybe

overall, i give you a D-
disappointing, see me after class.

Sabbath is really good
Rolling Stones had a run of unstoppable albums culminating with Exile
Led Zep is shit